• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

THIS IS NOT ABOUT SOME CARTOONS

Help Support Ranchers.net:

passin thru

Reaction score
Neal Boortz

THIS IS NOT ABOUT SOME CARTOONS

The publication of these cartoons of Mohammed are not the reason for the rioting and violence. They are the excuse. Islamic protesters burned down the Danish consulate in Beirut in response to those cartoons making fun of Islam. Riots are ongoing, cars are being overturned and at least one person is dead in Afghanistan. Pakistan is boycotting prescription drugs from companies based in countries where the cartoons were published.

This is absolutely insane. What we are witnessing is the ultimate conclusion to militant political correctness. Many leftists would excuse this behavior...because these Muslims are "offended." Know this: in the world of liberals, there is no greater crime known to man than offending Muslims. The more violent radical Islamists become the more the politically correct elements make excuses for them.

This religion is rapidly getting out of control. Muslims can murder 200 school children and their parents, shooting kids in the back, in Chechnya and the Muslim world hardly pauses a moment to notice. Let some draw a cartoon of their so-called "prophet" and they start burning embassies and looking for Europeans to kidnap or murder. The more our Western leaders make excuses for their behavior, the bolder they become. These Muslims torching embassies and rioting around the world are not what we might consider highly educated. They have little or no understanding of Western culture and the concept of freedom of the press is entirely beyond the grasp of most of them. They believe that anything printed in any newspaper constitutes the official opinion of that country's government.

These riots and demonstrations are not about those cartoons, they are about freedom. One protestor was seen carrying a sign that said Freedom go hell. To these Islamic jihadist criminals freedom is an enemy. A religion that says you must either convert, kill or enslave those who don't believe as you is not a religion that would embrace freedom. Whether the politically correct like it or not, this is a religion that is anathema to our way of life and the liberties we hold dear.

There was another sign being carried by these Islamic rioters. It said "Europe. Take some lessons from 9/11." I sure I don't have to explain the threat implicit in that sign. Actually, this is a good thing. I wish the Islamic radicals would wave more of those "Europe. Take some lessons from 9/11" signs. The train bombings in Spain and the subway bombings in London apparently weren't enough. Maybe these riots will convince the Euro-snobs that Islamic fanatics and their myrmidons pose as much a threat to them, perhaps more of a threat, as they do to the people of the United States.

Who knows ... maybe even some Americans will wake up. Democrats, for instance.

"Who knows ... maybe even some Americans will wake up. Democrats, for instance."

Boy, I sure hope so. I wonder what happens to Muslims when they meet their Maker? Just a comment, not wanting to start anything.

Good luck getting democrats to wake up. If 9/11 didn't do it then I'm convinced nothing will. They only wake up around election time when they need to confirm with their followers what they stand for and how they will make the lives better for the poor and stick it to the rich.

These Muslims torching embassies and rioting around the world are not what we might consider highly educated.

Actually those inciting the riots are more then likely well educated and know exactly how powerful freedom is....it threatens the very stranglehold they have on the enslaved masses.....

those same masses they are inciting to riot are just pawns in thier quest to maintain absolute power over thier people, culture, and they will use them at any cost......(except when it comes ot thier life)....

ever notice how many zealots we are stuck with?....

if they faught to thier death,.. as they preach.....why is Gitmo so full? .....why so many rumors of secret prisons?.

I heard today that most of these cartoons actually ran last September and the towel heads chose not to do anything at that time as people remembered 9/11, they just chose to wait till they thought people would be complacent. Was I lied to ?

Brit Hume from Fox News decries double standard:

Brit Hume: Muslim Cartoon Protests 'A Disgrace'
Sunday, Feb. 5, 2006

Fox News Channel "Special Report" anchorman Brit Hume said Sunday that violent demonstrations by radical Muslims protesting five-month-old cartoons depicting the Islamic prophet Mohammed betray a "howling double standard."

"This is really a disgrace," Hume told the panel on "Fox News Sunday." "And it is a disgrace because of the obvious, howling double standard involved here."

"What is striking about this is what offends these Muslims who are protesting and these imams," Hume complained. "Does the slaughter of innocent people in many parts of the world in the name of Allah offend them? Is that a sacrilege worthy of protest?

"No, not in the least," he said.

Hume noted that there has also been no outrage on the Arab street over "the kinds of slurs against Christians and against the Jewish faith that are regularly spread abroad in the Arab world by the mass media and by many of these imams themselves."

Prior to Hume's comments, "Fox News Sunday" aired a shot of the cartoon deemed most offensive by the protesters - a drawing of Mohammed wearing a turban shaped like a bomb.

CNN, on the other hand, has only broadcast images of the cartoons with Mohammed's face digitally distorted beyond recognition.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/2/5/124102.shtml?s=ic

And, as Paul Harvey says, so you don't run out of things to worry about...

Hamas Link to al-Qaida Revealed
Monday, Feb. 6, 2006

The Islamic militant group Hamas, which won a majority of seats in the recent Palestinian elections, has strong links with al-Qaida – and could open the door to a surge in terrorism against Israel.

That's the ominous warning from Dore Gold, Israel's former ambassador to the United Nations.

Writing in the Jerusalem Post, Gold points out that Hamas and al-Qaida both trace their roots to the Muslim Brotherhood, "the wellspring of all modern jihadi terrorism."

An article of the 1988 Hamas Covenant reads: "The Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) is one of the wings of Muslim Brotherhood in Palestine."

Osama bin Laden's mentor Abdullah Azzam emerged from the Jordanian Muslim Brotherhood, and bin Laden's deputy Ayman al-Zawahiri also belonged to the Muslim Brotherhood. So did Khaled Sheikh Muhammad, the al-Qaida mastermind of the 9/11 attacks.

Other links cited by Gold, author of "Hatred's Kingdom," which details the links between al-Qaida and Saudi Arabia:

• Bin Laden sent emissaries to Hamas in September 2000 and January 2001 after Yasser Arafat launched the second Palestinian intifada.

• Israel arrested three Hamas militants in 2003 after they returned from an al-Qaida training camp in Afghanistan.

• Al-Qaida Operations chief Abu Zubaydah first entered the world of terrorism through his membership in Hamas.

• According to a 2004 FBI affidavit, al-Qaida recruited Hamas members to conduct surveillance against potential targets in the U.S.

• A study by the New York-based Council on Foreign Relations revealed that Hamas leaders have often used the same methods and even the same institutions as al-Qaida to raise money to finance terrorism. Both the U.S. and the U.N. have charged that Saudi businessman Yassin Qadi funded al-Qaida and Hamas through two non-profit organizations.

• As recently as 2004, Hamas distributed a poster containing portraits of Hamas leader Ahmed Yassin with bin Laden and two leaders of the Chechen mujahideen.

"The ideological compatibility of Hamas with jihadi movements elsewhere raises the question of whether a new Hamas state in the Middle East could become a new center for global terrorism," Gold writes in the Post.

After Israel completed its pullout from Gaza, Israeli intelligence discovered that al-Qaida cells had infiltrated into Gaza from Egypt.

The Israeli Defense Forces' former chief of staff Moshe Ya'alon warned in January that Islamic volunteers from the war in Iraq might try to enter the West Bank in the future.

In fact, in the past six months al-Qaida-affiliated organizations in Lebanon, Jordan and the Sinai have moved their operations much closer to Israel's borders, according to Gold.

In a letter sent by bin Laden's deputy al-Zawahiri to insurgent leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi - intercepted by the U.S. - al-Qaida in Iraq was instructed to move into neighboring states and prepare for the "clash with Israel."

The linkage of Hamas with the al-Qaida forces of al-Zarqawi would also threaten the security of Jordan, which could provide the best springboard for foreign insurgents seeking to join the struggle with Israel, warns Gold, who concludes: "In short, the potential links between Hamas and al-Qaida not only pose a threat to Israel, but also to the stability of the region as a whole."

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/2/6/110715.shtml?s=ic

This says it all
muslim_cartoon_protests.jpg

interesting picture.......

why do they hide thier faces behind scarves?,.....their posters?,.....and children?,....

cowards.....the only one brave enough to show his face is a child?......

the same way we teach our children to hate them.

I tought my child not to hate, in fact even the use of the word was banned in our house,..because children do not understand the concept of hate,
My wife and I decided that it would not be used and it's presents not felt......

Must have worked because even to this day he articulates how he feels about something that bothers him instead of saying "I don't like it" ...

it would recieve the same treatment as any other swear word......

few things bother me more then when a spoiled child says "I hate you" to thier parent,...and the frustrated parent either lets the child have thier way or smacks them......reinforcing the childs "new found hatred"...and it ussually shows in the betrayed look of the child, because they evoked the reaction they asked for when calling on hatred.....

in the real world hatred can be seen in the eyes of those that learned it well,,,and it seldom looks differant from that of the defiant child, just older and less wise........and more disgusting......

Stevec

Really your post does not even warrant a rebuttal.

However anyone that would compare our children to these children who are calling for the mass murder of other is either
1 Stupid
2 Blinded by their hate for Bush
3 Guilty of treason

I personally could care which you are, you and your likes will be the downfall of this country.

Do not even bother in trying to defend your statement, it is indefensable.
muslim_cartoon_protests.jpg

neverforget.jpg

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

stevec, do you wonder why the whole world ignores the forumn you created-- like the plague? Because you're an idiot! You make very little sense! Your treasonous views are offensive! You are not wanted here as well!

I won't answer these ridiulous ramblings of stevec as that is all they are is ramblings

His post is funny and answers a heck of a lot. The problem is that he doesn't see it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cal said:
stevec, do you wonder why the whole world ignores the forum you created-- like the plague? Because you're an idiot! You make very little sense! Your treasonous views are offensive! You are not wanted here as well!

stevec doesn't bring much to the table. "Hey, man, is there even a table there?" :???: :?

I think he would go away quicker if nobody responded to him. Easier said than done, though. :cry:

stevec said:
Steve said:
I tought my child not to hate, in fact even the use of the word was banned in our house,..because children do not understand the concept of hate,
My wife and I decided that it would not be used and it's presents not felt......

Must have worked because even to this day he articulates how he feels about something that bothers him instead of saying "I don't like it" ...

it would recieve the same treatment as any other swear word......

few things bother me more then when a spoiled child says "I hate you" to thier parent,...and the frustrated parent either lets the child have thier way or smacks them......reinforcing the childs "new found hatred"...and it ussually shows in the betrayed look of the child, because they evoked the reaction they asked for when calling on hatred.....

in the real world hatred can be seen in the eyes of those that learned it well,,,and it seldom looks differant from that of the defiant child, just older and less wise........and more disgusting......

There is a world of difference between "not teaching hate" and "loving your enemy."

Teaching children to love those who love them isn't very hard to do.

Heck, people here can't even love me. And they don't even know me. I am just some words on a computer screen.

Having spent some time in a sand box - far from here - I have a couple of thoughts.

I am glad you have taught your child not to hate - but there are many who do teach their children to hate - and they appreciate your efforts even more than I do.

Go here and scroll down to post number 6 - I addressed it to jigs for some info and education. I address it to you as I am concerned you have your head buried in denial. If I am wrong I am straight up in my apology - but this entire continent is at risk.

http://ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7474&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

B.C.

Broke Cowboy wrote:
Having spent some time in a sand box - far from here - I have a couple of thoughts.

I am glad you have taught your child not to hate - but there are many who do teach their children to hate - and they appreciate your efforts even more than I do.

sitting off the coast of the sand box,...on a mine sweep, I never got a chance to look the enemy in the eye, but I did get to see the look of hatred in the eyes of those we were protecting......and fully understand your thoughts......

a child can not grasp that, and should not have to.....but as much as I taught him not to hate, I didn't raise him to be stupid or be walked all over....

Latest posts