• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Two MAD COW farmers jailed for BSE fraud JAILED FOR 3 YEARS

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TimH wrote & quoted:

Oldtimer wrote:
TimH wrote:
Oldtimer wrote:
TimH wrote:
Oldtimer wrote:
Quote:
Hey Oldtimer, I'll bet that if you asked your buddy Flounder, real nice, he would be more than happy to re-post all of the American feed-ban violations and re-calls that have occured.
Whats the difference between "Canuck" science and USDA(safest beef in the world) science, Dick???

A whole bunch of Canucks on here saying that CFIA/USDA/OIE's science of prion transmission/SRM removal is wrong.....

You can't have it both ways.....

The POST feedban cattle (as young as 50 months old) shows that it isn't working.....

Who, other than Ron(buy my test kit)bse-testerArnold ever said that SRM removal is wrong????

Well kaiser- Kathy- and in cheerleader Bill for starters all believe it isn't transmitted by prions or by eating it-- so what good is SRM removal if its radioactive meat/cattle that transmit it by exposure

Well, that's interesting. I don't think that anyone but Ron(the pee-pee tester) said that srm removal was wrong, however.
Let's take a short-cut here OT. What is the official Dick/R-calf position on just how bse is transmitted???

I have stated that the removal of SRM makes little or no difference since the rest of the animal will most certainly harbour PrPsc. SRM removal was, is and remains, a smoke and mirror campaign to appease the masses and to placate the political apsect of meat marketing in my opinion and please do not lump me in with the rest of your discussion regarding what other Canadians do or do not know or even suggest.

For the record, I do think that SRM removal is a waste of time if the animal is proven to be BSE positive. SRM removal from animals that test negative is also a waste of time. SRM removal from an animal that has not been tested is a consumate waste of time since nobody can be sure what the status [BSE] of that animal is to begin with!!!

Have fun with that Timmy boy, I am sure you will.

Oldtimer said:
Bill- Go read like Sandhusker said-- and you will find from day one that R-CALF has called for increased testing instead of the USDA reduced testing policy-- and have called for private enterprise (Creekstone, etal) to be allowed to test like is being done in England, Europe, and Japan.....

They don't care, OT. They just want to squak. R-CALF is the boogy man for them.

Oldtimer said:
Bill- Go read like Sandhusker said-- and you will find from day one that R-CALF has called for increased testing instead of the USDA reduced testing policy-- and have called for private enterprise (Creekstone, etal) to be allowed to test like is being done in England, Europe, and Japan.....

.....and as has been pointed out time and time again that they were and remain absolutely SILENT since the two home grown positive BSE cases and USDA announced they were reducing testing.

I guess using one of your own common phrases that would tell us that R-Klan is ALSO in bed with USDA, NCBA and the packers on this one.

Maybe one of y'all should bring forth an official RESOLUTION to the upcoming meeting of the R-Klanners to pressure USDA to CHANGE its plans and actually increase BSE testing.

Bill said:
Oldtimer said:

.....and as has been pointed out time and time again that they were and remain absolutely SILENT since the two home grown positive BSE cases and USDA announced they were reducing testing.

I guess using one of your own common phrases that would tell us that R-Klan is ALSO in bed with USDA, NCBA and the packers on this one.

Maybe one of y'all should bring forth an official RESOLUTION to the upcoming meeting of the R-Klanners to pressure USDA to CHANGE its plans and actually increase BSE testing.

R-CALF said they were for increased testing. We're in favor of Creekstone. Only an idiot wouldn't be able to figure out what our policy on testing is.

Bill said:

Not a bad idea-- but I think they've already got a lot of irons in the fire trying to keep high risk cattle/beef imports out of the country in order to protect both the US consumers and the US cattle herd-- and making it a requirement that folks know where their imported meat comes from so they can make a free and educated choice (M-COOL)....

Too me these are more important right now since they cover so much higher a risk factor......

Oldtimer said:
Bill said:

Not a bad idea-- but I think they've already got a lot of irons in the fire trying to keep high risk cattle/beef imports out of the country in order to protect both the US consumers and the US cattle herd-- and making it a requirement that folks know where their imported meat comes from so they can make a free and educated choice (M-COOL)....

Too me these are more important right now since they cover so much higher a risk factor......

Bill seems to think that R-CALF needs to have an official resolution to say what we've already said. Something like, "Whereas R-CALF has called for increased testing, we still mean it." :roll:

Sandhusker said:
Oldtimer said:
Bill said:

Bill seems to think that R-CALF needs to have an official resolution to say what we've already said. Something like, "Whereas R-CALF has called for increased testing, we still mean it." :roll:

An official resolution on anything may help with your dismal attendance you have had at the last couple of conventions.

The reponse to Oldtimers R-Calf convention post at http://cattletoday.com/forum/about29223.html pretty much sums it up.

Hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sandhusker said:
If you want an official resolution, join and bring it up.

Thanks for the invite but I think I will be like the vast majority of US producers who see R-Calf for what they truly are and do NOT join because of it.

You're the R-Klan member. If you believe so strongly in what they are doing you should grab some balls, get out of the bank and head down to Denver and do something that actually may make a difference instead of sitting here all day saying "we" did this or "we" think that.

Bill said:
Sandhusker said:

Thanks for the invite but I think I will be like the vast majority of US producers who see R-Calf for what they truly are and do NOT join because of it.

You're the R-Klan member. If you believe so strongly in what they are doing you should grab some balls, get out of the bank and head down to Denver and do something that actually may make a difference instead of sitting here all day saying "we" did this or "we" think that.

Bill....Do you show up for all your government decisions? R-calf has some intelligent people leading it. I feel they take our local R-calf decisions to the convention and listen to the members. No need to WHINE, wine and dine them with promises of a great deal on a green tractor to get them to show up like some orgs. Most ranchers that belong to R-calf stay home and take care of the livestock and can't make these meetings. So we send our area reps to the convention. My boss has made one and feels comfortable with the reps really representing the members. We still get to vote if we stay home. No decissions are made into resolutions until the mail in ballots are counted.

bill: You're the R-Klan member. If you believe so strongly in what they are doing you should grab some balls, get out of the bank and head down to Denver and do something that actually may make a difference instead of sitting here all day saying "we" did this or "we" think that.

has austin lost his mojo???

don said:
bill: You're the R-Klan member. If you believe so strongly in what they are doing you should grab some balls, get out of the bank and head down to Denver and do something that actually may make a difference instead of sitting here all day saying "we" did this or "we" think that.

I do help make a difference via committee calls. I would like to go to Denver, but I've got a job. However, with the leadership we have, I'm confident they'll do just fine in Denver without me - I haven't been disapponited yet.

Why don't you do something positive, Bill? What was the last thing you did to better the plight of Canadian producers?

ranch hand said:
Bill said:
Sandhusker said:

Bill....Do you show up for all your government decisions? R-calf has some intelligent people leading it. I feel they take our local R-calf decisions to the convention and listen to the members. No need to WHINE, wine and dine them with promises of a great deal on a green tractor to get them to show up like some orgs. Most ranchers that belong to R-calf stay home and take care of the livestock and can't make these meetings. So we send our area reps to the convention. My boss has made one and feels comfortable with the reps really representing the members. We still get to vote if we stay home. No decissions are made into resolutions until the mail in ballots are counted.

Has R-Calf now become government in some peoples eyes?

Anyone who has ever been part of any org. and a decision making process knows that policy is made by those who show up. There is never enough background information or details provided with any mail-in ballot to provide all the details to make an informed decision. Debate is key and if both sides aren't properly explored the leadership can stick handle any way they choose.

That applies to R-Calf or any org.

Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:37 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ranch hand wrote:
Bill wrote:
Sandhusker wrote:

Has R-Calf now become government in some peoples eyes?

Anyone who has ever been part of any org. and a decision making process knows that policy is made by those who show up. There is never enough background information or details provided with any mail-in ballot to provide all the details to make an informed decision. Debate is key and if both sides aren't properly explored the leadership can stick handle any way they choose.
That applies to R-Calf or any org.

This is why we debate it at the local level before it every becomes an issue at the top level. All information is provided, then goes with the reps to the convention and back to the members for a vote. All new resolution material is brought forth from the bottom up. Seems to work great, no travel expense, no bar bills, no motel bills and don't have to buy a green tractor.

Sandhusker said:
don said:

I do help make a difference via committee calls. I would like to go to Denver, but I've got a job. However, with the leadership we have, I'm confident they'll do just fine in Denver without me - I haven't been disapponited yet.

Why don't you do something positive, Bill? What was the last thing you did to better the plight of Canadian producers?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Let's just say that I have done more than my share Sandhusker and more than you will ever accomplish.

Put your feet up on the desk next week while the tellers bring you your bean juice and you collect your salary while visiting on Ranchers.net.

I would like to go to Denver, but I've got a job.
I've got a job? :lol: :lol: :lol: THAT"S HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a pathetic BS excuse. I'VE GOT A JOB? Most of us have jobs and they involve raising cattle yet many of us find the time and sometimes money from our own pockets to sit on boards and committees in an attempt to improve the beef business.

..but I've got a job? :roll: :lol: :lol:

Bill, "Let's just say that I have done more than my share Sandhusker and more than you will ever accomplish"

How do you remain so modest?

U.S. Continues to Violate World Health Organization Guidelines for BSE

Now Available at http://www.organicconsumers.org/madcow/Greger.pdf
The United States is violating all four concrete recommendations laid down by the World Health Organization to prevent the spread of BSE (Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy), or Mad Cow disease, into the human population. Inadequate testing of the brains of U.S. cattle is likely missing hundreds of cases of BSE and inadequate testing of the brains of human dementia victims is likely missing hundreds of cases of the human spongiform encephalopathy, sporadic Creutzfeldt Jakob disease. New research suggests that some of these cases of the sporadic form of CJD may be caused by eating BSE-infected meat. Until we follow the guidelines set forth by the World Health Organization and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and enact science-based safeguards proven to work in Europe-such as a total ban on the feeding of slaughterhouse waste, blood and excrement to farmed animals, and dramatically increased surveillance for both these diseases-the safety of the American food supply will remain in question.

CONTENTS:

Introduction

WHO Recommendation #1:
Stop Feeding Infected Animals to Other Animals

WHO Recommendation #2:
All Countries Must Establish Adequate Testing & Surveillance

WHO Recommendation #3:
Stop Feeding Bovine Brains, Eyes, Spinal Cords, & Intestines to People or Livestock

-High Risk Tissues in Human Food
-Advanced Meat Recovery
-Central Nervous Contamination in Other Meat Products
-Prion Infection Within Muscle
-Some Sporadic CJD May be Caused by Eating Meat
-Are Thousands of Americans Dying From Sporadic CJD?
-High Risk Tissues in Animal Feed
-Feeding Poultry Litter to Cattle

WHO Recommendation #4:
Stop Weaning Calves on Cow's Blood

Conclusion : No action -Pasive infection

Sandhusker said:
You know, Tam, you've got a talent for misunderstanding simple comments. You should of been a lawyer. Why do we always go thru this?

Bill is talking on whether or not Canada tested 187K. You didn't. In 2005 - the last complete year he had data on as he made the comment in 2006 - we did.

He didn't claim that we had been meeting it in prior years, as you are trying to peg on him to manufacture a lie. He made no mention at all of prior years. He said 6 words,"The U.S. meets this recommendation" and at the time that he said it, we did.

When I suggested that you folks needed to visit the website, I didn't think that some of you would need an interpreter.

Sandhusker the thing is that no one but Bill recommends any such number be tested By Canada or any other country that has YET TO IDENTIFIED BSE IN THEIR NATIVE HERD.
From the Jan 14, 2004 (CIDRAP News) – The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) said this week that the case of bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) in the United States signals that many countries need to strengthen their BSE-control programs. --------

Broad testing recommended
Concerning the testing of cattle for BSE, the FAO cited the OIE (World Organization for Animal Health) recommendation that countries test 1 in 100,000 to 1 in 10,000 cattle over 30 months old, as well as cattle with possible BSE symptoms. The USDA tested about 20,000 cattle last year, more than necessary under the OIE recommendation, the FAO said.

This was before US indentifing BSE in their herd.

READ BILL'S SO CALLED OIE RECOMMENDATION SANDHUSKER
The World Organization for Animal Health (OIE) recommends that nations that have not yet identified any cases of BSE should test at least 187,000 cattle consecutively just to determine if they have the disease, regardless of the size of that country's cattle herd," he continued. "Canada has only tested approximately 90,000 head since the discovery of their first case of BSE in 2003, and even after discovering four confirmed cases of BSE, Canada tested only 57,000 cattle in all of 2005, an amount insufficient to meet the minimal testing requirements recommended by the OIE.

"The U.S. meets this recommendation, while Canada does not," noted Bullard.

READ IT SANDHUSKER The OIE recommendations according to the FAO, don't match Bill's do they? Who are we to believe at this point the FAO or ******** Bullard? What ever number comes to mind to make the R-CALF story a bit better works for you doesn't it :roll:

BTW Sandhusker What does "have not yet identified BSE" mean in your world? :roll:

And what years was Leo talking about when he said the US testes 150,000 more head ANNUALLY than Canada? :???:

Defending these statements says a lot about how much you care for the truth, Sandhusker!!!! :wink:

bse-tester said:
Why not just test all of the cattle in North America - problem solved!!!

:) :) :roll: :roll:

And that may still come to happen- it will just depend on the events of the next 5-25 years, but by then it would be much too late....

Latest posts