• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Truck ?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

VB RANCH

Reaction score
my son is pullin a pot with a
02 9400i IH
wants to melt the pig tail on the dimmer switch
dosnt blow the breaker
other than the millon + miles
any clues

First problem is its a BINDER!!! If I remember right, that has the dimmer switch on the turnsignal? I would guess he has a short either where the hood tips, or where the wires connect to one of the head lights. Just guessing. Hope it helps, and let us know what happens.

A loose connection is what usually makes heat. Check all connections on the switch. Also dirty switch contacts can do that.

Any loose connection has some resistance, and resistance produces heat, causing the connection to further deterioate.

Martin Jr. said:
A loose connection is what usually makes heat. Check all connections on the switch. Also dirty switch contacts can do that.

Any loose connection has some resistance, and resistance produces heat, causing the connection to further deteriorate.

I agree and he says the switch is on the floor so could have moisture and corrosion down there.

this one is a new switch
maybe the harness on the truck
is bad, it likes to cook
the connection on the switch side
where the switch plugs into the
harness, on the dim side
he put it all together with
dialetic (sp) grease
said there fine on bright
and go out on dim, so if you meet a pot
with bright s o b ing lights, it may be him

On the floor would definitely be loose/corrosion issue, I think, maybe, possibly. Shoot I don't know. I haven't been in a truck for 4 years, and not in a Binder in over 10.

I'd sure dig thru the wiring at the hood hinge. Sounds like the dim circuit and ground are getting together. Could also be a short in a headlight bulb, I know it sounds goofy, but I've had it happen.
Binders are prone to electrical trouble for two reasons, firstly they shake a lot; secondly, they do it for a long time.

Latest posts