• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

THOUGHTS ON WIND ENERGY by Steve Moreland, June 12, 2016

Help Support Ranchers.net:

PPRM said:
Mike said:
I've seen many of the rivers in the Northwest. They'd be called creeks here.

;-}.... Argument with people I have never met on the internet ;-}

All of our rivers in North America are creeks compared to other places in the world Mike. If I'm not mistaken the biggest river (by flow) in North America is the St. Lawrence.
What are the big creeks you are so proud of down there besides the Mississippi?

Alabama, Coosa, Chattahoochee, Tennessee, Tombigbee, Tallapoosa, Warrior..............just a few right here in Alabama.

Big barges, BIG BARGES, can enter in Mobile, Alabama and go all the way up to prolly Canada. Yep, we got creeks bigger than most of your rivers..........

We're well blessed with water.

Most navigable rivers and canals in the United States are in the eastern half of the country, where the terrain is flatter and the climate is wetter. The Mississippi River System, including the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway (GIWW) connects Gulf Coast ports, such as Mobile, New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Houston, and Corpus Christi, with major inland ports, including Memphis, Kansas City, St. Louis, Chicago, St. Paul, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh. The Lower Mississippi River from Baton Rouge to the Gulf of Mexico allows ocean shipping to connect with the barge traffic, thereby making this segment vital to both the domestic and foreign trade of the United States. The Mississippi River System is connected to the Illinois Waterway, which continues to the Great Lakes Waterway and then to the Saint Lawrence Seaway. Many other eastern rivers are navigable as well, including the Potomac, the Hudson, and the Atchafalaya Rivers, which are all dredged by the Army Corps of Engineers.

Those are very impressive rivers Mike. Can't seem to find them on a list of North America's largest rivers,but if you say they dwarf our rivers then that must be the case.

Latest posts