• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

This sucks

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rancher

Reaction score
I would like to thank all the foul mouth people that made this change come about. Now I will get more things done as the fun just went out the window. Sorry Boss for all the work you did, but it really sucks. Maybe someone someday will start a board like the old one.

rancher....i, too, liked the old board better....easy to take a quick glance at what folks were saying and scroll down and join in....this board is rather time consuming....harder to find the topics and folks i like to talk with!!! too bad a few bad apples had to make things so much more difficult for the rest of us!!!! i, too, will be getting alot more done!!!!

I think both formats have their merits. This is a good format for those who like to post pictures but it does take a bit more time to navigate through and it is not as easy to see who has posted since your last visit. Would it not be possible to set up a link to an unmoderated page under the old format for those would prefer it in conjunction with this page. I don't know if its possible or not but I'd hate to lose contact with some of the good posters on this board.

I like the idea of being able to post pictures.It's nice to see other folk's cattle, etc. I liked the old format just fine the way it was. Like Rancher said,it is too bad the minority had to screw it up for the majority. It's not like they weren't warned by the Boss, either.
Maybe once a person gets used to this format it won't be too bad.It's still pretty good entertainment.

I liked the old format, but have been on other forms similar to this. I wanna give this a try as I feel it has soime capabilities that may make this more worthwhile. The thread on early weanning is an example of where I feel this board really pays off,

rancher said:
I would like to thank all the foul mouth people that made this change come about. Now I will get more things done as the fun just went out the window. Sorry Boss for all the work you did, but it really sucks. Maybe someone someday will start a board like the old one.

Ditto Rancher now I`ll go back to "smoke signals " for communication. Not that we can`t figure this out but what in the hell was the matter with the other one.

EJ

This form of message board if fascist.

To blame people who swore occasionally for this change is ridiculous.

This change has come about because good information was openly, and very easily discussed.

There were alot of good posts that I would go back to and reference. Many I copied out on paper, because I figured something like this would come along sooner or later.

Don't blame the people who were swearing, etc. Our freedom of speech is now curtailed by the designers of this board. The continued use of this board is accepting this abuse. Not only have they stomped on our free speech; they have convinced many of you that it was someone else's fault and now you blame these people, instead of blaming who really deserves it.

I too will get more work done, as I will probably not come here in the future. Good luck and goodbye!

"To blame people who swore occasionally for this change is ridiculous. "

You will have to ask the boss on this one. SH wanted it changed for the trolls, and the foul mouth people would not shut their mouths or things would probably be the same as they were. :mad:

Maybe I am just getting old, but I don't this new change.

If you didn't like something under the old format, just close it and move on. :mad:

rancher said:
"To blame people who swore occasionally for this change is ridiculous. "

You will have to ask the boss on this one. SH wanted it changed for the trolls, and the foul mouth people would not shut their mouths or things would probably be the same as they were. :mad:

rancher- Speaking of SH- I haven't seen where he registered yet- unless he's under a new name again--or maybe he's trolling....Probably can't find a prairie dog for his avatar picture :lol:

No Haymaker either- The Canadian girls are probably pining away.... :lol:

I'll continue to read stuff here for I have learned many things of value from this group. However, the fun has been Hi-jacked, the entertainment value was washed and thrown out with the dirty words. I'll just say thanks everyone, and I don't blame the boss.
So long for now. Angus Bull

You are right. The old "joie de vivre" has been taken out of the bull session, and thrown to the distant winds. The ol' grey mare just ain't what she used to be.

SH is probably grinning from ear to ear, as this has been his greatest desire for several months. Sometimes a person needs to be careful because they just might get what they wish for.

Another reason this happened is because this is now Macon Gravlee's web page. The old format was the brain child of Jody Brown, and was a resounding success. Mr. Gravlee purchased Ranchers.Net, so now for better or for worse, it has his ideas and thoughts rather than those of Mr. Brown. It is human nature. Any time real estate changes hands, the new owner must add his personal touches. If a ranch is bought up by another rancher, have you noticed that the existing fences and buildings are never quite right? There must be changes made to reflect the personality and management skills of the new owner. Like a lady that moves to a new house, they must "knock out a wall here" and "put in a new window there". The only thing certain is that status quo will not remain.

I consider myself progressive, and try not to be against changes for the better. I do tend to drag my heels in the dirt at change just for the sake of change. If something ain't broke, for heck's sake, don't try to fix it. The bull session on Ranchers.Net sure wasn't broke and it sure didn't need fixing. It will just not be as fun and free-feeling as it used to be. It's just like everything else in these modern times--too many rules and regulations, and way too much bureaucracy Like all good things in life, a few ruin it for the many.

It feels just like after a funeral.
Except, in this case,
Macon could, it he were so inclined,
actually RESURRECT the dead real Ranchersnet!

And all of us would be happy again.

A lot of us are in that same age group and are really capable of change. But still can`t quite find any good reason other than the new boss is from a different Geographic location.
Leaning on th hood of a pickup or on a fence post isn`t to bad a deal once in a while too.

What? this sounds like a bunch of farmers, not the crew at ranchers .net. It wasn't the software that made the place special it was the people. It seems to work faster then the old site on my dial up and I think it will be just like a new colt , the more you ride it the better it will handle.

Big Muddy rancher

nr, I appreciate your analogy. It is very pertinent. The Old Bull Session was like a friend, and its departure is like a funeral. I have been "in mourning" since it has been gone.

Censorship was not an option on the old Ranchers and I hope that principal still holds true. That is what made it unique from other sites and that will be what kills this one if it is changed.

If the intent of this new and improved format is supposed to eliminate anonymous posters and foul language why are "guests" allowed to post and what is stopping them form using profanity? I have to laugh when I think of some of the posts about profanity and "kids" reading it. Those kids are too busy playing X-Box or games on the computer, they are sure not on Ranchers.net reading about BSE and Cool. I agree with the above post that it is the PEOPLE that make this site not the format or design.

Wow, this is my first time back in a few days and it don't feel good.Will try to get used to it or just drift on, we'll see.

Alright you guys, this is better for us, we don't have to click back and forth with the dial up, we can scroll down through all the replys and so far I have not had to even look at Nebruskers or SH's BS. There are still going to be some really good stuff on here, including your jokes, that make my day. Roll with the flow.
sw

Latest posts