• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Twins

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Aaron said:
Nutrition (and good fertility) is the reason for twinning. After switching our basic mineral to a high-quality chelated product, my incidence of twins went up 1000%. Used to get a single set once every five to ten years. Now in the last 6 years I get at least 1, if not multiple sets every year. Last year was one set (thankfully), 2014 was 3 or 4. Only measurable change has been the mineral.

You haven't introduced a new bull in 6 years? :shock:
We get 8-12 sets a year minimum and the only mineral we ever feed is TM salt.

Aaron said:
Nutrition (and good fertility) is the reason for twinning. After switching our basic mineral to a high-quality chelated product, my incidence of twins went up 1000%. Used to get a single set once every five to ten years. Now in the last 6 years I get at least 1, if not multiple sets every year. Last year was one set (thankfully), 2014 was 3 or 4. Only measurable change has been the mineral.

I have to agree with you Aaron. Your post goes right along with what I have seen for years. There may be more than one reason
for twins, however. Like mrj, I think this is an interesting topic.

The long and the short of it is that twinning is genetic. Nutrition can allow the genetics to do their job. Nutrition is not going to change the genetics.

Latest posts