• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

U.S. vigilante group targets Canada

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Silver

Reaction score
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 Updated at 8:56 PM EST

Associated Press

Washington — A civilian patrol group that has been monitoring the Mexican border for illegal immigrants wants to expand its mission to the Canadian border, organizers said Tuesday.

Minuteman Project leaders said their volunteers alerted U.S. authorities to more than 330 cases this month of illegal immigrants crossing into the United States across a 37-kilometre stretch of Arizona's southern border. Now they plan to extend their patrol along the rest of the border with Mexico and are helping organize similar efforts in four states that neighbour Canada.

"In the absence of the federal government doing its mandated duty to secure our borders, we will pick up the slack. Reluctantly," said Chris Simcox, a Minuteman co-organizer who also operates Civil Homeland Defense, another Arizona group that monitors illegal immigration.

"We shouldn't have to be doing this," Mr. Simcox said in Washington, where he was to meet with legislators Wednesday.

"But at this point, we will continue to grow this operation — also to the northern border."

Mr. Simcox offered no timeline to indicate when the Canadian border patrol might begin its rounds in Idaho, Michigan, North Dakota and Vermont.

A spokesman for the U.S. Border Patrol did not return a call for comment Tuesday.

"We're not supportive of vigilantes," said Dan Whiting, spokesman for U.S. Senator Larry Craig, an Idaho

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good for them. Personally I have no intention of trying to enter the US for any reason, legally or otherwise. I lived in Quebec near the Vermont border for 4 years, seems kind of silly to patrol the Vermont border when most of the immigrant smuggling happens through the Mohawk reserve between Ontario/Quebec and New York.

I know a few ranchers that wish they would patrol and fix fences along the border because they wouldn't be to busy with illegals in this part of the country.

Big Muddy rancher said:
I know a few ranchers that wish they would patrol and fix fences along the border because they wouldn't be to busy with illegals in this part of the country.

Well hell, if you could just teach those illegals to fix fence it would solve everything! :)

Maple Leaf Angus said:
Cal said:
Well hell, if you could just teach those illegals to fix fence it would solve everything! :)

Ya but, which side would they have to fix them from? :)

I was thinking along those lines when I posted this. Never heard of a problem of Canadian illegals sneaking across looking for a better life. Maybe they want to stop the exodus of americans leaving without paying their taxes? :???:

Hmmm maybe that's it. Trying to stop all the American soldiers and marines from coming North to avoid dying in GW's war. Kind of a modern-day press gang. Maybe they should just volunteer to take their place in Iraq instead

Allright, just what we needed, another ankle biting Canadian desperately distorting reality to degrade the US. Right on Dale, we can never get enough contributions like yours.

Brad S said:
Allright, just what we needed, another ankle biting Canadian desperately distorting reality to degrade the US. Right on Dale, we can never get enough contributions like yours.

What's the old saying Brad? "Misery loves company"? This is pretty much what this board has denigrated to, -A USA BASHING PARTY.

I guess it's a way for some Canadians to "VENT" their frustrations.
Has me biting my lip sometimes.

There's lots of nation bashing to go around here by ankle biters north and south of the line. The reason I posted this thread to start with was because I was disgusted by the arrogance and ignorance of these minute men that want to patrol the 49th parallel. Thats ankle biting at it's finest.

While your reasoning for posting may be suspect, you did omit a key statement from the original story. and part of the reasoning for the organization deciding to add patrols to our northern border.

The U.S. northern border along Canada is twice as long as the southern border along Mexico. Customs officials caught a man with explosives trying to enter Washington state from Canada in December 1999 in what has become known as the millennium terrorist plot.

While it easy to become defensive and poke fun at the patrolling of a friendly border that is seldom in need of patrolling, Some people in trying times need to be involved and make an effort to solve problems, and I feel that by them being involved is better then doing nothing and whining later that someone should have tried something,,

I would like to say that if any so-called american wishes to defect to Canada, then good ridance, but if the Canadians don't want them they should create thier own border patrol, or deport them to North Korea, or some other warm welcoming country, like Iran,,

I think most in Canada forget that the US and the free world is in a major World War against the Muslim extremists-- we have seen many changes in the US since 911 and we will see many more before we WIN this war... Many in the states see that two of our former allies- Mexico and Canada- have been very laxidaisical and in some ways outright axis to our situation......

These people want to kill Americans and any free system we have-- they will go to any means to do so-- be it suicidal, biological, ecomomical or nuclear...And they will use whatever way to get into the states to do it and take anyone standing in their way......

Us immigration program is 10 years behind - but that said Mexico has absolutely no immigration program which allows any sheethead that wants in- in... Canadas is not much better- and Ottawa has given few assurances of making it better....

One of the best protections we have in many parts of this great country is the individual citizen that still has the right to pack a 45 on his hip and to be the eyes and ears of what our so-called good neighbor countries refuse to do.... I'd love to see the Minutemen Project shut down both borders-- not only for terrorists coming across, but for the contraband....

1 in 5 US prison inmates is an illegal from mexico, and some ankle biting Canadian wants to ridicule people that are frustrated by the border situation.

Oldtimer said:
I think most in Canada forget that the US and the free world is in a major World War against the Muslim extremists-- we have seen many changes in the US since 911 and we will see many more before we WIN this war... Many in the states see that two of our former allies- Mexico and Canada- have been very laxidaisical and in some ways outright axis to our situation......

These people want to kill Americans and any free system we have-- they will go to any means to do so-- be it suicidal, biological, ecomomical or nuclear...And they will use whatever way to get into the states to do it and take anyone standing in their way......

Us immigration program is 10 years behind - but that said Mexico has absolutely no immigration program which allows any sheethead that wants in- in... Canadas is not much better- and Ottawa has given few assurances of making it better....

One of the best protections we have in many parts of this great country is the individual citizen that still has the right to pack a 45 on his hip and to be the eyes and ears of what our so-called good neighbor countries refuse to do.... I'd love to see the Minutemen Project shut down both borders-- not only for terrorists coming across, but for the contraband....

Your making my blood boil again with your pathetic ramblings. I know I should take a walk before I write this but Im not.
Canada is spending billions on border security, we are doing our share. We have not trained any pilots to fly into tall buildings. You did. You are so anxious to tell us all how superior you guys are to the rest of the world and yet you have know idea what the rest of the world is really about. Do some research before you shoot your mouth off. Maybe you should ask yourself why it is that you are constantly the target of these people. What makes them pick you? Perhaps 50 years of an overly agressive foreign policy has something to do with it. I know.... how can any country not appreciate what you have done for them, right? BS. That attitude makes me sick. Maybe the best thing for the whole world would be for you to build one big wall around your little country and keep to yourselves. Then all your wonderfully incitefull little protectionist / isolationist ideas will really have a chance to show their merit.
I have a feeling my country may be safer WITHOUT your country. I know you feel like you carry the free world on your back, I hear you whine about that all the time. But thats just not the way it is. You need to get out more.
911 was a kick in the groin. I know you gotta get those guys. Go hard. I just refuse to be looked down upon because I'm not a target.
I'd like to see the minute men close the border down too... at least to keep people like you from ever coming here.

When a U'S army vet comes online and denigrates the bravery and integrity of Canadians I'll put some value in the words-as for this it's just babbling from stay-at-homers on both sides of border. OT what the U'S failed to realize in WWII for three years was that Canada was fighting a greater evil without any troops from them-my Dad spilled his blood over there he had alot to say about that situation.

Who's on first- No, who's on second :lol: Who is patrolling Canada's borders :???: :?

May 4, 2005

Last modified May 4, 2005 - 9:29 am

Border shooting highlights confusion over security
By JEREMY HAINSWORTH
Associated Press

VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- A Canadian customs union says a fatal shooting in northwestern Montana, just a short distance from a U.S.-Canada border crossing, has highlighted confusion surrounding security along the world's longest unarmed border.

Sheriff deputies from Montana's Lincoln County were dispatched to the Roosville border crossing between British Columbia and Montana after reports of gunfire on Saturday. Robert Donald Mast, 42, of Eureka, was found dead several feet from the Canadian border in the United States.

Eureka, Mont., police later stopped Wayne Allen Hixon, 51, also of Eureka, who was coming from the border area. He is being held without bail on a murder charge.

The border crossing was closed for an hour after the incident.

On the northern side of the border, Canadian customs officials called the nearby Royal Canadian Mounted Police for assistance when the shooting broke out, said Ron Moran of the Customs Excise Union Douanes Accise, the union representing Canadian customs officers.

Gunfire so close to the customs office alarmed the unarmed officers, Moran said. He said the incident indicates the need for a dedicated, Canadian armed service to act as a backup for customs officers and to patrol the border.

"There is nobody on the Canadian side patrolling the Canadian border," he said, adding that the job nominally falls to the Mounties.

RCMP Sgt. Gilles Deziel, however, denied that border patrols are the Mounties' responsibility. That falls to the Canada Border Services Agency, he said from the RCMP's Ottawa headquarters.

Agency spokeswoman Paula Shore said it was the RCMP's responsibility but added that border services agents patrol as part of the Integrated Border Enforcement teams.

Twenty-three such teams exist across Canada, said Alex Swann, director of communications for Canadian Deputy Prime Minister Anne McLellan, the minister for public security. The teams consist of members from RCMP, the border agency and local police among other agencies, he said.

Moran said the situation along the 4,000-mile border has become a "bureaucratic football."

"The bottom line is nobody's doing the work," he said. "There is definitely mass confusion in terms of financing, in terms of mandate, in terms of jurisdiction."

The U.S. side of the border is monitored by armed agents, though far fewer than are posted along the Mexican border.

Yes, Canada very likely should do more to make sure the border is secure from the lawlessness from the south. Obviously there is an element there that we don't want here.
Seriously though, this is one area where I think a 'North American Security' perimeter could be established with Canada and the US at least. Seems like if we could work together to keep out the 'enemy', our domestic border crossers become that much less of an issue of concern, and a lot more resources could be devoted to the continents 'outer parimeter'. Just a thought.

Silver, would like to take issue with your statement "what makes them pick you?" We're the main thing standing in the way of them(Muslim Extremists) advancing their radical agenda, and as soon as they could kill us if we'd let them, they'd turn their attention to you. To appease is to let them gain strength. We've taken countries back from their control and held free elections. I'm proud of the democracies that exist in the world today because we stuck our nose in where it wasn't wanted. Just wish the clock could be turned back and the troops could have had the support needed to cinch things up in Nam. Thank the "Peaceniks" for that one.
Just so noone forgets, we've never gone to war with a democracy, and neither are people starving to death in one either.

Silver said:
Yes, Canada very likely should do more to make sure the border is secure from the lawlessness from the south. Obviously there is an element there that we don't want here.
Seriously though, this is one area where I think a 'North American Security' perimeter could be established with Canada and the US at least. Seems like if we could work together to keep out the 'enemy', our domestic border crossers become that much less of an issue of concern, and a lot more resources could be devoted to the continents 'outer parimeter'. Just a thought.

Silver- I agree.... But until the Mexican government puts a clamp on their borders-- allowing in ANYONE- and then producing and distributing video tapes to teach ANYONE how to smuggle themselves into the States (so they can send back greenbacks)or plant suitcase nukes---and Canada keeps taking ANYONE who claims they have refugee status without doing background checks - many of which are foreign agents that just "disappear" to do the same....WE in the USA will be in this war alone-- which means we are also fighting our so called North American "good neighbors"- and have to patrol the borders to keep out what they refuse to turn away ..... Many of our terrorist and immigration problems could be handled if only our neighbors- north and south- would clamp down-- but they refuse, and it builds an evergrowing protectionist and isolationist movement.....

All I hear from Canadians, "Ol Two-country Tam", and see from the Canooks on Agriville is bitching about the forts we're building on the border- the credential checks, record checks, and possibly passport requirements--- Reason is that our longtime protection to the north- our neighbors- have dropped the ball due to their Liberal attitudes.....I don't think many to the north reallize the seriousness of this War-- or the danger thats out there........

My sister retired in December as a Special Agent with the FBI- her expertise is Terrorism- she is still instructing classes thruout the country....Altho much of whats happening she can't reveal-- We all live in a much more dangerous world than Canada will admit to...........

Latest posts