• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Trayvon's autopsy shows drugs in his system.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
Not much of a surprise here.

(CNN) -- Trayvon Martin had traces of drugs in his system when he was fatally shot earlier this year by George Zimmerman in Sanford, Florida, according to autopsy results released Thursday.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/17/justice/florida-teen-shooting/?hpt=hp_t1

flounder, any comments?

When marijuana is used it can cause fear, anxiety, panic or paranoia, which can result in an aggressive outburst. For most people, however, once the effects of the drug wear off, their behaviour gradually improves.

Studies show that violence can occur more often among people who use marijuana regularly, rather than those who use it occasionally or not at all

Research also shows that marijuana users who commit violent acts usually have a history of violence before they start using the drug.

In addition, when people are withdrawing from marijuana they can be irritable, which can lead to abusive or aggressive behaviour.

Why do people become abusive or aggressive?

Using marijuana can produce strange behaviour and reactions in people when they are intoxicated. These reactions can be similar to psychosis and paranoia and because of this, marijuana users may experience the following:

confusion – they misunderstand what is going on or what someone has said or done
feeling threatened or frightened
paranoia – they hear voices or think that people are out to get them

When people stop using marijuana they may experience a variety of withdrawal symptoms including:

sleep disturbance
irritability
loss of appetite
nervousness
anxiety
restlessness
sweating

Experiencing any of these symptoms can make a person angry, which is an emotional response to feeling threatened or frustrated. Anger ranges from mild irritation to violent rage. Some people can express their anger in a controlled and constructive way while others lash out in an aggressive, uncontrolled way, either immediately or letting their feelings build up. This can lead to intimidating, violent or bullying behaviour, endangering them, other people and property.
http://adai.washington.edu/marijuana/factsheets/aggression.htm

Yale University researchers have shown that active ingredient in marijuana can cause transient schizophrenia-like symptoms ranging from suspiciousness and delusions to impairments in memory and attention in some patients.

The researchers administered various doses of delta-9-THC, the main active ingredient in marijuana, to subjects who were screened for any vulnerability to schizophrenia. Some subjects developed temporary symptoms similar to those of schizophrenia, usually lasting one half hour to one hour.

The symptoms included suspiciousness, unusual thoughts, paranoia, thought disorder, blunted affect, reduced spontaneity, reduced interaction with the interviewer, and problems with memory and attention.

A somewhat more surprising finding was increased levels of the stress hormone cortisol.

and munchies.. so if you are stoned.. avoid anyone who might shoot you... or get the jump on them first.. cause they might take your skittles.. and cotten-mouth.. so get some tea to.. before the guy in the truck sees you.. run home.. and cut through the yards and put your hoodie up.. cause if you can't see him,.. he can't see you...

acting suspicious... probably.. stoned.. probably.. still a tragedy.. and drug use causes plenty of grief.. but it is always easier to blame others,..

Steve, being the innocent 14 yr. old, 5' 2" kid that Trayvon was, he was probably only trying to share his skittles and ice tea with Zimmerman.

Zimmerman obviously shot him, because he did not like skittles and ice tea.

The life span of THC ranges from hours to months, depending on a variety of issues, including:

The amount of marijuana consumed,
The concentration of the THC, and
The personal tolerance to marijuana.

Yep- and while that shows the person at some time used marijuana- I think they will have a tough time proving they were under the influence of marijuana at the time- unless they can tie it in with some witness testimony to that effect...

Unless just in the last few years they've came up with some better ways of of testing for quantatative amounts of THC- there is no way to tell if it was used today- or a week ago because of the life span of the drug in your blood/urine... Its not as simple as a blood alcohol reading....

Years ago the labs were asking for us to give all witness info (amount used, time periods, etc.) on marijuana ingestion that we had with the blood/urine samples we were submitting- in hopes of developing some more clear guidelines...But I don't think they have been able to develop much- the reason that officer observations are still so important on marijuana influenced driving charges...The military was doing some extensive testing too without much success....

Hair follicle samples are a good indicator of marijuana/drugs and will show up over a month after someone used it- the reason many companies now use it...

Oldtimer said:
The life span of THC ranges from hours to months, depending on a variety of issues, including:

The amount of marijuana consumed,
The concentration of the THC, and
The personal tolerance to marijuana.

Yep- and while that shows the person at some time used marijuana- I think they will have a tough time proving they were under the influence of marijuana at the time- unless they can tie it in with some witness testimony to that effect...

Unless just in the last few years they've came up with some better ways of of testing for quantatative amounts of THC- there is no way to tell if it was used today- or a week ago because of the life span of the drug in your blood/urine... Its not as simple as a blood alcohol reading....

Years ago the labs were asking for us to give all witness info (amount used, time periods, etc.) on marijuana ingestion that we had with the blood/urine samples we were submitting- in hopes of developing some more clear guidelines...But I don't think they have been able to develop much- the reason that officer observations are still so important on marijuana influenced driving charges...The military was doing some extensive testing too without much success....

Hair follicle samples are a good indicator of marijuana/drugs and will show up over a month after someone used it- the reason many companies now use it...

does it really matter when he did the drugs? The picture of Trayvon is becoming more clear and it looks like he was a, drug user and thief and gangsta wanna be.

Was he casing houses on that night and "looking suspicious"? Don't know, but it somehwat substantiates Zimmerman's story.

It stays in the blood for a short time, so if they did a blood test it would have to have been recent use. Urine tests can pick it up prior to 13 days use. Wonder what test was used!

It showed up in blood and urine tests. So he had recent use like in hours to show up in the blood tests

ranch hand said:
It stays in the blood for a short time, so if they did a blood test it would have to have been recent use. Urine tests can pick it up prior to 13 days use. Wonder what test was used!

Can you show me source for this info... I'm not saying it isn't possible- because I have been retired for 12 years- but when I retired they had tests that could pick it up in the blood- but the Labs said then they had no way to determine amount ingested or determine length of time prior to use ...
Nor any way to determine if the amount they had would mean they were impaired or affected because of the differing tolerance levels marijuana builds up...

Don't get me wrong- this is good circumstantial evidence that he had used marijuana in the past- but not a real smoking gun that he was under the influence at the time he was killed...

Wait a minute! Trayvon was smoking pot during the time he was suspended from school and being punished for having drugs in his bookbag at school?

Shocking I say, Shocking!!!

Don't get me wrong- this is good circumstantial evidence that he had used marijuana in the past- but not a real smoking gun that he was under the influence at the time he was killed...

In reponse to the above quote. I don't post much so bear with me if my post is not correct in form. But why is it so hard to admit that we jumped to a conclusion and were wrong. I had an open mind at first on this, even saw the picture of 14 year old Trevon, and thought it was a simple case. Now with all the evidence coming out about the injuries to Zimmerman and, yes, about the record of Trevon I changed my mind. There are penalties to our actions. We are responsible for what we do. Unfortunately Trevon had a severe penalty for most likely an unplanned action. We have nine children and all are productive citizens and a source of pride to us. A couple did some dumb things when young and we let them face the consequences of their actions. Forgive me for this rant but this entitlement/victum mentality of so many frustrates me. This not about race, it's about a man defending himself, period. Farmguy

Good post Farmguy.

Blacks seem to have become professional victims...............

What disturbs me is the mother & father's traipsing around the country preaching this victim mentality to other blacks. They're in Baltimore today and are taking in donations & money by the buckets full.

At first they only wanted Zimmerman to be arrested & have a day in court......................

Now that he has been, that's not enough.

You see, what ever we give this professional victim society with a sense a complete entitlement, it will never be enough. They will always want more. :roll:

Latest posts