• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

They're White therefore they are a US Ally

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tam

Reaction score
Continuing to question "reset"—New cold war?
Bruce Clarke
Defense Dept. Examiner

In past articles I have questioned both the desirability and utility of the "reset" policy towards Russia. The Obama administration adopted the reset policy in attempt to gain Russian support for some of the thorny issues being confronted by the world community. Two of those issues are the current concern about Iran's nuclear enrichment efforts and Syria's ongoing brutal attacks on its dissenters. Recently Russia has opposed US and the world community's efforts on both issues. Is this the beginning of a new cold war?

Support for Iran: In a recent meeting in Peking Russian President Putin said that: "Russia supports Tehran's atomic program as long as it is "peaceful."On the sidelines of the regional security meeting in Peking Putin went on to say that: "We have always supported the right of the Iranian people to modern technologies, including the peaceful use of atomic energy,"

In a statement signed at the end of the meeting the participants said: "Any attempts to solve the Iranian problem with force are unacceptable and could lead to unpredictable circumstances that threaten stability and security in the region and the entire world."

Clearly, the Russians and also the Chinese are seeking to undermine efforts to reign in Iranian nuclear ambitions. The same can be said for the severe sanctions that are due to go into effect next month. Russia seeks to exploit the Iranian arms market while China continues to seek oil sources around the world.

For his part Iranian president Ahmadinejad called for "serious and broader cooperation between Iran and Russia" due to developments "in the region and the world". He told Putin that: "Iran and Russia are now on the same side of the barricades." "There are people who stand against the progress and development of both Russia and Iran. Especially considering that now, NATO has set its sights on the east," he said. He was most likely referring to a NATO defense system that is being deployed to protect Europeans from the threat of ballistic missiles from countries such as Iran.

Support for Syria: Russia's foreign minister recently defended his country's sale of arms to Syria and accused the United States of supplying rebels with weapons to fight against the government. The most recent sale includes attack helicopters which will greatly increase the mobility and rapid reaction firepower for use against the dissenter—actual and potential.
In response Secretary of State Hillary Clinton described as "patently untrue" Moscow's argument that its arms transfers to Syria are unrelated to the conflict there.

The Russian foreign minister said: "We are not violating any international law in performing these contracts. They are providing arms and weapons to the Syrian opposition that can be used in fighting against the Damascus government." Interestingly these remarks were made in Tehran—another of Syria's major supporters. (Iran is reported to have provided arms using civilian airliners and some elite forces.)

Russia is also a principal defender of Syria on the diplomatic front and, as a permanent member of the UN Security Council with veto power, has stymied efforts by Western powers to pressure Syrian President Bashar al-Assad into stepping down.

Conclusion: It is obvious that Russia's policy is to keep the US and its allies tied down in the middle-east so as to allow it freedom of action in the Caucasus and elsewhere. The Chinese probably have the same rationale, especially in light of the Obama administration's tilt to the Pacific. If the "reset" policy was being effective one would not expect to see such adamant opposition to US and global community efforts with respect to Iran and Syria as the Russians have shown recently. Is it time to rethink "reset'? Are we entering a new cold war? Will "reset" become a foreign policy issue in US politics this fall? Time will tell, but candidate Mitt Romney's several statements suggest that he is opposed to reset Noted centrists like General (ret) Colin Powell have opposed Romney on this, however in the current run up to the G20 summit many are pressing the President to be tougher on Putin. Potentially, as goes Powell so goes the majority.

It really sucks when those commies turn into capitalists and start kickin butt at business around the world.

smalltime said:
It really sucks when those commies turn into capitalists and start kickin butt at business around the world.

what sucks more is the liberals attempts to capitalism.. and business..

smalltime said:

What sucks is an American thinking Russia is a US ally with the history between the two countries, due to skin color. :wink:

Thats not what I said Tam.Russia COULD be an ally.They have no reason to trust the US and that will never change.The hate and fear between the two countries is more than even white can overcome.

smalltime said:
Thats not what I said Tam.Russia COULD be an ally.They have no reason to trust the US and that will never change.The hate and fear between the two countries is more than even white can overcome.

under President Reagan, Gorbachev ushered in a new era of freedom at a great cost in territory to the USSR...

Russian leaders since then have all reached out to the US and we had forged a friendship...

a friendship based on mutual trust and as Reagan said .. verification...

then Obama in an effort to look cool gushed all over the Russians..

he has given at every point... collapsed at every negotiation..

so really what was Obama supposed to overcome... ?

Steve said:
smalltime said:

under President Reagan, Gorbachev ushered in a new era of freedom at a great cost in territory to the USSR...

Russian leaders since then have all reached out to the US and we had forged a friendship...

a friendship based on mutual trust and as Reagan said .. verification...

then Obama in an effort to look cool gushed all over the Russians..

he has given at every point... collapsed at every negotiation..

so really what was Obama supposed to overcome... ?

obama deals with Russia the same way he does with the Repub. house. He tells them what they should do. Instead of asking them what they think and negotiating from there. Once he gets a little resistance, he will try to force his ideas through, whatever way he can.

He will never get cooperation, being a Narcissicist.

did you see the video of him walking around, chewing his gum, looking for someone to "negotiate" with. He's a manchild

Everybody just ignores the manchild.

:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2c6Os7yl5hs

They have no reason to trust the US and that will never change.The hate and fear between the two countries is more than even white can overcome.

I have a bit of background with some Russians.. a business dealings and friendship that brought me alot of insight into how the Russians are really not much different then US,.... in many ways.. most are just decent hard working people who want a better life...

but not all are what we would call white... few have a fear of US,.. and not one I have ever met had even a smidgin of hatred...

my experience with Russians goes back to the early eighties.. and our uneasy war games..

my first chance to stand on the deck of one of their warships was in the late eighties..

one thought that struck me then and never left.. they liked a good joke and liked to laugh... a hearty laugh,,, and they like it when you laugh and drink with them... just be real careful as they can really drink... because it is acceptable to pass out.. but not acceptably to be slobbering drunk..

in other words.. drink,..laugh,.. and if you must pass out,.. but do it like a man...

and as they demand respect.. they like whomever they are dealing with to demand it as well...

I could tell some great stories,.. from my military days,.. and from the shipyards in my business dealings... with the Russians...

their economy suffered as ours did and they like US had hoped a bit from Obama ,.. but now they have a term for him.. and the best I can understand it is about the same as the term they use for a slobbering drunk..

and when I asked if it was a different word.. they said yes it is a different word.. but can't explain how it is different..

одурманенный

Results:
English
A besotted, blotto, dopey, dopy, mixed

http://online.ectaco.co.uk/main.jsp;jsessionid=bc3087b9454421123b7a?do=e-services-dictionaries-word_translate1&direction=2&status=translate&lang1=23&lang2=ru&source=%D0%BE%D0%B4%D1%83%D1%80%D0%BC%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B9

who would have thought it.. they have a word for Obama ? and his followers...

smalltime said:

Want to bet what you said. :roll:
http://ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=58520&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

smalltime wrote:
Good grief Tam! This is not a game .This is real lives in the real world.The Russians are our natural allies in the world.They too are white.They too have suffered the Muslim menace.Are you readey to defend The United States and the republic?

Wherever Western countries have tried to pressure the governments of 'developing countries' to impliment better rights for their citizens, the Chinese and Russians move in and not only take over the trade in minerals and agricultural produce, but support the repressive governments by supplying arms and training for them to continue terrorising their citizens. The strategy of shooting down civilian aircraft during the Rhodesian war was introduced by the Russians, and the training carried out in Libya, many military historians believe this was the precident for the downing of the Lockerbie aircraft and other aircraft acts of terrorism.

Latest posts