• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Trying to Snow

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Buckskin

Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Location
N E Montana
It has been trying to snow for three days. Not much yet, just cold wind. I guess it is calving weather in Montana. Did anyone get much snow? I heard Lewistown received some?
Take Care and Stay Warm!! 8) 8) 8)
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Buckskin said:
It has been trying to snow for three days. Not much yet, just cold wind. I guess it is calving weather in Montana. Did anyone get much snow? I heard Lewistown received some?
Take Care and Stay Warm!! 8) 8) 8)

Buckskin- Ended up with 4 or 5 inches of snow thruout the last few days-- got up to 34 today, so it has really settled... At least it wasn't the blizzard they predicted-- wouldn't have been bad at all if it wasn't for that cold east wind- caused me a little lost sleep..... I see where Roundup got 6 inches and .85 moisture- they needed it bad... I think the Missouri breaks may have received quite a bit yesterday...

10 day long range forecast looks great for calving- starting about Monday highs in the 40's and 50's- lows in the 20's....... :D
 

Shelly

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
1,634
Reaction score
0
Location
Saskatchewan
Do you want what we've been getting??? It HAS been snowing for three days and the snow's piling up because of the damn wind that won't quit! We can't keep the yard cleaned out fast enough, as soon as we move snow, it just blows in again! :mad:
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Shelly said:
Do you want what we've been getting??? It HAS been snowing for three days and the snow's piling up because of the damn wind that won't quit! We can't keep the yard cleaned out fast enough, as soon as we move snow, it just blows in again! :mad:

Keep the wind- it went down last night and I got a full nights sleep... Beautiful today without the wind- but they say it will come back after midnite......We ended up with some 2 and 3 foot drifts, but most areas are blown clear.....
 

Shelly

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
1,634
Reaction score
0
Location
Saskatchewan
Well, we're supposed to get one or two nice days, Sunday and Monday I think, and then the rest of the time till next Friday, SNOW!!!!!!!
 

ranchwife

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
3,990
Reaction score
0
Location
ennis, montana
Shelly...send some our way!!! even with the wind, we won't complain about getting some much needed moisture!!! got a bit of snow last weekend and suppose to get some more this weekend, but now quite enough to make much of a difference in this drought...sorta like spitting on a wildfire!! :roll:
take care, girl!!!
 

Shelly

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
1,634
Reaction score
0
Location
Saskatchewan
Hey, how's it goin'? You must be pretty busy, you've been awful quiet the last few days. Calving going okay?
 

ranchwife

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
3,990
Reaction score
0
Location
ennis, montana
Shelly said:
Hey, how's it goin'? You must be pretty busy, you've been awful quiet the last few days. Calving going okay?

actually, i have been super busy here at the hospital in deer lodge....125 miles from the home place....would much rather be checking calves that watching folks go into anaphylaxis, car wrecks, drug overdoses, suicide attempts, etc.!!! only 8 more shifts here and then i go back to my old homeplace for full-time work...dayshift!!! i have been nightshift for 12 years...10 of those with poor jesse...raises hell on a marriage!! e'mail me and let me know how you are doing!! been thinking about you alot and hope things are okay!!
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
ranchwife said:
Shelly said:
Hey, how's it goin'? You must be pretty busy, you've been awful quiet the last few days. Calving going okay?

actually, i have been super busy here at the hospital in deer lodge....125 miles from the home place....would much rather be checking calves that watching folks go into anaphylaxis, car wrecks, drug overdoses, suicide attempts, etc.!!! only 8 more shifts here and then i go back to my old homeplace for full-time work...dayshift!!! i have been nightshift for 12 years...10 of those with poor jesse...raises hell on a marriage!! e'mail me and let me know how you are doing!! been thinking about you alot and hope things are okay!!

ranchwife- the wife and I spent 25 years of both of us working night and day- both on call 24 hours a day- sometimes just meeting each other coming or going on the road and trading off kids... I really think it made for a stronger marriage- both of us did each others chores for the other at times- Bobbie pulled calves when I wasn't there- I cooked, did dishes and laundry, and changed diapers when she wasn't around....Really cut into the social life on the town- but we also had little arguing as we weren't together enough to get bored with each other.....
 

ranchwife

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
3,990
Reaction score
0
Location
ennis, montana
OT--- :D :D :D
when i am home, i give the hubby a break by doing the nightcalving so he can get a few hours of much needed rest and since i am so used to nights anyway....get some of my best "thinking" done when i am all alone with those heifers :D waking up to an alarm clock will be a new experience for me :shock: hope i recognize the sound and don't smack the hubby thinking he is snoring!!! :wink:
 

Hanta Yo

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
3,653
Reaction score
13
Location
South Central Montana
Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe :D :) :) :lol:
That was the very first post I read from you when I first got started on this addictive forum. Couldn't help myself!!!
 

ranchwife

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
3,990
Reaction score
0
Location
ennis, montana
Buckskin said:
Oldtimer
Changing a DIAPER!!! WOW!!! :!: :!:

takes a helluva man to admit that one :wink:
my hubby had his share, too...don't suppose he misses those days too much!! just happy to say that he never tried to feed our boys the way he feeds his calves (when they need a bottle) :shock:
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Buckskin said:
Oldtimer
Changing a DIAPER!!! WOW!!! :!: :!:

When you have 3 born in an 11 month period you learn how quite quickly :) --Used to have 3 car seats across the back seat of mom's blazer- soon had to expand to a suburban.........
 

ranchwife

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
3,990
Reaction score
0
Location
ennis, montana
Oldtimer said:
Buckskin said:
Oldtimer
Changing a DIAPER!!! WOW!!! :!: :!:

When you have 3 born in an 11 month period you learn how quite quickly :) --Used to have 3 car seats across the back seat of mom's blazer- soon had to expand to a suburban.........

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
 

Latest posts

Top