• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Today's Collection of Photos

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
16,256
Reaction score
41
Location
northern Nebraska Sandhills
Don't mean to bore you folks, but here are some more Cherry County photographs.

ContentmentontheRange.jpg

Contentment on the Range
HotDayintheSandhills.jpg

Hot Day in the Sandhills
MoreCattle.jpg

More Cattle
TheRakeOutfit.jpg

The Rake Outfit
RakerSupreme.jpg

Raker Supreme
CattleCoolingOff.jpg

Cattle Cooling Off
KidCoolingOff.jpg

Kid Cooling Off
GoodBuckintheVelvet.jpg

Good Buck in the Velvet
HotStuff.jpg

Hot Stuff
SaddletrampsBackYard.jpg

Saddletramp's Back Yard
 

Denny

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
5,624
Reaction score
0
Location
Mn usa
sure like your photo's its like taking a little trip everytime you post.I got one of those cameras will have to try it out.
 

Jessie

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 14, 2005
Messages
116
Reaction score
0
Location
Manitoba
Love the pics......ditto on what denny said. It's like taking a little trip.
Thanks for sharing. I would post some pics but all you'd see is freaking water :(
 

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
11,308
Reaction score
0
Location
South East Texas
Well since I dont know how to post pictures I do have a website that has a few of my photos on it..I'm gonna try puttin' the link on here. When you get to the page there's a small box on the right hand lower corner by the photo album that will allow you to make them full page..takes a bit to load the pics but the it'll show as a slide show.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/thejerseylilly2000/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c01_blogpart=myspace&_c02_owner=1&_c=blogpart

if it works let me know..if not let me know I'll delete this message
 

Tully

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 17, 2005
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Location
AUSTRALIA
G'Day soapweed great photos, just an observation ,there seems to be a shortage of shade is this a problem as we all know where those bovines like to head in the heat of the day?
Regards
Tully
Australia
 

Rowdy Ranch

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
273
Reaction score
0
Location
KS
Soapweed -THANKS for the pictures! Don't really know how one could tire of that wonderful scenery. THis year look as if our trip up that way will be lots prettier than than the past couple of years when it was so dry. Sure am thankful your area has received rain.
 

nr

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
3,136
Reaction score
0
Location
DE
the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Well since I dont know how to post pictures I do have a website that has a few of my photos on it..I'm gonna try puttin' the link on here. When you get to the page there's a small box on the right hand lower corner by the photo album that will allow you to make them full page..takes a bit to load the pics but the it'll show as a slide show.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/thejerseylilly2000/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c01_blogpart=myspace&_c02_owner=1&_c=blogpart

loit works let me know..if not let me know I'll delete this message

Beautiful photos, jersey lilly! Who are in the antique photo? Says "IndTer" down in the corner- is that Indiana Territory or Indian Territory or neither?
thank you and Soapweed for showing us so much sky!
 

Mike

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
28,480
Reaction score
0
Location
Montgomery, Al
the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Well since I dont know how to post pictures I do have a website that has a few of my photos on it..I'm gonna try puttin' the link on here. When you get to the page there's a small box on the right hand lower corner by the photo album that will allow you to make them full page..takes a bit to load the pics but the it'll show as a slide show.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/thejerseylilly2000/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c01_blogpart=myspace&_c02_owner=1&_c=blogpart

if it works let me know..if not let me know I'll delete this message

Lilly, You are quite a photographer. Enjoyed!
 

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
11,308
Reaction score
0
Location
South East Texas
nr,
The Old Photo is one of my great grandparents and thier first four kids, smallest one being my grandad. Yes Indian Territory Oklahoma is where they lived at the time. My brother called wanting pictures to do somethin for our family reunion comin up. The first pic shows how scratched up the old pic was, (someone along the way didn't take too good of care of it) but I took a pic of it with my digital camera then put it into my photo program and repaired all the scratches (took me 4 hours !!!) But well worth the time invested cuz now it has no scratches.

Mike, Thanks dont now if I'd qualify as being called a photographer but I do like takin pictures. Carry it with me ever where I go..right time right place kinda thing. Digital makes it sooo easy.

Thanks for lettin me know that the link worked too.
 

Radar

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
125
Reaction score
0
Dang Soapweed, those pictures just make me plain homesick :? .


But they are some really nice pictures, keep em coming please :D
 

Mike

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
28,480
Reaction score
0
Location
Montgomery, Al
the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
nr,
The Old Photo is one of my great grandparents and thier first four kids, smallest one being my grandad. Yes Indian Territory Oklahoma is where they lived at the time. My brother called wanting pictures to do somethin for our family reunion comin up. The first pic shows how scratched up the old pic was, (someone along the way didn't take too good of care of it) but I took a pic of it with my digital camera then put it into my photo program and repaired all the scratches (took me 4 hours !!!) But well worth the time invested cuz now it has no scratches.

Mike, Thanks dont now if I'd qualify as being called a photographer but I do like takin pictures. Carry it with me ever where I go..right time right place kinda thing. Digital makes it sooo easy.

Thanks for lettin me know that the link worked too.

I did the same thing (restored) and old pic of my dads family. Was fun. Still haven't got Adobe Photoshop down though, it's an awesome program.
Thanks again!
 

George

Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2005
Messages
2,344
Reaction score
0
Location
Indiana
Loved the photos - - - I am not very computer literate :( - - - I will see if Katie can figure it out and get some pictures of the farm :D - - - We have TREES If she can make it work I'll show second calf hiefers that averaged 1540# - - - they are taller than the 1720# four year old Angus we are using on them :!: :lol:
 

TimH

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
1,421
Reaction score
0
Location
Southwest Manitoba
Soapweed, Thanks for posting the pictures! They are far from "boring". I love to see other parts of the world but can't afford to travel. Your pictures are the next best thing. :)

PS. Would that be "raker" or "rakist"?? :???: :lol:
 

Soapweed

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
16,256
Reaction score
41
Location
northern Nebraska Sandhills
TimH: "Would that be 'raker' or 'rakist'??"

Not sure. He's just the feller who drives the tractor that pulls the rake, but he's pretty good at it. :wink: And sometimes he wears his hat at a "rakish" angle. :)
 

nr

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
3,136
Reaction score
0
Location
DE
the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
nr,
The Old Photo is one of my great grandparents and thier first four kids, smallest one being my grandad. Yes Indian Territory Oklahoma is where they lived at the time. My brother called wanting pictures to do somethin for our family reunion comin up. The first pic shows how scratched up the old pic was, (someone along the way didn't take too good of care of it) but I took a pic of it with my digital camera then put it into my photo program and repaired all the scratches (took me 4 hours !!!) But well worth the time invested cuz now it has no scratches.
.
Wouldn't those great grandparents be flabbergasted if they knew how their photo would be repaired!! Grandma probably wonders while you were at it you didn't make her look younger :?
 

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
11,308
Reaction score
0
Location
South East Texas
Great granny was young in that pic..haha but I have a few where she's not so young anymore.

I've gotta question..does anyone know why people didnt smile in photos back then? I've always wondered. It almost looks like they were scared, or somethin'
 

Maple Leaf Angus

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
1,823
Reaction score
0
Location
Southern Ontario
the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
I've gotta question..does anyone know why people didnt smile in photos back then? I've always wondered. It almost looks like they were scared, or somethin'

Maybe they knew something we don't. :lol:
 

Latest posts

Top