• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

This is bad

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
Or not. Remember Abu Ghraib? The Army hasn't. Excerpts; link below; my emphasis.

"Maj. Gen. Geoffrey D. Miller, a central figure in the U.S. detainee-abuse scandal, this week invoked his right not to incriminate himself in court-martial proceedings against two soldiers accused of using dogs to intimidate captives at the Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq, according to lawyers involved in the case.
The move by Miller -- who once supervised the U.S. detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, and helped set up operations at Abu Ghraib -- is the first time the general has indicated he might have information that could implicate him in wrongdoing, according to military lawyers.
"Miller's decision came shortly after Col. Thomas M. Pappas, the commanding officer at Abu Ghraib, accepted immunity from prosecution this week and was ordered to testify at upcoming courts-martial. Pappas, a military intelligence officer, could be asked to detail high-level policies relating to the treatment of detainees at Abu Ghraib.
He also could shed light on how abusive tactics emerged, who ordered their use, and their possible connection to officials in Washington, according to lawyers and human rights advocates who have closely followed the case. Pappas has never spoken publicly."

""This could be a big break if Pappas testifies as to why those dogs were used and who ordered the dogs to be used," said Michael Ratner, president of the Center for Constitutional Rights. "It's a steppingstone going up the chain of command, and that's positive. It might demonstrate that it wasn't just a few rotten apples."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10811147/from/RS.5/

Do you ever post you thoughts or is it just copy and paste the liberal propaganda you find on the web?

Maybe you could take a typing class or something.

BBJ said:
Do you ever post you thoughts or is it just copy and paste the liberal propaganda you find on the web?

Maybe you could take a typing class or something.

I'm a pretty good typist. Sure I post my thoughts, I just generally have some facts to back them up. I've found that it makes life a lot more fun to know what I'm talking about than just running off at the mouth like others here used to do.

My thought on this post is that the White House and the Sec of Defense knew exactly what was going on in that prison. They've stonewalled and sent a few lowly enlisted people to jail. But now a Major General is refusing to talk. This is getting pretty interesting to me. How about you?

All I can say is those bastards over there in that prison are lucky that I wasn't in charge. Wat would you have done differently to get information we needed? Appeasement doesn't work...

BBJ said:
All I can say is those bastards over there in that prison are lucky that I wasn't in charge. Wat would you have done differently to get information we needed? Appeasement doesn't work...

This is too stupid to respond to, but I'll say this: There are such things as "rules of war." There are Rules of the Geneva Convention. Torturing people in prisons violate both of those international standards. Most studies show that torture doesn't work. When a person hurts enough, they'll say whatever you want to hear to make the pain stop. We're supposed to be the liberating country, not another oppressor of Iraq! What happened in that prison showed the Iraqi people that Americans can be as bad as Saddam. Are you proud of that?

If the US doesn't follow the Geneva Convention Rules in handling of prisoners, then why should any of our enemies give any captured American soldiers the benefit of the Geneva Convention Rules?

Waiting....

Once again you avoided my question. What would you have done better.

Let me set up a scenerio here, maybe this will help you answer my question.

Your daughter is kidnapped by two people and you catch one of them, what would you do to get the information you needed about her where abouts, how far would you go. Or would you just cry and say please Mr. Kidnapper don't hurt me or my daughter I'm sorry this is my fault.

You are just a member of the blame America first crowd.

BBJ said:
Once again you avoided my question. What would you have done better.

Let me set up a scenerio here, maybe this will help you answer my question.

Your daughter is kidnapped by two people and you catch one of them, what would you do to get the information you needed about her where abouts, how far would you go. Or would you just cry and say please Mr. Kidnapper don't hurt me or my daughter I'm sorry this is my fault.

Sigh, such a shame. After all your bombastic posturing this is the best you've got, calling names? You're spinning and I won't accept that. What I would do doesn't matter. George W. Bush is president. It's his responsiblity to take care of American troops. By refusing to adhere to the Geneva Convention, he has put all our troops in future situations in danger.

And you're trying to get away from the fact that a Major General of the US Army is basically claiming the right not to incriminate himself in this investigation. That's what this thread is about: where this investigation is headed. Personally, I like where it's headed, up the chain of command.

So what your saying is that this entire war and its consequences are the responsibility of our President. I thought Congress voted and gave him the autority to go to war. If everything is a bad as you say it is then why has he not been impeached? Why hasn't a majority (A MAJORITY not a select few that hate Pesident Bush and all his actions)of people stood up for what is right and made him change. I thought we had a system of checks and balances that made no certain branch of govt. more powerful than the other?

well BBJ, not even a member one day and you figured old lady dis out....

and soon you will see the unless it agrees with me "it's a lie" attitude.....

supposing we use your system Dis, and pull ot of everywhere ...run home and hope everybody plays well together, what would your position be?

because after we do that, with in 5 to 10 years we will be fighting these religous freaks on our HOME LAND.

we are better off abusing and klling them over there than any other senario I can think of.....

let people shoot at you for a few months, and see if you are polite and cozy when you get a moment alone with one!

Steve said:
well BBJ, not even a member one day and you figured old lady dis out....

and soon you will see the unless it agrees with me "it's a lie" attitude.....

It's a lie when it's a lie, Steve. You posted a link that you claimed showed John Kerry took money from Abramoff. It showed no such thing and I called you on it. So you refused to admit you made a mistake and posted another link that said Kerry took "Abramoff-linked" cash. That still doesn't show Kerry took money from Abramoff.

Whine all you want, but the truth is the truth. Either you're lying or just dumb. Which do you prefer?

BBJ said:
So what your saying is that this entire war and its consequences are the responsibility of our President. I thought Congress voted and gave him the autority to go to war.

Are you serious? Of course this war and its consequences are the responsibility of George W. Bush! He's the Commander in Chief. He's the man who went before Congress and asked for their approval to invade Iraq. He used skewed intelligence information to get it. Now he claims "Congress saw the same intelligence that I saw" and we know that's another lie. He has several sources of intelligence that Congress never saw. They only saw what he wanted them to see.

If everything is a bad as you say it is then why has he not been impeached?

Are you for real? Because Republicans own the House of Representatives where Impeachment proceeding start.

Why hasn't a majority (A MAJORITY not a select few that hate Pesident Bush and all his actions)of people stood up for what is right and made him change.

Well, duh, how would you suggest making him change? He's the President of the United States. He apparently thinks he has the legal authority to do anything as long as he can claim to be protecting us from terrorists. And, again, Republicans are in charge of Congress.

I thought we had a system of checks and balances that made no certain branch of govt. more powerful than the other?

We'd all like to think that's true. But George W. Bush claims special powers since we're "at war" with the terrorists. He's claimed the right to wiretap Americans in their homes without a warrant because of that "war." And, again, Republicans are in charge of the government. House Republicans have been raking in millions of dollars from big business that Bush supports and lobbyiest that support big business. Why should they change anything? Tom DeLay passed out checks on the floor of the House to his pals from Abramoff! In the meantime Americans are dying in Iraq, we're borrowing billions of dollars from China, and US citizens are still living in tents on the Gulf Coast!

But you've ignored my question: after spending possibly $2Trillion on this war, thousands of human beings (including children) dead, will we be safe from terrorists?

YES!!!!!!!!YES!!!!!!!!YES!!!!!!!!YES!!!!!!!!YES!!!!!!!!YES!!!!!!!!YES!!!!!!!!YES!!!!!!!!YES!!!!!!!!

I CAN'T SAY IT ENOUGH,.YES WE WILL BE SAFE FROM TERRORIST AFTER ALL THAT. Has there been any more attacks here since we started this war???

At least you got one thing right in your previous post and it's something you and all your extreme liberal friends need to get used to. THE REPUBLICANS ARE IN POWER! My guess is that it will stay that way for some time now and in the future because of people like you. Its your type that makes the undecided folks choose to vote Republican rather than democrat. Your accusations and far out views have ruined the once powerful democrat party. After people like Ted Kennedy, Hillary Clintion, Al Gore, Joe Biden, and many many others leave the party true Democrats like Joe Liberman and some others that that for the life of me I can't remember their names right now, but the ones that have been pushed to the side of your "party" because of their views, will be able to take over again and then maybe we can have a serious election. Till then I love to hear people like you and those listed above spew and sponsor the democrat party. Ya'll are the best players on our team. Keep up the good work :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least you have something else going for you.... There are still alot of powerful dems out there right now that still think it's your group that's in power. AND YA'LL AIN'T. :wink:

Latest posts