• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

treat ron paul with extreme caution

Help Support Ranchers.net:

better to treat the source with "extreme caution"

Adele M. Stan is the Washington bureau chief for AlterNet, the progressive news Web site.

AlterNet, is a progressive/liberal[1] activist news service.

why would anyone take the opinion of a far left liberal about a far right conservative?

beethoven said:
comments follow

you have been taught to think of people as identified by "groups", such as women, gays, asians, whatever. The principle that Ron Paul believes in, as I do, is that each and every individual has equal rights just because of their humanity - NOT because of what group they are in. Therefore, to talk about "women's rights," rights of the over 65 years, or gay rights, etc. already assumes a mind-set that pits one group against another, and makes them subject to different rules, privileges,obligations, etc. That kind of thinking creates and enables the very injustices that you likely want to avoid. Think about this - any law that violates one person's rights in order to give public money or special privilege to some group, is not just. It is not okay to violate some people in the name of some other group that is somehow deemed more worthy or special.

to give to one group, it must be taken from another group is liberal thinking..

to treat all as equals is conservative thinking..

Steve said:
beethoven said:
comments follow

you have been taught to think of people as identified by "groups", such as women, gays, asians, whatever. The principle that Ron Paul believes in, as I do, is that each and every individual has equal rights just because of their humanity - NOT because of what group they are in. Therefore, to talk about "women's rights," rights of the over 65 years, or gay rights, etc. already assumes a mind-set that pits one group against another, and makes them subject to different rules, privileges,obligations, etc. That kind of thinking creates and enables the very injustices that you likely want to avoid. Think about this - any law that violates one person's rights in order to give public money or special privilege to some group, is not just. It is not okay to violate some people in the name of some other group that is somehow deemed more worthy or special.

to give to one group, it must be taken from another group is liberal thinking..

to treat all as equals is conservative thinking..

I guess this person does not believe in the Constitution. But maybe saying that about a liberal is redundant.

the comments are fascinationg. i like the banter and illogic/logic going back and forth.

rhetoric and propaganda aside, one must be wise to the game of politics, in that it is only a game unless you are winning.

Latest posts