• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

This is pretty sad

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
16,263
Reaction score
51
Location
northern Nebraska Sandhills
Some of you may be wondering what Judge Roy Moore has been doing since he was removed from the bench for refusing to remove the 10 Commandments from his courtroom wall. Please read the poem he wrote below.

The following is a poem written by Judge Roy Moore from Alabama. Judge Moore was sued by the ACLU for displaying the Ten Commandments in his courtroom foyer. He has been stripped of his judgeship and now they are trying to strip his right to practice law in Alabama. The judge's poem sums it up quite well.

America the Beautiful,
or so you used to be.
Land of the Pilgrims' pride;
I'm glad they'll never see.

Babies piled in dumpsters,
Abortion on demand,
Oh, sweet land of liberty;
your house is on the sand.

Our children wander aimlessly
poisoned by cocaine,
Choosing to indulge their lusts,
when God has said abstain.

From sea to shining sea,
our Nation turns away
From the teaching of God's love
and a need to always pray.

We've kept God in our temples,
how callous we have grown.
When earth is but His footstool,
and Heaven is His throne.

We've voted in a government
that's rotting at the core,
Appointing Godless Judges
who throw reason out the door,

Too soft to place a killer
in a well deserved tomb,
But brave enough to kill a baby
before he leaves the womb.

You think that God's not angry,
that our land's a moral slum?
How much longer will He wait
before His judgment comes?

How are we to face our God,
from Whom we cannot hide?
What then is left for us to do,
but stem this evil tide?

If we who are His children,
will humbly turn and pray;
Seek His holy face
and mend our evil way:

Then God will hear from Heaven
and forgive us of our sins,
He'll heal our sickly land
and those who live within.

But, America the Beautiful,
if you don't - then you will see,
A sad but Holy God
withdraw His hand from Thee.

~Judge Roy Moore

Pass this on and let's lift Judge Moore up in prayer.
He has stood firm and needs our support.

IN GOD WE TRUST
 

Been There

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 23, 2005
Messages
161
Reaction score
0
Location
Norther Nebraska Sandhills
The ACLU, like other organizations that were desperately needed, has gotten way too liberal and has gone way too far in the wrong direction, and as so, has become a real pain in the butt for decent ordinary people,
people who are just trying to mind their own business and go with what they have believed in for generations.
 

OldDog/NewTricks

Well-known member
Joined
May 24, 2005
Messages
3,443
Reaction score
0
Location
The Dam End of Silicon Valley
My Score in % ages of Other Religions Fath


1. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (100%)
2. Neo-Pagan (84%)
3. Reform Judaism (84%)
4. Unitarian Universalism (81%)
5. Liberal Quakers (81%)
6. Bahá'í Faith (78%)
7. New Thought (76%)
8. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (75%)
9. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (68%)
10. New Age (67%)
11. Mahayana Buddhism (66%)
12. Scientology (66%)
13. Secular Humanism (63%)
14. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (61%)
15. Sikhism (61%)
16. Theravada Buddhism (60%)
17. Orthodox Judaism (53%)
18. Islam (50%)
19. Orthodox Quaker (48%)
20. Taoism (48%)
21. Nontheist (47%)
22. Jainism (46%)
23. Hinduism (44%)
24. Jehovah's Witness (42%)
25. Eastern Orthodox (35%)
26. Roman Catholic (35%)
27. Seventh Day Adventist (30%)
 

OldDog/NewTricks

Well-known member
Joined
May 24, 2005
Messages
3,443
Reaction score
0
Location
The Dam End of Silicon Valley
This is the USA and one of it's beauty's is

NO STATE RELIGION!

and the Hightest Court in The Land So Rules.

The Test above shows how my Religion ties in with other Religions.
I think I can live and get along with them all with out stressing my religion. Live and Let Live

How would you feel if someother religion wanted to post their Thought's in Their Judge's Court Room.

I live by EXAMPLE and have no need to MAKE YOU BELIVE AS I DO :!:

I beleave in THE CONSTITUTION of The Unted States Of America

Do You:?:
 

Red Robin

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 23, 2005
Messages
4,377
Reaction score
1
Location
8 mi S.E. of Harrison, Ar.
OldDog/NewTricks said:
This is the USA and one of it's beauty's is

NO STATE RELIGION!

and the Hightest Court in The Land So Rules.

The Test above shows how my Religion ties in with other Religions.
I think I can live and get along with them all with out stressing my religion. Live and Let Live

How would you feel if someother religion wanted to post their Thought's in Their Judge's Court Room.

I live by EXAMPLE and have no need to MAKE YOU BELIVE AS I DO :!:

I beleave in THE CONSTITUTION of The Unted States Of America

Do You:?:
Very curious old dog. How would you feel about abortion in relation to the live and let live or the life, liberty , and the persuit of happiness. Do you still believe in the constitution or do you think that a baby isn't a human life? You liberals are exactly the cause of the trouble. You double speak.
 

OldDog/NewTricks

Well-known member
Joined
May 24, 2005
Messages
3,443
Reaction score
0
Location
The Dam End of Silicon Valley
Red Robin said:
OldDog/NewTricks said:
This is the USA and one of it's beauty's is

NO STATE RELIGION!

and the Hightest Court in The Land So Rules.

The Test above shows how my Religion ties in with other Religions.
I think I can live and get along with them all with out stressing my religion. Live and Let Live

How would you feel if someother religion wanted to post their Thought's in Their Judge's Court Room.

I live by EXAMPLE and have no need to MAKE YOU BELIVE AS I DO :!:

I beleave in THE CONSTITUTION of The Unted States Of America

Do You:?:
Very curious old dog. How would you feel about abortion in relation to the live and let live or the life, liberty , and the persuit of happiness. Do you still believe in the constitution or do you think that a baby isn't a human life? You liberals are exactly the cause of the trouble. You double speak.

Ok:!:
Your asking a Loaded Question butt I'll take the Heat and Answer It:!:

THE CONSTITUTION of The Unted States Of America Nore the BIBLE say about abortion.
In relation to the live and let live or the life, liberty , and the persuit of happiness I beleave in Choice.

My Choice May Not Be Your Choice but here again
I try to live by Example:!:
 

Red Robin

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 23, 2005
Messages
4,377
Reaction score
1
Location
8 mi S.E. of Harrison, Ar.
The constitution doesn't say anything about the separation of church and state but as a liberal, this constitution love is a new development for you...you'll eventually get around to knowing what is in it.

Of course the constitution doesn't say anything about abortion . In that era no one would have forseen the countless millions of aborted americans that we have sent on into eternity.

Yes , the Bible is very clear where it stands on the punishment of the one that causes a woman to miscarry... I wouldnt' think God would take a softer view on an abortionist executing babies.

Lastly you can live by example...aborted babies can't.
 

mp.freelance

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 3, 2005
Messages
502
Reaction score
0
Location
Oregon
OldDog/NewTricks said:
This is the USA and one of it's beauty's is

NO STATE RELIGION!

and the Hightest Court in The Land So Rules.

The Test above shows how my Religion ties in with other Religions.
I think I can live and get along with them all with out stressing my religion. Live and Let Live

How would you feel if someother religion wanted to post their Thought's in Their Judge's Court Room.

I live by EXAMPLE and have no need to MAKE YOU BELIVE AS I DO :!:

I beleave in THE CONSTITUTION of The Unted States Of America

Do You:?:

While you're entitled to your belief, the fact of the matter is our legal system is based on the Ten Commandments, whether someone likes it or not. Excising these rules from our courthouses despite their role in our legal history isn't only ridiculous, it's crass revisionism of our founding principles.

reader the second said:
Old Dog/NT - glad your link brought up an important point - unwanted and abused children ALL OVER THE WORLD. I cannot understand why those who are so anti-abortion aren't all over this issue and out adopting and otherwise saving these kids. That would be my first priority if I wanted to save the innocents. I saw a little boy on Thursday's Child last night (local news station plug for adoption) who broke my heart. Oh yes, he was black and I doubt anyone would allow me as an older, now single WHITE woman to adopt him.

This is irrelevant to the abortion issue. Millions of people around the world are starving and poor, but their lives still have meaning. It's patently obvious abortion denies life, liberty and the pursuit of habpiness, and it is basically murder legalized for social convenience. The "poor children around the world" argument is a scary one, because it implies the poor have less right to be alive than the rest of us.

BTW, many people who are opposed to abortion DO adopt children precisely for this reason.
 

SDSteve

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
136
Reaction score
0
Location
South Dakota
Roy Moore is a right-wing nut job of the same ilk as Pat Robertson and James Dobson. He is also an egomaniac that will do or say anything to get his name in the news.
 

mp.freelance

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 3, 2005
Messages
502
Reaction score
0
Location
Oregon
SDSteve said:
Roy Moore is a right-wing nut job of the same ilk as Pat Robertson and James Dobson. He is also an egomaniac that will do or say anything to get his name in the news.

Incorrect. You obviously know very little about him. I read an article about Moore in the Atlantic Monthly (hardly a bastion of the religious right) which pointed out that he has been making unpopular but principled decisions his entire life. While in the military, his strictness caused him to be so unpopular most of the enlisted men hated him. But he gained their respect because whenever someone under him had a problem, Moore invited him to settle it in the boxing ring, where he always won. Like him or not, Moore has balls and is motivated by more than political opportunity.
 

Mike

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
28,480
Reaction score
0
Location
Montgomery, Al
I have never met Roy Moore but my cousin clerked for him for a couple of years in Gadsden, Al when he was judge there.

I asked cuz what kind of guy he was and he had no negatives, said he was passionate about work and religion and was a fair man.

Roy served in the military, got out and attended law school and became a lawyer. For some strange reason he moved off to a "Kick-Boxing" school to become a pro "Kick-Boxer"? He then moved back to Al. and started lawyering again and ran for a judgeship 3 or 4 times unsuccessfully. He was later appointed by the Governor to a judges seat because of a vacancy. Shortly after is when he gained national prominence for the Ten Commandment deal in Gadsden.

Helped by the notoriety he was elected to the Alabama Supreme Court.

You know the rest.

I have questions about him only because he is a lawyer. They all stir my curiousity in a cynical sort of way. That's about all I know about Roy Moore.
 

Juan

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 15, 2005
Messages
752
Reaction score
0
Location
N.W.SD
THE ROAD TO ROE V WADE!!!!!!!!!

In Griswald V. Conn.,Justice Douglas wrote"specific guarantees in the Bill of Rights have penumbras,formed by emanastions from these guarantees,that helps give them life and substance"........From this they later reasoned that a woman had the "right" to kill her unborn child.

THe way I read the Bill of Rights is that every human being has the RIGHT TO LIFE!
 

sw

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 14, 2005
Messages
1,373
Reaction score
0
I read it Soapweed. I won't respond to their BS because they can't defend their positions, all they can do is call names and make things up to fit their positions. Right on Juan
 

Denny

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
5,624
Reaction score
0
Location
Mn usa
reader (the Second) said:
Old Dog/NT - glad your link brought up an important point - unwanted and abused children ALL OVER THE WORLD. I cannot understand why those who are so anti-abortion aren't all over this issue and out adopting and otherwise saving these kids. That would be my first priority if I wanted to save the innocents. I saw a little boy on Thursday's Child last night (local news station plug for adoption) who broke my heart. Oh yes, he was black and I doubt anyone would allow me as an older, now single WHITE woman to adopt him.


Why don't you say it like it is.

YOU ARE TOO BUSY HOBB KNOBING WITH YOUR YUPPIE FRIENDS AT YOUR YUPPIE DINNER'S ON YOUR YUPPIE VACATION'S TO ADOPT OR EVEN TRY TO ADOPT ANY CHILD RACE CREED OR COLOR.It would be inconveient is the real reason you would'ny adopt same reason your type of people condone abortion.Tell the truth it cut's into your free time and your CAREER'S you just keep worshiping the almighty Dollar$$$$$$$$.




I have WHITE friends who have 5 of their own kid's who have adopted 2 black and 1 asian child.They are short on Money Rich on Love.

Anyone who think's abortion is O.K. are very sick people you are very sick.

Don't worry about BSE You'll kill them long before that........
 

Latest posts

Top