• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Two wraps and a hooey.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tap

Reaction score
Today was our last branding of the season. At home anyway. One more small bunch left at a neighbors. I think I counted 14 different days we branded here or at the neighbors. Gets to be a long season, but we have such good neighbors that it is all fun. :)

The herd today was our late April calving herd. The first calf hit the ground around the 19th of April, and they are growing extremely well for their young age.

Heading out for the gather. Looking NW.

brand018.jpg

Riding the south fence. Looking SE.

brand021.jpg

Morning shadows really bring out the contrast in the land. Looking across the hiway to the East.

brand025.jpg

Heading them towards the panel corrals.

brand029.jpg

Looking back at the drags. This one is looking back to the west.

brand031.jpg

Got 'em corraled.

brand032.jpg

Sample of the calves.

brand037.jpg

brand042.jpg

An up and coming puncher. My good friends son.

brand043.jpg

Waiting for their young 'un.

brand051.jpg

This young gal has drug many, many calves this spring. She is pretty automatic.

brand056.jpg

How do you spell may-lay? :wink: :wink: This sand gets dusty in a hurry.

brand071.jpg

A former world champion rider, but most of all, a very good humble man.

brand072.jpg

A roper.

brand074.jpg

Did someone say grub pile? :) That's all for today. I better go see how things are going.

brand076.jpg

Man i havent seen green grass like that in years , course i havent been out of az for about 5 years ha ha , i dont know how you guys work in that flat country like that i would go insane , i worked in nevada on them big plains and i had to get back to Az i was startin to loose it haha . Cattle look damn good though .

Thanks for sharing your beautiful lookin day. Its cold and rainy today in 'sunny Alberta" :lol:

Does Tap know what a hooey is in Canada ???? :oops: :oops: :oops:

Aside from that great bunch of photos Tap.

Judith said:
Does Tap know what a hooey is in Canada ???? :oops: :oops: :oops:

Aside from that great bunch of photos Tap.
Even I don't know your answer Judith...I only know the hooey Taps talkin :)

I'm guessing that I just washed a big wad of it off my boots just about 10 minutes ago! :shock: :shock:

:shock: If you just washed it of your boots a minute ago it is unlikely you will ever bear children Kola :) Mrs. G I can't believe it! you are like the slang queen. It is a very common term out here on the coast.....

Sure you do IL! Nice try :) Actually it is a pretty common term out here, in the land of for heaven sake dont ever use the clinical term. Do you guys think Tap is totally horrified yet? If not kepp working at it!

azcowpuncher said:
Man i havent seen green grass like that in years , course i havent been out of az for about 5 years ha ha , i dont know how you guys work in that flat country like that i would go insane , i worked in nevada on them big plains and i had to get back to Az i was startin to loose it haha . Cattle look damn good though .

It's funny, that sometimes I worry that I have people here thinking that we ranch in the badlands from my pictures, and you see the "flatness" side of things. Here are a few pictures on our ranch, or very near here that might show you how diverse our area is. I am kinda partial to Nevada, so I must like the big open country. :)

decemberpictures041.jpg

kidsandranch005.jpg

cowsandranchpictures069.jpg

kidsandranch076.jpg

OOPS. Sorry about the blurry one. I didn't see that in the small photo in photobucket. Here is another one I was going to replace it with, but I will just add it.

brand112.jpg

here is some of the country i take care of most places you go you have to use a trail cattle do pretty good in it lots of oak brush , we have a few flat spots we can work cattle on but for the most part it all looks like this .
sycamorenew.jpg

Judith said:
Sure you do IL! Nice try :) Actually it is a pretty common term out here, in the land of for heaven sake dont ever use the clinical term. Do you guys think Tap is totally horrified yet? If not kepp working at it!

I used to think Jigs was the twisted one on ranchers.net :wink: :lol: , but you and IL have the title now Judith. lol.

azcowpuncher said:
here is some of the country i take care of most places you go you have to use a trail cattle do pretty good in it lots of oak brush , we have a few flat spots we can work cattle on but for the most part it all looks like this .
sycamorenew.jpg

It's pretty, but I don't know how you can raise much on it. Good vacation spot. I might have to come down and take a look.

OH Tap, I can not speak for my baby brother, but I can never compete with Jigs and his Bikinis. Try as I might, I just can't come close :)

Latest posts