• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Trip to California

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Swede

Reaction score
The family and I just got back from a little vacation in Southern California, the weather was great the traffic was horrible. Anyway, we had a layover in Denver on the way home and I'm sitting in the terminal and a guy walks up that's a dead ringer for Kevin Costner. Never thought much more about it but it turns out that we end up walking to our gate right behind this guy and I jokingly said to my wife, "Check it out, Kevin Costner." Of course if he would be headed to Rapid City he wouldn't be flying commercial. So we get to the gate where they check our tickets and I happened to see his as he is holding it and sure enough it is him. Well I don't want to bother him and make a scene so I don't but later wish I would have. He takes his seat at the front of the plane and we are way in the back so I have blown my chance and will never get a picture with him. As we are getting off the plane he has stopped to talk to the crew so I reach out and shake his hand get a picture with my son and I, have a little chat, pretty cool. We were about the only ones on the plane that recognized him.

So my story for the grand kids some day will be, "yeah, we went to Hollywood back in the day, spent a little time with Kevin, no big deal." :lol:

jodywy said:
Big Swede said:
If I can get my computer literate kids to help me I'll try to put it on here.
plug your SD card out of your camera into the puter , will get you started :? :???:

He's probably got to figure out how to get the tin plates out and find a place to take them! :shock: :lol: :p

Did you ask Roy Macavoy how to pull off that hooded 4 iron shot he used to make the bird fly in the movie "Tin Cup"? :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's pretty cool. I was thinking come on meat hit me from what I herd you couldn't hit water if you fell out of a fricken boat! From bull Durham

When we had the Ranchers net-together at Deadwood Tam and I spent a bit of time at his tribute to the bison up on the hill, We sat in a tee-pee with I think Little Bull that was in Dances with Wolves with Costner. Very interesting visit. :D

Big Swede, we are glad you and your family were able to work in a trip to sunny California before your calving begins. Point taken. :)

Big Muddy rancher said:
When we had the Ranchers net-together at Deadwood Tam and I spent a bit of time at his tribute to the bison up on the hill, We sat in a tee-pee with I think Little Bull that was in Dances with Wolves with Costner. Very interesting visit. :D

Peach and I attended an Ian Tyson outdoor concert at this same location where the bison are up on the hill. It was a two and a half hour session, including a fifteen minute intermission. Ian was on top of his game, and only had two back-up singers. What a great show they put on. Tickets were $75 each, but it was well worth the money. There were probably less than a hundred people that took in the concert, but it was very much a highlight for those of us who were in the audience on that beautiful summer afternoon.

And we didn't even hear about that concert! He is my all time favorite singer, and we have most of his tapes, but that concert must have been awesome. Glad you got to go to it.

mrj

We had the same kind of deal at an Ian Tyson concert, only this one was in Medora, ND on a beautiful afternoon. Not many were there and it was Ian and his lead guitar player, as I recall. Only those 2. We had seen Ian in Billings at the Alberta Bair Theatre, with full accompaniment, but the afternoon in Medora beat that!

He had an autograph table and we got in line to buy a CD and get his autograph. The lady ahead of us had an old, and I do mean OLD, record album cover of Ian and Sylvia. She handed it to Ian to autograph and he looked at the rest of us and said, "I can't believe I'm signing this." :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Stockgrowers brought him and his guitar player to Assiniboia. It wasn't a very good concert and you could see he was in distress. He ended up in the hospital that night. :?

mrj said:
And we didn't even hear about that concert! He is my all time favorite singer, and we have most of his tapes, but that concert must have been awesome. Glad you got to go to it.

mrj

Yup, good BC born boy!
He is one of the all time greatest for sure.

Do ya think Costner had to go to the Midnight Star for extra k i t c h e n staff over St pattys weekend? Ive heard hes done dishes there before

There was any older couple who picked him up at the airport and I found out later that he built his parents a house near Spearfish, I assume that was them. He seemed like a pretty regular guy.

Went to see Ian a few weeks ago in Calgary........great concert!! At 80 Ian has regained about 80% of his voice after throat surgery a year ago. He put on a great evening of music. If you get a chance to see Ian, don`t miss him!!

Latest posts