• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

This forum...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

DustDevil

Reaction score
I was afraid that this forum had been done away with as I haven't been on in awhile but I recalled seeing that you have to be logged on to get to PB. Now, as perhaps never before since our Nation's founding, has the absolute necessity of Free Speech been more apparent. We are rapidly on the way to losing our way of life, our being governed by consent, our Freedom and very quicly sliding into totalitarianism, dictatorship, communism or whatever you prefer to call it, it's the same. What are we going to do about the dictatorship we are rapidly being overtaken by ? This has been growing up around us for years, like poison ivy and it is taking us down at an accelerated pace.

If you have a conservative bone in your body, eventually you will be branded with the label rightwingernut, KKK'r, skinhead, Aryan Nation, Freemen, anarchist, Posse Comitatus, etc, etc, etc, here @ rancher's.

Considering who is doing the labeling, it's a badge of honor. Wear it with pride because you refuse to lay down with the Israel hating, Muslim loving, libtard cretins.

loomixguy said:
If you have a conservative bone in your body, eventually you will be branded with the label rightwingernut, KKK'r, skinhead, Aryan Nation, Freemen, anarchist, Posse Comitatus, etc, etc, etc, here @ rancher's.

Considering who is doing the labeling, it's a badge of honor. Wear it with pride because you refuse to lay down with the Israel hating, Muslim loving, libtard cretins.

Yes I have noticed that here in this forum especially.

I used to be afraid of being called a racist .. and for the most part,... only once or twice in my life had that ever occurred.. and and I am sure I was incredibly defensive when I responded.. just as I was the first few times after Obama appeared on the national stage...

I knew the race card was played often by sharpton and his ilks.. but it was never against me,.. nor directed right at me...

but now.. the word is meaningless.. I still see racism.. and that needs to stop,.. and given time it will diminish..

but getting called a racist for disagreeing with obama is totally meaningless at this point..

as for the rest of the groups some are wrongly associated with.. those groups all had reasons to exist.. some good some bad..

looking at the history of a group often shows good intention gone wrong.. (with the exception of skinheads)

in the past,.. many would have thrown Mormon into that list..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeman

why were towns named after the word?
United States

Freeman, South Dakota, a city
Freeman, Virginia, an unincorporated community
Freeman, Wisconsin, a town in Crawford County
Freeman, Langlade County, Wisconsin, an unincorporated community
Freeman Island, an island in the state of Washington
Freeman Spur, Illinois, a village
Freeman Township, Michigan
Freeman Township, Freeborn County, Minnesota

was it so bad back then?

here is what a Freemen is..
Black's Law Dictionary (9th edition) defines Freeman as follows:

1. A person who possesses and enjoys all the civil and political rights belonging to the people under a free government.

2. A person who is not a slave.

3. Hist. A member of a municipal corporation (a city or a borough) who possesses full civic rights, esp. the right to vote.

Oath of a freeman

Initially, all persons seeking to be free needed to take the Oath of a Freeman, in which they vowed to defend the Commonwealth and not to conspire to overthrow the government.

The Oath of a Freeman was a loyalty oath drawn up in the early 17th century, to be taken by freemen of the Plymouth Colony, in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts

I have not found a copy I could paste so if you want to see an original version of what a Freemen was.. http://www.americanantiquarian.org/proceedings/44817342.pdf

The man taking this oath swore that he was bound by the laws of the colony.

over time anyone can hijack a movement.. and make a good word seem bad.. but only if you let them...

at this point the word is just used to call folk names.. and has lost all that it originally meant.. and how being a Freeman shaped this nation...

Latest posts