• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

This Has Made My Whole Day Worthwhile!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ranchy

Reaction score
http://www.eacourier.com/articles/2006/08/08/opinion/opinion04.txt

Grazing on public lands needed in U.S.

Dear Editor:

Another condescending fool from the Center for "Biological Diversity" wants to know why we allow grazing on our public lands saying it is "ecologically inappropriate." Listen up, honey, here is the answer: to provide food for people to eat, stupid. It's not smart relying on foreign countries for our lifeblood.

This is yet more sophistry from an organization with a rather checkered past, to say the least. They have published misleading photographs and made blatantly false and libelous statements about a rancher, Jim Chilton. A Tucson jury found them (CBD officials) guilty and ordered them to pay $600,000 in damages to Mr. Chilton. Their constant barrage of lawsuits have put thousands in the logging industry out of work, made it difficult or impossible for people to build on their own land, and they are a defacto tax on all citizens as they tie up the courts and government agencies. If they want to talk about wasting money, they even collect money (for legal fees) from your federal government for suing government agencies. Who do you think pays for this?

This smug little snot-nosed city slicker calls raising cattle "ecologically inappropriate" as if she is the final arbiter of how we use our lands. The truth is that this harridan and her fellow travelers think the Earth should be given back to the owls, the squirrels and the insects and man should go back to living in caves. I suggest you go back to your doctor and tell him your medication isn't working.

Justin Salem

Pima

I just love it when someone actually sees the light, and isn't afraid to tell some idiot off!!!!!! :D

Am I right in concluding, according to historic records, that the bio mass of bison, in the 1800's far exeeded the present cattle population?
Reasearch in Africa concluded that the deterioration of our grasslands was due to Understocking, and not rotating correctly,hence the move to rotational grazing, and the inclusion of native game species in our grazing schemes. If anything, there may not be enough cattle on public land to mimmic the grazing pressure of the large bison herds of yesteryear!
What we need to get right, is the correct rotation for our particular conditions to prevent both overgrazing or undergrazing,causing moribund grass, and encroachment of woody species.
While it is tempting to ignore these city know-alls, we cannot afford to, as they are dangerous in that they know well how to manipulate the press.

RANCHY----Had a hard day at work today and your post made my day, too!!! Thank you!!
Jinglebob---I SECOND that "AMEN"!!!!

Latest posts