• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Top Security Clearance rules

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tam

Reaction score
There was a guy on FOX the other day talking about the security leaks coming out of the White House and he said that to get a Top Security Clearance they study your past and if you have a history of illegal drug use you don't get one. So my question is how did Obama get his and should he have one after he admitted in his own book that he did illegal drugs in High School and College? Where are the rules when it comes to this incompetent narisisstic jerk?

the drug use is not an exclusion... and there are different levels/types of clearances beyond the so called "top" secret.. that is commonly and somewhat mistakenly refereed to as the highest level of clearances

I really can't even discuss the nature of the clearances or what is involved..
but others have commented on the subject publicly http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classified_information_in_the_United_States

but I can say.. as a person who honestly answered the questions.. past drug use is not a reason that is solely used to exclude a person from a position of responsibility., even the highest levels of clearances..

as for blOwbama he is given his trust of Office by the people.. and has the unique authority to not only classify but to disclose any information he sees fit.. whether we agree or not..

disclosing secrets shows a lack of character and inability to hold the trust given.. while he may hold the position and still have access by nature of the office, he may simply lose the public trust..

So what you are saying the guy on TV the other day that had a top secret clearance was wrong when he said if they had found illegal drugs use in his past he would never had got his clearance?

Under federal law (Section 3002 of 50 U.S.C. 435b) a current user of illegal drugs can not be granted a security clearance. Using illegal drugs a few months prior to submitting a clearance application form can be considered current use. Past drug abuse is evaluated based on:

Which drugs were used.
Frequency of drug use.
Recency of drug use.
Circumstances of drug use.
Effects of drug use (i.e. mental health, employment, finances, arrests).

Seems if you were enthusiastically drinking booze, smoking weed and using cocaine while skipping out on classes in both High School and College and claim to have done it because of Stress, you should not be put in a job with high levels of stress and trusted that you will not resort back to your old ways of handling Stress. :roll:

Tam said:
So what you are saying the guy on TV the other day that had a top secret clearance was wrong when he said if they had found illegal drugs use in his past he would never had got his clearance?

Under federal law (Section 3002 of 50 U.S.C. 435b) a current user of illegal drugs can not be granted a security clearance. Using illegal drugs a few months prior to submitting a clearance application form can be considered current use. Past drug abuse is evaluated based on:

Which drugs were used.
Frequency of drug use.
Recency of drug use.
Circumstances of drug use.
Effects of drug use (i.e. mental health, employment, finances, arrests).

Seems if you were enthusiastically drinking booze, smoking weed and using cocaine while skipping out on classes in both High School and College and claim to have done it because of Stress, you should not be put in a job with high levels of stress and trusted that you will not resort back to your old ways of handling Stress. :roll:

if you read the statue it clearly says current verses past.. the guy on TV is wrong

as for Obama I wouldn't trust him... he was never in a position to take any responsibility.. and that more then likely has more to do with his inability to lead and be in charge of our national security then some people's drug use..

Since your drug use is EVALUATED I'm guessing the process is different for some over others. Just look at the time the left spent digging to find any evidence on Bush using drugs but totally ignored Obama's own admission to drug use in his own book. :roll:

Tam said:
Since your drug use is EVALUATED I'm guessing the process is different for some over others. Just look at the time the left spent digging to find any evidence on Bush using drugs but totally ignored Obama's own admission to drug use in his own book. :roll:

it is not exactly a process open to the public... :shock: :lol:

thankfully the media is not in charge of national security... cause those idiots would (and do) get good people killed...

the leak issue is an obvious reason we have classifications and clearances... but the fact remains most leaks do not come from those in the military or other front-line departments.. most leaks come from politicians and political appointees.. who do not have to stand up to the actual scrutiny of an evaluation or investigation.. and in many cases would not get the level of clearances some politicians and political appointees hold..

Latest posts