• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

U.S. is already on the road to complete victory in Iraq

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Cal

Reaction score
National Security Adviser Outlines Progress in Iraq
By Samantha L. Quigley
American Forces Press Service

WASHINGTON, Dec. 4, 2005 – The U.S. is already on the road to complete victory in Iraq, the president's national security adviser told Sunday talk show hosts today.
"We do have a strategy and we think we're making progress" on the president's National Strategy for Victory in Iraq, Stephen Hadley said on "Fox News Sunday." He added that "this is a difficult thing that's being done."

Hadley said the subtitle of the strategy, unveiled Nov. 30, defined what the Bush administration considers a complete victory: "Helping the Iraqi People Defeat the Terrorists and Build an Inclusive Democratic State."

Hadley said Saddam Hussein loyalists, terrorists and rejectionists still try to derail the political process in the run-up to the elections on Dec. 15, "because they know the political process will be the end for them."

He added that with each election, more and more Iraqis have voted. "That's progress," he said. "That is the strategy for victory -- that and the training of the Iraqi security forces."

Hadley said progress got a boost from an unexpected source: wanted Jordanian terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

Zarqawi claimed his terrorist network was responsible for the Nov. 10 hotel bombings in Amman, Jordan, that killed 63 people and wounded hundreds. Those attacks raised the ire of the Muslim world and have changed the thinking of some Iraqis, Hadley said.

"Zarqawi's attack in Jordan has been a real catalyst in making clear the true methods of the terrorists and it has resulted in ... an increasing rejection of Zarqawi and the terrorists by Iraqis, he said on CNN's "Late Edition With Wolf Blitzer." "That's a very good thing. That's progress."

Everyone involved, including the Iraqis, would like to move to the next level, Hadley said on ABC's "This Week." He was very clear, however, that any decision by the president to withdraw troops be conditions-based. One condition is an Iraqi security force capable of securing its own country, he said.

"We think that if trends continue and we continue to make the progress, and the Iraqis continue to make ... progress, we will be in a position sometime next year for the commanders on the ground to make their assessments," Hadley said. "And it may be at that point that they will come to the president and say, 'We want to make some adjustments.'"

At the end of the day, Hadley said the U.S. can help the Iraqis defeat the terrorists and establish an inclusive democratic state. Ultimately, however, they've got to take the reigns, he said.

News Archive
http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Dec2005/20051204_3532.html

ROTFLMAO!

"At the end of the day, Hadley said the U.S. can help the Iraqis defeat the terrorists and establish an inclusive democratic state."

Spin, spin, spin. Mr Hadley would have us forget there weren't terrorists running around killing people in Iraq before George W. Bush decided to invade the country.

Disagreeable said:
ROTFLMAO!

"At the end of the day, Hadley said the U.S. can help the Iraqis defeat the terrorists and establish an inclusive democratic state."

Spin, spin, spin. Mr Hadley would have us forget there weren't terrorists running around killing people in Iraq before George W. Bush decided to invade the country.

Yea it was. It was Saddams "Thugs" running around killing people in Iraq. They were the worst kind of terrorists. How many? Only God knows.

My, how our minds get cloudy with hatred when you have the left agenda to perpetuate. :???:

Mike said:
Disagreeable said:
ROTFLMAO!

Yea it was. It was Saddams "Thugs" running around killing people in Iraq. They were the worst kind of terrorists. How many? Only God knows.

My, how our minds get cloudy with hatred when you have the left agenda to perpetuate. :???:

My mind is quite clear. Saddam's thugs weren't "terrorists". They were the Iraqi government agents. They were very much like the Iraqi Army units today that are going out and killing Sunnis or anyone who disagrees with the Shiite plan to bust up Iraq. The main difference is that today your tax dollars are paying them to kill innocent people. Are you proud?

My mind is quite clear.
Yeah – and so are John Kerry's and Ramsey Clarks'.
Saddam's thugs weren't "terrorists". They were the Iraqi government agents.
Not unlike Hitler's brown shirts. Weren't they "just doing their job" too?
They were very much like the Iraqi Army units today that are going out and killing Sunnis or anyone who disagrees with the Shiite plan to bust up Iraq. The main difference is that today your tax dollars are paying them to kill innocent people. Are you proud?
While your mind is so clear, give us a little documentation for these charges. I knew you were crazed by your hatred of GW Bush before, but you have gone completely over the edge with your excuses for Saddam and his brutal requiem at the expense of our government fighting these murderous Islamic terrorists. What a lunatic.

Saddam's thugs weren't "terrorists". They were the Iraqi government agents

the agents and thier leader you support (over our president)

Killed Babies, Raped woman, tortured, maimed, murdered millions, yet you continue to make excuses for him, why????????

Pretty soon, Dis is going to join the rest of the far left wackjobs and claim 9/11 was orchestrated by the Bush Administration or as part of a Zionist conspiracy. :lol:

Liberty Belle said:
My mind is quite clear.
Yeah – and so are John Kerry's and Ramsey Clarks'.
Saddam's thugs weren't "terrorists". They were the Iraqi government agents.
Not unlike Hitler's brown shirts. Weren't they "just doing their job" too?
They were very much like the Iraqi Army units today that are going out and killing Sunnis or anyone who disagrees with the Shiite plan to bust up Iraq. The main difference is that today your tax dollars are paying them to kill innocent people. Are you proud?
While your mind is so clear, give us a little documentation for these charges. I knew you were crazed by your hatred of GW Bush before, but you have gone completely over the edge with your excuses for Saddam and his brutal requiem at the expense of our government fighting these murderous Islamic terrorists. What a lunatic.

I recently posted an article quoting the Vice President of Iraq as saying the military and police were using their authority to settle old scores and kill Sunnis. You probably didn't bother to read it because you don't want to hear anything that doesn't agree with your beliefs.

You're a dishonest person. I've never defended Saddam. He's a thug and a murderous tyrant. But it makes me very angry that my country, the United States of America, is defending, supporting, financing groups that murder and torture innocent civilians.

I do believe you're confused here. :roll: Our troops are mostly fighing Iraqi insurgents. People who object to their country being occupied by a foreign government (the US). The people killing Iraqis almost every day in car bombs are mostly from other countries and I don't know that anyone is fighting them. If they are, they're not very successful.

Steve said:
Saddam's thugs weren't "terrorists". They were the Iraqi government agents

the agents and thier leader you support (over our president)

Killed Babies, Raped woman, tortured, maimed, murdered millions, yet you continue to make excuses for him, why????????

I've never defended Saddam. But you make claims that aren't true. Bush took us to war in Iraq because he claimed Saddam had WMDs, not because he was a bad man. I do my best to point out the spin when I see it.

mp.freelance said:
Pretty soon, Dis is going to join the rest of the far left wackjobs and claim 9/11 was orchestrated by the Bush Administration or as part of a Zionist conspiracy. :lol:

Oh I'm very clear on who's responsible for 9-11 and he's still running around free somewhere in Afghanistan. But Bush used the deaths of thousands of Americans to go after Saddam, even though he knew from the first that Saddm wasn't involved.

Latest posts