• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

This is worth listening to

Help Support Ranchers.net:

He delivers a good message Soap. Whether you earn $500 or $5,000,000,more taxes effect us all. Since you brought up taxes, I'm going to ask a question that has been on my mind recently, and I ask that it doesn't turn into a political fight. With Obamacare now law, how will it effect ranchers and their help?

The biggest issue right now with Obamacare is the uncertainty, so the numbers I pose are just guesses, but let's say Soap hires LazyWP as a hand for $20,000 a year plus other perks. Now, the government takes $5,000 for Obamacare ontop of the income taxes LazyWP already pays, that does not leaving very much for LazyWP to live on. Are ranchers going to have to downsize because they can't pay a living wage due to increased taxes and hands needing more money just for necessities? Will they have to find "creative compensation"? Will ranching go by the wayside because ranchers can't raise/work enough cattle by themselves to turn a profit and can't expand because the rancher can't afford to pay help a living wage?

Zilly said:
He delivers a good message Soap. Whether you earn $500 or $5,000,000,more taxes effect us all. Since you brought up taxes, I'm going to ask a question that has been on my mind recently, and I ask that it doesn't turn into a political fight. With Obamacare now law, how will it effect ranchers and their help?

The biggest issue right now with Obamacare is the uncertainty, so the numbers I pose are just guesses, but let's say Soap hires LazyWP as a hand for $20,000 a year plus other perks. Now, the government takes $5,000 for Obamacare ontop of the income taxes LazyWP already pays, that does not leaving very much for LazyWP to live on. Are ranchers going to have to downsize because they can't pay a living wage due to increased taxes and hands needing more money just for necessities? Will they have to find "creative compensation"? Will ranching go by the wayside because ranchers can't raise/work enough cattle by themselves to turn a profit and can't expand because the rancher can't afford to pay help a living wage?

If I was a low income earner living in the US, I would just pay the monthly "tax" for not having Health Insurance and then just get insurance if it is needed for something, seeing as they can not turn you away for an pre-existing condition.

In fact, maybe even the higher earners will do that now. The "tax" is less than the insurance premiums.

It will no doubt raise the amount, for premiums, for those that continue to purchase insurance.

Latest posts