• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Tsk Tsk Tsk

Help Support Ranchers.net:

ocm

Reaction score
From a DTN Story

John Clifford, chief veterinarian with the USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, told members of the National Cattlemen's Beef Association working group for Canada-U.S. trade that Swift had actually imported the cattle and then they were improperly co-mingled with U.S. cattle in the pens at the packing plant. Clifford said USDA officials had the health certificates from Canada and the ear tags showing the animals were properly imported.

The slaughter cattle were delivered Nov. 28 to the packing plant and processed Nov. 29. That same day was when the South Dakota cattle feeder also had his cattle delivered to Swift. Earlier this week, Swift acknowledged the mistake and paid the producer for his cattle.

USDA "was satisfied those tags were from cattle legally exported from Canada to the packing plant," said John Masswohl of the Canadian Cattlemens' Association.

I have a feeling this story will be proven to be false.

ocm: "I have a feeling this story will be proven to be false."

You mean you hope?

Another conspiracy would be so much more fun wouldn't it?

~SH~

~SH~ said:
ocm: "I have a feeling this story will be proven to be false."

You mean you hope?

Another conspiracy would be so much more fun wouldn't it?

~SH~

It would never stand up to a Congressional investigation. The "border documents" don't exist. The cattle did not come in directly to the slaughter plant.

Latest posts