• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Turkey Track Bar where aaaaaarrrrre you??!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hanta Yo and FH:

Great stories of the pups! Keep them coming--I hope that Big Muddy Rancher and Murgen also post updates on their pups too. Murgen's pup looks so perfect that he/she almost looks stuffed!

On our home front Holly the Corgi hasn't done any nearly as cool as your pups---she does get to ride in the tractor and seems to enjoy it, but the hubby says she's trying to hog the seat!!!! I only hope that she can do as cool of tricks as Corky and Dixie do as she get older.

Her most recent antic actually scared my hubby to death---the yearling bulls that are waiting to go to their new owners homes are still in our "back yard" and she's made friends with these guys since we've gotten her. Well Sunday morning while my husband was feeding the bulls he looked over and she was laying on her back with this bull above her. He got worried and thought this guy had her down. Stopped the tractor, got ready to get out and was still watching---he couldn't beleive it but the bull was licking her belly!!! Well this happen yesterday afternoon too---silly/dumb pup---

She's going to have to be tied up when the cows in our "front yard" start calving in a week or so---I'm afraid that the aren't going to be as "good of friends" as the yearling bulls in the back yard. Holly is really quick and could probably get away if she was next to the yard fence, but if she got very far away I don't know if she'd come out the winner!

We just had a really beautiful wet snow for the past 2 1/2 hours and now the sun is shinning. I hope you all got some of this moisture too!

Have a great day!

TTB

TTB, we had a McNab-Border Collie cross young dog that would do what you are describing. She would go where the 2 and 3 year old cows were and lay on her back. The calves would come up and sniff and smell and lick her and she would just lay there. Darnedest thing you ever saw. We never had another dog that did that. I wonder what they are thinking.

I need to go back and look up Murgen's pup. I must have missed it.

Wish we would have got that beautful snow. We got another skiff. I heard from Busby to Sheridan Wyoming was real wintery yesterday. I wonder if rancher got any moisture. The snow got pretty wet here yesterday afternoon but didn't last but just a little bit.

i thought his pup was simply startling-looking--can you imagine when it's grown-up coming up to you with those blue BLUE eyes?? i don't think i've ever seen that color of blue in a dog before. Cool!

Latest posts