• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

U.S. Calls Muhammad Drawings 'Offensive'

Help Support Ranchers.net:

kolanuraven

Reaction score
It was a move by that publisher of unbelieveable STUPIDITY to allow that to be printed. Any one with half a brain cell knows that Muhammed has never and is not to be represented in anyway.

People just keep getting dumber by the day it seems!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

kolanuraven said:
It was a move by that publisher of unbelieveable STUPIDITY to allow that to be printed. Any one with half a brain cell knows that Muhammed has never and is not to be represented in anyway.

People just keep getting dumber by the day it seems!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

So the religion of Islam can just dictate what the rest of the world does? So we don't hurt their precious feelings? I say phooey.

in my opinion the only way I will ever picture Muhammed is in the ring with one hand waving up high around his head, dancing, floating, and taunting his opponent to get up off the floor and take a few more shots.......

I wonder why the Muslims think they can go to any country they wish and demand that their religious wishes be followed. If they don't like how things are done in the Western world perhaps they should return to their country of origin.

kolanuraven said:
NO NO NO.......you guys can't see the forest for the trees!!!
YES YES YES.......we're just not as smart as you are, colon!!! :(

what offended him was that the cartoons were purposely provocative
I have yet to be able to find the cartoons uugggggg

BUT I remember the pictures of the american workers NOT soliders burned and hanging from that bridge while the group of animals burned the American flag was that NOT provocitive? That was published in every paper.......NO ONE was fired for taking that picture or publishing it.

Now 'x' there ya go acting like a 2 yr old....name calling . Why do you and those like you always resort to that.

I guess if you numb-nutz can do it...so can I

kolanuraven said:
Now 'x' there ya go acting like a 2 yr old....name calling . Why do you and those like you always resort to that.

I guess if you numb-nutz can do it...so can I
Two year olds don't know how to spell colon. They spell it k-o-l-a-n.

Your friend,
numb-nutz :lol:

Thanks for taking my back R2...but I think I am MORE than able to deal with these small thinkers here, and they know who they are!!!!

Some people just have the mind of a piss-ant....they can't help it. :lol2: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

reader (the Second) said:
Here we were getting along fine and now you and X are "yelling" at one another again.
We weren't really yelling. She knows better than to get on me. :D

When will western nations wake up to the fact that they had better empty their countries of all Muslims before they have no country left? These are more than children with hurt feelings; there are terrorists among the hundreds of thousands of Muslims in the free world that are bent on destruction of all "infidels" and whose only object is the elimination of western thought and freedoms.

Enough all ready!!

Deport all Muslims. Yeah, some innocent and peaceful Muslims may suffer because we can't separate them from their violent brothers, but unless they renounce the violent teachings of the Koran, they have no business living among a free people their religion instructs them to destroy.

Here's a story from the AP:

Syrians Torch Embassies Over Caricatures
By ALBERT AJI

Associated Press Writer

DAMASCUS, Syria (AP) -- Thousands of Syrians enraged by caricatures of Islam's revered prophet torched the Danish and Norwegian embassies in Damascus on Saturday - the most violent in days of furious protests by Muslims in Asia, Europe and the Middle East.

In Gaza, Palestinians marched through the streets, storming European buildings and burning German and Danish flags. Protesters smashed the windows of the German cultural center and threw stones at the European Commission building, police said.

Iraqis rallying by the hundreds demanded an apology from the European Union, and the leader of the Palestinian group Hamas called the cartoons "an unforgivable insult" that merited punishment by death.
Pakistan summoned the envoys of nine Western countries in protest, and even Europeans took to the streets in Denmark and Britain to voice their anger.

At the heart of the protest: 12 caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad first published in Denmark's Jyllands-Posten in September and reprinted in European media in the past week. One depicted the prophet wearing a turban shaped as a bomb with a burning fuse. The paper said it had asked cartoonists to draw the pictures because the media was practicing self-censorship when it came to Muslim issues.

The drawings have touched a raw nerve in part because Islamic law is interpreted to forbid any depictions of the Prophet Muhammad.

Aggravating the affront, Denmark's Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen has said repeatedly he cannot apologize for his country's free press. But other European leaders tried Saturday to calm the storm.
Germany's Chancellor Angela Merkel said she understood Muslims were hurt - though that did not justify violence.

"Freedom of the press is one of the great assets as a component of democracy, but we also have the value and asset of freedom of religion," Merkel told an international security conference in Munich, Germany.
The Vatican deplored the violence but said certain provocative forms of criticism were unacceptable.

"The right to freedom of thought and expression ... cannot entail the right to offend the religious sentiment of believers," the Vatican said in its first statement on the controversy.

British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw, who has criticized European media for reprinting the caricatures, said there was no justification for the violence in Damascus.

"We stand in solidarity with the Danish government in its call for calm and its demand that all its diplomats and diplomatic premises are properly protected. It's incumbent on the Syrian authorities to act in this regard."
But Denmark and Norway did not wait for more violence.

With their Damascus embassies up in flames, the foreign ministries advised their citizens to leave Syria without delay.

"It's horrible and totally unacceptable," Danish Foreign Minister Per Stig Moeller said on Danish public television Saturday.

No diplomats were injured in the Syrian violence, officials said. But Swedish Foreign Minister Laila Freivalds - whose country, along with Chile, has an embassy in the same building - said she would lodge a formal protest over the lack of security.

In Santiago, the Chilean Ministry of Foreign Affairs said the Chilean Embassy in Damascus was also torched but nobody was injured.
The demonstrations in Damascus began peacefully with protesters gathering outside the building housing the Danish Embassy. But they began throwing stones and eventually broke through police barricades. Some scrambled up concrete barriers protecting the embassy, climbed into the building and set a fire.

"With our blood and souls we defend you, O Prophet of God!" the demonstrators chanted. Some removed the Danish flag and replaced it with a green flag printed with the words: "There is no god but God and Muhammad is the messenger of God."

Demonstrators moved onto the Norwegian Embassy about 4 miles away, also setting fire to it before being dispersed by police using tear gas and water cannons. Hundreds of police and troops barricaded the road leading to the French Embassy, but protesters were able to break through briefly before fleeing from the force of water cannons.

In Gaza, masked gunmen affiliated with the Fatah Party called on the Palestinian Authority and Muslim nations to recall their diplomatic missions from Denmark until the government apologizes.

In the West Bank town of Hebron, about 50 Palestinians marched to the headquarters of the international observer mission there, burned a Danish flag and demanded a boycott of Danish goods.

"We will redeem our prophet Muhammad with our blood!" they chanted.
Mahmoud Zahar, leader of the militant Palestinian group Hamas, told the Italian daily Il Giornale the cartoonists should be punished by death.

We should have killed all those who offend the Prophet and instead here we are, protesting peacefully." he said.

Hundreds of Iraqis rallied south of Baghdad, some carrying banners urging "honest people all over the world to condemn this act" and demanding an EU apology.

Anger swelled in Europe, too. Young Muslims clashed briefly with police in Copenhagen, the Danish capital, and some 700 people rallied outside the Danish Embassy in London.

A South African court banned the country's Sunday newspapers from reprinting the cartoons.

Iran's president ordered his commerce minister to study canceling all trade contracts with European countries whose newspapers have published the caricatures, the official Islamic Republic News Agency reported.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said the caricatures showed the "impudence and rudeness" of Western newspapers against the prophet as well as the "maximum resentment of the Zionists (Jews) ruling these countries against Islam and Muslims."

The leaders of Indonesia, Malaysia and Pakistan denounced the publication of the caricatures. Pakistan's Foreign Ministry summoned nine envoys to lodge protests against the publication of the "blasphemous" sketches.
---
Associated Press writer Ibrahim Barzak in Gaza City, Gaza Strip, contributed to this report.
February 4, 2006
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/PROPHET_DRAWINGS?SITE=SDRAP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

I just watched the movie "Flight 93" on television. It makes you feel very emotional. How many other Americans would have died if not for the heroes on that plane?

We cannot fight those people on our level. Their life does not hold the meaning for them that ours does for us. We can't afford to worry about the innocents, just as they don't worry about the innocents.

Too bad. Awful, in fact, but they brought it on.

A dutch filmmaker produced a documentary about the Islamic culture's treatment of women. Guess what happened to him? Murdered in the streets of HIS OWN COUNTRY. By muslims, of course, because he dared to criticize their religion. How far can we go to accomodate these people? How long can we live in fear of stepping on their precious little toes while they decapitate our citizens on videotape and broadcast it to the world? This is more than a war on terrorism, it's a major clash between cultures. If someone in a free society wants to publish a caricature of ANYONE - prophet or not - they should be able to do so without embassies thousands of miles away being ransacked.

I brought this back in this thread. Sort of fits.

Subject: Bravo Australia!

CANBERRA: Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks. A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown. Treasurer Peter Costello hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular state and its laws were made by parliament. "If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you," he said on national television. "I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia, one the
Australian law and another the Islamic law, that this is false. If you can't
agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law, and have the opportunity to go to another country which practices it, perhaps, then, that's a better option," Costello said. Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked move to the other country. Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did not want to accept local values should "clear off". "Basically, people who don't want to be Australians, and they don't want to live by Australian values and understand them, well then they can basically clear off," he said. Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spies monitoring the nation's mosques.

BRITS, AMERICANS and CANADIANS.....
ARE YOU LISTENING?
This is Leadership with guts! Also, France banned reigious head-dress in their schools.

hmmmm red your a brave man calling a sweet woman a GRANNY ggeeshhhhh :wink:
Well I am the last of the baby boomers 63 and I see a BIG difference between people my age and those 3 or more years younger. The younger ones are all for if it feels good to you and no one gets hurt its ok. NOT all but a good majority.

Latest posts