• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

TSR, are oil & gas profit margins extreme?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
profits1.png

profits2.png

profits3.png

profits4.png

profits5.png

profits6.png

Profits7.png

Profits8.png

profits9.png

http://biz.yahoo.com/p/sum_qpmd.html

Just in case you missed the O/G TSR.....

Oilprofit.png

If you go to the link, (in previous post) you can "click" on the industry and see it broken down by company/competitors.

You'll find there are many smaller companies still trying to compete, in the O/G industry

Maybe we should ask book publishers to contribute their "fair share", for the good of the Country

:lol:

Have you sent this to O'Reilly. No way to hide profits in the business world is it, to make sure the tax burden stays low. Man I feel sorry for those poor oil co.'s., hear about them most every day on TV and their struggles.

TSR said:
Have you sent this to O'Reilly. No way to hide profits in the business world is it, to make sure the tax burden stays low. Man I feel sorry for those poor oil co.'s., hear about them most every day on TV and their struggles.

:lol: :lol:

so now they are hiding their profits?

I guess you'll have less dividends to give to the government then eh?

hypocritexposer said:
TSR said:

So companies/corporations don't try to hide their profits?? :) :lol: :lol:
With respect to less dividends,fine if it benefits my country. Hey you as a Canadian can help us if you want. I guess you're a Canadian you say you are.

TSR said:
hypocritexposer said:
TSR said:

So companies/corporations don't try to hide their profits?? :) :lol: :lol:
With respect to less dividends,fine if it benefits my country. Hey you as a Canadian can help us if you want. I guess you're a Canadian you say you are.

I not only claim to be, but am Canadian.

If a companie hides profits, what happens to dividends?

Well if I make 100 million dollars and cheat the gov. out of just 1 million in taxes then I have I can still benefit my family with that 1 million I cheated on. They are still happy. Personally, I'm still ready to give up a part of the million to make America great again,just wonder if the oil co's are?? You know, America, the country that made them what they are today.

TSR said:
Well if I make 100 million dollars and cheat the gov. out of just 1 million in taxes then I have I can still benefit my family with that 1 million I cheated on. They are still happy. Personally, I'm still ready to give up a part of the million to make America great again,just wonder if the oil co's are?? You know, America, the country that made them what they are today.

Hey Robin Hood! Quit buying gas from Exxon. That'll show 'em. :roll:

TSR said:

So you're family is a publically traded company that is looking for investors, who scrutinize your financials?

at a 25% tax rate, you have just stole how much from the company, and how much will you lose in investment, due to lowered profits to earnings ratio...

You accusing a company of hiding profits, is just that an accusation.

We're dealing with facts here

hypocritexposer said:
TSR said:

So you're family is a publically traded company that is looking for investors, who scrutinize your financials?

at a 25% tax rate, you have just stole how much from the company, and how much will you lose in investment, due to lowered profits to earnings ratio...

Well start a poll here, even on conservative dominated R.Net, and see how many, if they will answer truthfully, think companies try to hide profits for tax purposes. Might even want to ask if those voting do the same. :wink: Even when they are successful in so doing, with respect to the oil co.'s their profits are still great enough to attract investors.

TSR said:
hypocritexposer said:
TSR said:

Well start a poll here, even on conservative dominated R.Net, and see how many, if they will answer truthfully, think companies try to hide profits for tax purposes. Might even want to ask if those voting do the same. :wink: Even when they are successful in so doing, with respect to the oil co.'s their profits are still great enough to attract investors.

so if companies all hide profits, it would reduce oil company profits at or about the same rate as other companies, correct?

So their profits in relation to other industries would remain the same.

Unless you can provide evidence that oil companies steal from themselves more often, then the profit comparisons I have provided are reality.

And you remain out to lunch

It's the great "hide the profit "conspiracy theory"

Gosh I'm getting tired of arguing with you. If they all hid profits the percentage of profits they would be left with would be relative to the profits made if they hadn't hid anything. Some profits would be greater for those that would have made more without hiding, just as those less profitable corp.'s would have made less before hiding anything. Is that hard to understand??

Are you going to start that poll?? And actually I just got through eating supper as we call it here in my neck of the woods.

Do you really want to make it tough on the oil companies, well then get obama to open up all the drilling he can. That would put the screws on them, unless the left is all motor mouth

Latest posts