• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Toyota says Rednecks are too stupid to build cars

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tell me a little bit about how you feelthe Muslim Terrorist threat is different than the Nazi threat was 65 years ago. The fact that Japan attacked and that you took on Germany brings a striking parallel to having Afghanistan attack and taking on Iraq. Are you saying that the US shouldn't have gone against the Germans in WWII. Remember that you are the one that said we should be looking at history. If you think that the Muslim Terrorist threat is limited to one or two countries you are wrong. The Muslims are flooding into Iraq to fight the US. As I said, better over there than over here.

SASH said:
Tell me a little bit about how you feelthe Muslim Terrorist threat is different than the Nazi threat was 65 years ago. The fact that Japan attacked and that you took on Germany brings a striking parallel to having Afghanistan attack and taking on Iraq. Are you saying that the US shouldn't have gone against the Germans in WWII. Remember that you are the one that said we should be looking at history. If you think that the Muslim Terrorist threat is limited to one or two countries you are wrong. The Muslims are flooding into Iraq to fight the US. As I said, better over there than over here.

No, it's not the same thing. Germany, Japan and Italy had signed a pact. The enemy of one was the enemy of all. Osama Bin Laden hated Saddam. Saddam was/is not an Islamic Fundamentalist. Though the Sunnis were in charge, Saddam ran a secular country. Women went to school, were allowed to work, even hold jobs with the government, for example. That's totally against Bin Laden's version of Islam. Bin Laden thought Saddam should be doing more to promote Islam. Obviously now that Saddam is gone, the Islamic Fundamentalist have hit the ground running and trying to establish a country more to Bin Laden's philosophy.

I think you are missing the point. This war isn't about any one country. It is a war against the Muslim terrorists wherever they reside. Apparently there are lots of terrorists in Iraq judging by the amount of suicide bombers. Better to fight them over there than over here.

SASH said:
I think you are missing the point. This war isn't about any one country. It is a war against the Muslim terrorists wherever they reside. Apparently there are lots of terrorists in Iraq judging by the amount of suicide bombers. Better to fight them over there than over here.

No, you're missing the point. George W. Bush took this country into Iraq because he claimed Saddam had WMDs. Read the "Commentary" post. When we invaded Iraq there were just as many terrorist training camps in New Jersey as in Iraq: one (1). And it was in the Kurdish region that the US was protecting with a no fly zone. Saddam was not a terrorist. He was a cruel dictator, but not a terrorist. He held on to his power by brute force and wouldn't allow an organization that might become popular with his people to take root in his country. He couldn't afford to. Bin Laden hated Saddam because Saddam ran a secular country and didn't push extremism. But there are now terrorist camps in Iraq. Experts say they come to Iraq for training and are returning to their home countries all over the world to start blowing up stuff. So it's going to get worse.

The Bush Bunch ignored professional military leaders who said they needed several hundred thousand troops to go into Iraq. They chose, instead, to go in "light", fewer troops, little, if any armor. They didn't send enough troops to secure the borders or munition dumps. Terrorist from all over the middle east have been coming into the country at will and killing virtually at will.

Colin Powell told Bush "you break it, you own it." Personally, I think that went right over Bush's head, but in case you don't understand: He meant if we went into Iraq and destroyed their government, police forces, security forces, it was our responsibility to provide security in their place. We've failed miserably at that because we don't have enough troops.

This war was badly planned, well executed (Tommy Franks is a more than competent General), and has gone to hell in a handbasket ever since Bush announced "Mission Accomplished". The War College produced a paper that said we'd have about a year after the end of the fighting to make the Iraqi people's lives better than under Saddam. But Bush refused to let other countries step in and help. He wanted to keep the "benefits" of rebuilding Iraq for his pals. The year came and went and things are getting worse. Read the BBC article that I just posted. The State Department worked up an extensive plan for reconstruction of Iraq, but the Bush Bunch trashed it. You know, Colin Powell was not one of the Bush Bunch so he and State were pretty much ignored in this mess.

Latest posts