• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

This is not a feel good post

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Cowpuncher

Reaction score
There are a lot of comments on this forum that are hoping that Trump will drain the swamp.

This is NOT going to happen - EVER!!

I owned and operated a sizable cattle ranch in Eastern Colorado for some time. I left a decent job with
a large oil company at the age of 49. I bought this ranch out of foreclosure and expanded from about
350 momma cows to 850.

At age 71, age and health issues caught up with both my wife (of 60 years) and myself. My dear wife has
been diagnosed with Alzheimers and I with ALS- Lou Gehrig's Disease. As you know, these are both terminal.
Unfortunately, they both progress slowly and we are slowly fading into eternity.

We were no longer able to cope with snow in winter in Colorado, though most winters are quite mild. Just try to shovel
snow with one arm.

Our son, recently retired from the Marine Corps after 22 years of service, asked us to move in with them here in Columbia,
Maryland and we did. We pay about as much to them as it would cost us to be an assisted living facility and it is,
for the most part quite satisfactory.

We now live about 20 miles from Washington D. C.

If I look around the area, darn near everyone here works for the government, military or a subcontractor. One next door neighbor works for the Goddard Space Center. Another is a young lady who plays in the US Army band and gets all the benefits that
go along with that. My grandson lives about a mile away and is a Captain the Marine Corps attached to the National
Security Agency.

The government influence is endemic and pervades everything. The cost of living here is very high and it seems
that everyone makes a huge salary and/or gets cost of living allowances to help out.

Traffic is tough. Places are not miles apart - they measure in minutes, not miles.

The populace here is very, very democrat. The few republicans around don't say much about anything.

Trying to drain the swamp here is like touching the third rail on a New York Subway. Any effort to constrain spending
will result in immediate rejection with a plethora of objections.

Bless Donald Trump. This loud mouth has to be the only man with gumption enough to even suggest to government
is out of control.

State and local governments pretty much operate the same way. If things are not working well, they need more money and taxes,
not a look at how things are done.

The Kavanaugh hearings this last I would submit as evidence of how futile this would be.

CP

PS There is a growing body of evidence that the use of Statin Drugs - Lipitor, Atorvastatin, Simvastatin and others -
contribute to ALS. Please discuss this with your doctor if you are on any statin drugs. They will say there is no
evidence, but there is. ALS is not curable.

So you live in the heart of the swamp and your take is that the swamp doesn't want to be drained???

In today's other breaking news, grass is green and the sky is blue.

What you fail to understand is that what is happening is the systematic destruction of the old guard with power being returned to the people.

It doesn't matter what you feel. It doesn't matter what you think. It doesn't matter what the swamp that surrounds you says.

It's not about Donald Trump, but you give away your swamp loving self by how you describe him. You actually sound scared because you know he's winning.

Real Marines are in control. Marines that haven't been compromised by the swamp.

Better buckle up.

https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2017/08/22/trump-admin-invest-nearly-500m-guantanamo-construction/

Pentagon is soliciting bids of up to $100 million to build a skeletal structure for a 13,000-migrant tent city and housing for 5,000 U.S. forces.

A U.S. SOUTHCOM spokesperson has claimed, "There are no detention facilities involved in this project." Yet the very nature of the construction project contradicts such assertions. Building sprawling concrete pads, establishing sites for tents, and installing a mass public address system are all part of the Pentagon's deal with RQ Construction. Such infrastructure can be converted overnight to a secure, fortified detention facility. Who will be housed there? Anyone deemed a threat to U.S. Empire is fair game.

https://www.newsbud.com/2018/02/23/newsbud-breaking-news-rq-construction-to-build-a-contingency-mass-migration-complex-in-guantanamo-bay/

Cowpuncher said:
There are a lot of comments on this forum that are hoping that Trump will drain the swamp.

This is NOT going to happen - EVER!!

I owned and operated a sizable cattle ranch in Eastern Colorado for some time. I left a decent job with
a large oil company at the age of 49. I bought this ranch out of foreclosure and expanded from about
350 momma cows to 850.

At age 71, age and health issues caught up with both my wife (of 60 years) and myself. My dear wife has
been diagnosed with Alzheimers and I with ALS- Lou Gehrig's Disease. As you know, these are both terminal.
Unfortunately, they both progress slowly and we are slowly fading into eternity.

We were no longer able to cope with snow in winter in Colorado, though most winters are quite mild. Just try to shovel
snow with one arm.

Our son, recently retired from the Marine Corps after 22 years of service, asked us to move in with them here in Columbia,
Maryland and we did. We pay about as much to them as it would cost us to be an assisted living facility and it is,
for the most part quite satisfactory.

We now live about 20 miles from Washington D. C.

If I look around the area, darn near everyone here works for the government, military or a subcontractor. One next door neighbor works for the Goddard Space Center. Another is a young lady who plays in the US Army band and gets all the benefits that
go along with that. My grandson lives about a mile away and is a Captain the Marine Corps attached to the National
Security Agency.

The government influence is endemic and pervades everything. The cost of living here is very high and it seems
that everyone makes a huge salary and/or gets cost of living allowances to help out.

Traffic is tough. Places are not miles apart - they measure in minutes, not miles.

The populace here is very, very democrat. The few republicans around don't say much about anything.

Trying to drain the swamp here is like touching the third rail on a New York Subway. Any effort to constrain spending
will result in immediate rejection with a plethora of objections.

Bless Donald Trump. This loud mouth has to be the only man with gumption enough to even suggest to government
is out of control.

State and local governments pretty much operate the same way. If things are not working well, they need more money and taxes,
not a look at how things are done.

The Kavanaugh hearings this last I would submit as evidence of how futile this would be.

CP

PS There is a growing body of evidence that the use of Statin Drugs - Lipitor, Atorvastatin, Simvastatin and others -
contribute to ALS. Please discuss this with your doctor if you are on any statin drugs. They will say there is no
evidence, but there is. ALS is not curable.

I remember you as a member here when you were a rancher in Colorado. I'm sorry about you and your wife's health issues. Very sad. I'm pleased you are near a loving family member and that you continue to be as active as possible. I would wish that you were in an area you were more familiar with, but we have to do, what we have to do. We are 74 and 73, respectively, and in fairly good health. Mr. FH does take a statin drug and thanks to your caution on them, I will check out the connection to ALS. What makes you so sure there is a coorelation? I would like to know.

I wonder what the ratio now is of government workers vs. private sector. I've read many times that when that ratio gets to be 51% government workers that the country would change. I guess I'm glad I'm the age we are. We have lived in the best of times. Never in my wildest dreams would I think we would be a country going through the things we are experiencing. Illegals, Muslim population, fear of Iran, etc. I think Trump is mostly a one-man band. He's doing all he can do and with so many distractions...I have so much respect for him and fear for him and his family.

FH This is a website regarding ALS and statins:https
//www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-cholesterol/expert-answers/statins/faq-20058141

I have atrial fibrilation and they put me on Simvastatin maybe 10-12 years ago. A coiuple of years later, they changed it
to Atorvastatin becuase it was a bit cheaper, I think. I took 400 mg of atorvastatin daily for 6-8 years. One day, out of the blue,
I recived a letter from Pfizer. Pfizere makes Lipitor and the generic Atorvastatin.

This letter asked if I had experienced any muscular difficulties. I had and I told them that my left arm muscles seemed to be
atrophying. I mentioned this and the letter to my primary care phsycian. She shrugged and said to stop taking it. I did stop,
but my muscles continue to atrophy and my left arm is pretty well useless. I have all 14 indicators of ALS and they progress
continually. I never heard from Pfizer again.

I expect one day to be seeing lawyer ads wanting me to participate in a class action suit against statin makers. I imagine I will be
experiencing whatever the hereafter holds for me by the time that happens. In any case, money won't fix the problem.

I think I would rather die from a heart attack or a stroke - whatever cholesterol causes.

The doctors here put my wife on atorvastatin. When I saw the Mayo study and other reports, she quit taking it. Doctors didn't seem to mind.

Now, for wannabe.

Your cynical comments are not appreciated. I don't know of anyone more unhappy with the way our country is headed.
But, I can look at facts and decide for myself what to think. If I were able, I would leave this den of wolves and go elsewhere - but
where else is better. I can darn well afford to do this, but it is what it is.

Sorry your comments were unwelcome.

CP

Cowpuncher said:
Your cynical comments are not appreciated. I don't know of anyone more unhappy with the way our country is headed.
But, I can look at facts and decide for myself what to think. If I were able, I would leave this den of wolves and go elsewhere - but
where else is better. I can darn well afford to do this, but it is what it is.

Sorry your comments were unwelcome.

CP

Your post is swamp propaganda. It's the same old thing.... "Just accept it, because you can't do anything about it."

Sounds a like a slave trader.... "just accept it, you can't escape". You are attempting to spread that state of mental slavery.

You call the only administration to do anything about this corruption of America, "a loud mouth".

My comment:
So you live in the heart of the swamp and your take is that the swamp doesn't want to be drained???

That stands. You can't twist it into something it isn't. I didn't comment that you should move or anything derogatory toward your living situation.

Your comments to dishearten and discourage the people of this land are unwelcome.

Your attempt to twist my statements into something they aren't is unwelcome.

P.S.
I won't be asking your permission post on this forum.

Low dose asprin is far safer than the statins to prevent heart attacks. Whole milk products have been proven beneficial as well.

The push for reduced fat is harmful.

https://www.dairynutrition.ca/scientific-evidence/cardiovascular-disease/cardiovascular-disease-and-milk-products-summary-of-evidence

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-02-14-reduce-your-risk-of-heart-attack-and-stroke-with-full-fat-milk.html

There is an old guy in the Sandhills that has been flying to Mexico for experimental als treatments. Not sure what treatment- he has battled als much longer than expected

Latest posts