• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ticks

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

The ticks are really bad this spring around here...Every night we are picking 10-20 ticks off each dog...We have used the flea and tick collars- and some of the drops on the skin- that don't seem to help...

Has anyone found anything that has worked good for them?

We use Frontline Plus on the dogs, backed up with Permectrin II spray at times. The horses have been getting sprayed with Endure. Haven't had an attached tick on the dogs in quite some time, but the horses, are an on going battle.

Thanks... The neighbors said they have been using Zonk It and its working well for them.. I have some I've used before on the horses and will try that...If that doesn't work I think we will try some Garlic..

Flea & tick powder, really works. We went on a trail ride in Coe Park many years ago, at the end of the day we were covered with ticks, so were the horses! We all got a liberal dosing with I think it was "sevin dust" by Ortho. Read the label there are 2 strengths, use the one that reads safe for dog and cats.

Ticks fell off dead with their head on in just minutes!!

I learned something new this week...Neighbors dog got Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever from a tick bite... While I was aware that people could get it- I was unaware dogs and other animals could too...

After several days in the doggy hospital getting several hundred $ of care and transfusions Taz is home with his family doing quite well..

Bout the only thing I can say good for fire ants, they kill the ticks out.
Course the damned things are worse than ticks.
good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Bout the only thing I can say good for fire ants, they kill the ticks out.
Course the damned things are worse than ticks.
good luck

I suppose the nest thing you are gonna tell me is that rats eat fire ants, and your horse farts rats. :p :) Sorry, I doubt I will ever get that image out of my brain.

Latest posts