• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Todd County Roads

Help Support Ranchers.net:

katrina

Reaction score

Okay our roads have gone from bad to worse.. I drive these roads four times a day. And I have contacted our representatives for our area and they are trying to help. But it doesn't look like we will get gravel that we badly need... What I'm wondering if any you have any ideas on actions we can take.. All you that have worse roads than me I don't want to hear it.. I want solutions I can take..

Thanks

We bribe them here. Just get a group of people to donate a few hundred dollars each and deliver it to your County Commisioners office in a plain white envelope.

He will get right on it the next day if the amount you give him is substancial.

I have found that the older a politician is, the less money it takes and vice versa.

Enjoy your new road. :wink:

We offered to do it and they wouldn't even consider it... All we wanted was some fuel money... We are the 5th poorest county only 38% pay taxes and most in my area pay taxes yet we see no improvement.. They think becuase we own land that we don't need roads.. :mad: I couldn't get our boy to school last year because of the roads.. Maybe I need to run for county commisioner!!

Offering to do the work plus asking for fuel money is the wrong approach.

Tell him you'll pay his brother/cousin/whatever to do the work and furnish HIS fuel will get you farther.

and consider home schooling.............................

katrina said:
We offered to do it and they wouldn't even consider it... All we wanted was some fuel money... We are the 5th poorest county only 38% pay taxes and most in my area pay taxes yet we see no improvement.. They think becuase we own land that we don't need roads.. :mad: I couldn't get our boy to school last year because of the roads.. Maybe I need to run for county commisioner!!

running for commissioner is a way to get their attention.. and it might get the roads looked at..

it is really easy to do.. get the form,.. get the required signatures..

have everyone call the commissioners in office and ask for the roads to be fixed.. and have them finish the conversation with.. well you lost my support, I'll be supporting Katrina..

and by the time you drop off the paperwork, they will be addressing the road situation..

if not.. go to meetings and ask tough questions.. write editorials

or get a better 4X4..

but remember if you actually run, and win the roads will not be your only problem.

katrina said:

Okay our roads have gone from bad to worse.. I drive these roads four times a day. And I have contacted our representatives for our area and they are trying to help. But it doesn't look like we will get gravel that we badly need... What I'm wondering if any you have any ideas on actions we can take.. All you that have worse roads than me I don't want to hear it.. I want solutions I can take..

Thanks

Changing to a commissioner that is of a different political leaning might help.
There is no money in my county to fix anything Republicans have taken over. Taxes have been raised but still no money. All employees get 10 percent raises each year and all of the health insurance paid for.

Latest posts