• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Turn About is "Fair Play"

Help Support Ranchers.net:

The reason is not the cow in the food chain, it is because Canada, USDA, NCBA all called it a North American Beef Industry. Prove me wrong. Until then I go with what I heard.

the north american beef industry was fine with the japanese until they saw how your system handled the washington cow. after canada found a case you just had to assure them that no canadian animal went through your system to japan. when the washington cow got eaten by humans everything changed. if they were satisfied by the american system the fact that the washington cow was born in canada should have been enough to satisfy their import rules and let american beef continue into japan.

rancher, you just don't get it. What you seem to be incapable of comprehending is this: your system won't show you your problems (by intention, many believe) and you fault us because our system works!

So who's the fool?

the fact is when canada had bse the japanese would still buy american beef in spite of the integrated american market. when a canadian cow with bse made its way into the american food supply japan quit taking your beef. just a coincidence?

Murgen, I have been laughing my a$$ off at you for the last hour. You have been hopping around like a chimpanzee shortstop. Slow down buddy, it's gonna be ok. I just don't want you to go in cardiac arrest. :wink:

Way I see it, Japan is not taking beef from either side of the border right now. This entire conversation is a waste of time and the blood pressure is up for no good reason.

When they do take beef from one side or the other, then we will see who was right.

Until then it is all wind in the branches.

BC

FACT the COW was in your food chain
FACT They stopped taking your beef when a BSE positive cow hit the news
FACT they didn't know she was from Canada and when they found out they didn't reopen their borders to you.
FACT OIE took a look at the trade and saw that millions of other cattle were also imported from Canada and tons of feed because of NAFTA
FACT hundreds were also imported from the UK. The same place where most other countries contracted their BSE problems.
FACT the OIE told the USDA that they couldn't consider the washington cow to be in isolation from the whole North American beef industry.
FACT the OIE gave the USDA the same list of recommendations to follow to minimize the human and animal risk that they gave Canada.
FACT the OIE said that the USDA was to work in close collaboration with all appropriate agencies in NAFTA to manage the North American BSE problem
FACT after all the investigations and reports were in about it being a Canadian cow, Japan still not taking US beef.

If Japan was really worried about the Canadian cattle being a higher risk than the US's wouldn't they be asking you to verify where your cattle come from? And if they are really worried why are they negotiating with Canada.

...fact...where are the six holstein cows exported to the states from BSE cow #3 herd mates...I guess they just disappeared with the other live Canadian cows in the past 100 years...

Tam said:
FACT they didn't know she was from Canada and when they found out they didn't reopen their borders to you.
FACT OIE took a look at the trade and saw that millions of other cattle were also imported from Canada and tons of feed because of NAFTA
FACT hundreds were also imported from the UK. The same place where most other countries contracted their BSE problems.
FACT the OIE told the USDA that they couldn't consider the washington cow to be in isolation from the whole North American beef industry.
FACT the OIE gave the USDA the same list of recommendations to follow to minimize the human and animal risk that they gave Canada.
FACT the OIE said that the USDA was to work in close collaboration with all appropriate agencies in NAFTA to manage the North American BSE problem
FACT after all the investigations and reports were in about it being a Canadian cow, Japan still not taking US beef.

If Japan was really worried about the Canadian cattle being a higher risk than the US's wouldn't they be asking you to verify where your cattle come from? And if they are really worried why are they negotiating with Canada.

I want the fact that Japan is not taking our beef because the cow made it to the food chain. You list other OTHER reasons, but nothing showing that the cow in the food chain is why it is still closed. I thought it was R-calf's fault.

rancher said:
Tam said:

I want the fact that Japan is not taking our beef because the cow made it to the food chain. You list other OTHER reasons, but nothing showing that the cow in the food chain is why it is still closed. I thought it was R-calf's fault.

Tell me Rancher what happen just before the Japanese export market slammed shut to the US BEEF?

And our border is still closed because of R-CALF and their lies and they may be part of the reason your border is closed but the only reason your border closed to begin with was one BSE cow in your food chain.

So if you are right, then we should all be pissed at USDA for export market loss. I don't know where they were coming from when you test a cow and then let her go. What is the use of the test. I still have not heard that is why Japan is shut us off. Maybe Agman would know.

Maple Leaf Angus said:
How about that. We've come full circle, did you notice? Your system breaks down and we are the ones to be held back as a result.

For once we agree, your system breaks and you get BSE and we are the ones to be held back as a result. Then you send us boxed beef and bitch because it is our fault the packers are raping you, then you want us to take your live so the packers can rape us. But hey then it would be fair to you.

Latest posts