• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

TSR's question in another thread, got me to thinkin'

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Whitewing

Reaction score
TSR said:
So guys, who is gonna be the Republican candidate? Personally, I am still hoping before its over a strong Independent will show up, wishful thinking, I guess.

I sure haven't seen anyone in this field that blows my skirt up. Which I guess is something of a testament to the state of politics in the US. How can it be that with what has to be one of the worst presidents in the history of this counry occupying the White House, the pubs can't come up with better candidates?

Gov. Christie is about the only one I've seen and listened to who sounded like he could go toe to toe with anyone in the country.

Whitewing said:
TSR said:
So guys, who is gonna be the Republican candidate? Personally, I am still hoping before its over a strong Independent will show up, wishful thinking, I guess.

I sure haven't seen anyone in this field that blows my skirt up. Which I guess is something of a testament to the state of politics in the US. How can it be that with what has to be one of the worst presidents in the history of this counry occupying the White House, the pubs can't come up with better candidates?

Gov. Christie is about the only one I've seen and listened to who sounded like he could go toe to toe with anyone in the country.

Well the latest poll that I've seen has Obama with a 60% approval rating. Now I still would like to see both parties shocked by an "Independent Contender",it would make things more interesting.

Whitewing said:
TSR said:

Ron Paul is about the only one I've seen exciting the Libertarian part of the party-- but will be 77 years old by election time which pretty well makes him unelectable anymore...

Romney seems to be the big industry and wealthy's candidate- but I don't think the Bible Belt/Moral Majority will support a Morman (which last election they condemned as a cult)...And he has the baggage of having signed a State Health Insurance law as Governor which is similar to Obama care...

Newt is out both because of his age- and his hypocrit life style...

Palin is too radical- tied herself too much to the now fading TeaParty which many Independents won't support- and can't get what has become a very important vote- women...

Trump and Huckabee decided to not run....

Huntsman may be the lead "non-candidate" altho he also has the religion problem with the Bible Thumpers- and besides working for a Dem President- has did a lot of praising of that Presidents abilities...He also promoted the need for Health Care Reform- and has supported same sex civil unions which will not endow him to the radical right....
Just like Romneys billions--Huntsman have the stigma of being born multimillionaire rich kid-- which when the economy is not booming does not go over with the working class folks...

TSR said:
Whitewing said:
TSR said:

Well the latest poll that I've seen has Obama with a 60% approval rating. Now I still would like to see both parties shocked by an "Independent Contender",it would make things more interesting.

You had better look again. :roll:

That was a tainted poll.

TSR said:

The Associated Press poll was clearly tainted as BMR menntioned. here is an average of a few polls. He has got a bit of a bump from the Bin Laden killing, but that will wear off soon.

ScreenHunter_01May162202.gif

http://realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

he tops my list of people who get the vote for "at least he is better then the other guy list"..

as a Governor he is tackling issues with a vengeance.. and ignoring real problems.. his time spent being vengeful is taking over the office..

sadly the guy Christie ran against in the primaries who he is trying to imitate is getting no credit for actually tackling the tough problems..

I like this guy...I am sure some of yall will call me a fool but I am use to that.......
I'm not going to shoot from the lip on Afghanistan

May 15th, 2011

Herman Cain

Ever since the South Carolina Republican presidential debate, reporters have continued to challenge me for not having a specific plan for our nation's involvement in Afghanistan. They continue to think that if you are running for president then you must have an answer for everything. I don't! A real leader has the right questions for everything.

When asked about what I would do about our involvement in the war in Afghanistan during the debate, I answered by asking the questions that should have been asked before we got involved many years ago. What is our mission? How does it serve our interest? Is there a path to victory? If not, then what is our exit strategy?

I ask these questions instead of "shooting from the lip" because there is obviously a lot of classified information to which I do not have access. There are dozens of experts and military leaders I would need advice from before I could make an informed decision about a real clear plan for the USA's involvement in Afghanistan. Similarly, a real clear strategy for every country with which we have relationships would be developed, regardless of whether or not we are involved in a military conflict.

To be clear, I want to be out of Afghanistan and all war-torn countries as much as the next person. But I am not going to propose a half-baked plan based on half the information I would need to make the right decision, just to pretend I know everything.

On the other hand, I do know enough about our solid relationship with Israel from decades of observations that I would make it even stronger, which isn't just about dollars. And, I would not be hesitant to let the rest of the world know that we will stand by and with our friends.

I succeeded in business for over 40 years by asking the right questions of the right people about the right problems to get to the right solutions. That's what most successful people do, and I would do the same thing as president of the United States of America.

Aside from the fact that I disagree with many of President Obama's policies, practices and decisions, consider some of the decisions and statements I'm sure he wishes he could do over. He promised to be out of Afghanistan by July 2011, date certain. It's not going to happen. He wanted to close the Guantanamo military prison facility and put the prisoners, mostly terrorists, in our federal prisons. It didn't happen.

He said passing the $787 billion stimulus bill (before extenders which pushed the total closer to $1 trillion) would get the unemployment rate back under 8 percent. The unemployment rate has not been under 8 percent since the stimulus bill was passed, and it was recently reported for April at 9.0 percent.

President Obama also said that a lot of the stimulus spending would go toward "shovel-ready" projects, only to admit later that there is no such thing as a shovel-ready project. Maybe he should have asked somebody, or maybe he thought we would not notice. We noticed!

As president, one may not make all the correct decisions, but you improve your success rate if you make decisions based on as much of the right information and advice as you can get. Maybe President Obama has just been getting bad advice. If so, he didn't surround himself with the right people.

Working on the right problems, asking the right questions, surrounding oneself with the right people, and removing barriers to success is real leadership.

It's much better than shooting from the lip.

Oldtimer said:
Whitewing said:
TSR said:

Ron Paul is about the only one I've seen exciting the Libertarian part of the party-- but will be 77 years old by election time which pretty well makes him unelectable anymore...

Romney seems to be the big industry and wealthy's candidate- but I don't think the Bible Belt/Moral Majority will support a Morman (which last election they condemned as a cult)...And he has the baggage of having signed a State Health Insurance law as Governor which is similar to Obama care...

Newt is out both because of his age- and his hypocrit life style...

Palin is too radical- tied herself too much to the now fading TeaParty which many Independents won't support- and can't get what has become a very important vote- women...

Trump and Huckabee decided to not run....

Huntsman may be the lead "non-candidate" altho he also has the religion problem with the Bible Thumpers- and besides working for a Dem President- has did a lot of praising of that Presidents abilities...He also promoted the need for Health Care Reform- and has supported same sex civil unions which will not endow him to the radical right....
Just like Romneys billions--Huntsman have the stigma of being born multimillionaire rich kid-- which when the economy is not booming does not go over with the working class folks...

sadly I agree with you on the current list of media designated hopefuls..

here is a few the media is all but ignoring..

Godfather's Pizza CEO Herman Cain,

New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson (NM).

not to mention..

former Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty,

former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum

of the current crop I like Cain and Johnson

and was a bit saddened when Thune indicated he would not run...

just to name five that failed to get mentioned....

Latest posts