• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Today

Help Support Ranchers.net:

katrina

Reaction score
Today I helped my oldest son get ready to help a neighbor.Our neighbor was born 100 years to late. Nothing fancy with his horses or his gear. But he is a cowboy in the truest form. The real mccoy. He always wears his felt cowboy hat tattered and worn even in the coldest of weather. He just ties his silk scarf around his head over his ears hat and all. It'll be Bob and six kids, the oldest two fourteen. And they will get the job done. He says he would rather have kids help.I've seen him take a bunch of steers over twenty miles with these same bunch of kids. Bob is the only guy I trust with out either me or my hubby along.
My son is taking the pickup my horse trailier and his horse and stay overnight and help gather and move cattle. I'm not sure how I will feel when he pulls out of the driveway. I'm not used to being left at home. This is creeping me out.

It's a little scarey when they try out their wings the first few times, ain't it?

Sounds like a good feller. If a young person will just follow a good handf around and keep quiet and watch, there are worlds of things they can learn.

Latest posts