• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

To bad there wasn't a cure for STUPID...............

Help Support Ranchers.net:

CattleRMe

Reaction score
Brutal Gay Bashing Sparked By Suspected Butt Touch Documents Show
August 15, 2006 - 1:00 pm ET

(Santa Fe, New Mexico) The kidnapping and repeated beating of a gay Santa Fe man to "scare him straight" was sparked by the belief he had touched the behind of one of the accused assailants court documents show.

William York, 21, Leroy Segura, 19, and two minors - a boy and a girl - are charged with kidnapping, aggravated battery causing great bodily injury, false imprisonment and conspiracy.

The 18-year old victim and a female friend - their names have not been released for their own security - had gone to a party at a local home but when they tried to leave the four became verbally abusive. When they managed to get outside the group jumped them.

They were held and the gay man was beaten by the suspects who said that they were going to beat him straight. The beatings continued throughout the night and into the next morning.

The victim suffered bleeding on the brain and a concussion as well as facial lacerations and bruising. He has since been released from an area hospital.

A statement of probable cause, filed by the prosecutor in state District Court says York told police that he was told by Segura that the victim had tried to grab his butt.

York said he had not felt a grope but was upset by what Segura had told him.

The statement also says York told police that everyone at the party was making fun of the 18-year-old man because he was gay and that he wanted to "scare [him] to make him straight and to get him to stop acting the way he was.''

The statement goes on to quote from an interview given to police by the minor male in the case where the youth said he, York and Segura tied down the victim, placed a torn T-shirt over his face, dragged him to a deserted field and began beating him.

The juvenile allegedly told police that he egged on York by using Spanish homophobic slurs.

Whether this guy was gay has no bearing on this case as far as I am concerned. Were they wrong in beating him..........yes and should face the full punishment of the law.

You never beat someone because you love them. you don't kill someone because you love them. A crime is a crime is a crime. No need for special classifications. If they want to do that than they might as well classify Black on white crime as "hate" crimes or any crimes outside your socio/ethinc./religious.ecomonic /geographical.favorite color as a hate crime.

Red Robin said:
CattleRMe said:
It's a hate crime and I agree a beating is a beating and they should be punished.
Can you qualify what the criteria of a hate crime is or should be????
Pretty much anyone that is assaulted with the exemption of heterosexual, caucasion, males.

I've been thinking about the dead baby in the other post and this post. Is having an abortion a hate crime?

IL Rancher said:
You never beat someone because you love them. you don't kill someone because you love them. A crime is a crime is a crime. No need for special classifications. If they want to do that than they might as well classify Black on white crime as "hate" crimes or any crimes outside your socio/ethinc./religious.ecomonic /geographical.favorite color as a hate crime.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
well said!!! I could not agree more!!! hate crimes seem only to apply to minority groups......what about BLACK ON WHITE?? What if a heterosexual were attacked by a homosexual??? Would they also qualify as "hate crimes"?? A crime is a crime....PERIOD!! They should all be treated equally and justly!!! :!:

Cal said:
Red Robin said:
CattleRMe said:
It's a hate crime and I agree a beating is a beating and they should be punished.
Pretty much anyone that is assaulted with the exemption of heterosexual, caucasion, males.

You see thats just it. You want to give everybody except guys like me more protection under the law. In other words make me a second class citizen.

Red Robin said:
CattleRMe said:

Seeking a definition

The dictionary defines a hate crime as "any of various crimes... when motivated by hostility to the victim as a member of a group (as one based on color, creed, gender, or sexual orientation)." But the term doesn't always carry a commonly understood meaning.

In the on-line magazine Slate, Eve Gerber writes, "The definition of a hate crime varies. Twenty-one states include mental and physical disability in their lists. Twenty-two states include sexual orientation. Three states and the District of Columbia impose tougher penalties for crimes based on political affiliation."

Plus just common sense gave me the definiton that it was a hate crime.

CattleRMe said:
Red Robin said:
CattleRMe said:

Seeking a definition

The dictionary defines a hate crime as "any of various crimes... when motivated by hostility to the victim as a member of a group (as one based on color, creed, gender, or sexual orientation)." But the term doesn't always carry a commonly understood meaning.

In the on-line magazine Slate, Eve Gerber writes, "The definition of a hate crime varies. Twenty-one states include mental and physical disability in their lists. Twenty-two states include sexual orientation. Three states and the District of Columbia impose tougher penalties for crimes based on political affiliation."

Plus just common sense gave me the definiton that it was a hate crime.

The liberals brought out hate crimes up here years ago to. As far as I know its only ever used on heterosexual, caucasion, males. Apparently heterosexual, caucasion, males like me are the route of all evil.
Haha If the police ever have reason to charge me im going to claim that im a bi sexual liberal with french heritage.

There are all kind of crimes but this kid was beat because he was gay. no other reason. No different than blacks beating a white because he is white or whatever. I have been into a fight or 2 in my time and have won a few and lost a few. never got into one because i was white, cathlolic have brown hair or was not in the right financial situation, Usually because of something that was said, or maybe i was going out with their old girlfriend or whateverwhatever. Hate crimes are different because they are fueled by predjeduce (misspelld)

Do you know how many times whitey is jumped in a black neighborhood for the simple fact that he is white? There were areas in chicago that my black friends could go with no problem than I would have had to be nuts to walk through after dark? Why? Because I am white. Guess what, those black vs white crimes are never treated as hate crimes and that is just what they are by your defininition. Inforce the laws that are already there, we have planty of them. We don't need special protection for anyone. I don't care if you beat someone up because they are gay, the rammed your car on accident or tehy were hitting on your girlfriend. It doesn't matter, each crime should be treated the same, you know Equal protection under the law, not special treatment for every minority.special interest group in the world.. What a crock,

i agree 100%. it should be looked at however, i dont care if its because your gay, white or catholic, if someone is attacked only because they are different, thats pure hatred.................its too bad whitey cant claim that. i wonder if it has ever been tried?

heck, watch some of the black comics on TV....white man would never be able to get by with some of that crap..........

Seems to me some want to not only punish the crime but the thought

Oh well they get to show everyone how caring they are. I find it really neat that since they want hate crimes that they are more caring

Southdakotahunter, no we do not agree 100% as I believe their is not such thing as a hate crime and crimes should not be classified as hate or non hate. 1st degree murder is 1st degree murder. Assault is assault.. A mugging is a mugging a beating is a beating, an arson is an arson. I can't make it any clearer, we do not need special classes of laws.. All we need to do is enforce the laws that have been on the books for 100 years. This is like when someone runs around and shooots people with a gun illegal obtained and the gun control freaks call for more laws. Why? The current laws already were broken, just going to make more to break? This country's laws are far to complex and involved and we would be a lot better of with less laws that were all enforced instead of more laws that are no enforced.

Latest posts