• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

unemployment up

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Oldtimer said:
Tam said:
Oldtimer said:
When you can make $12,000-clear $10,000 a month (and in many cases board and room are furnished) - you can leave your family home and send them money... Many have been doing it in the Alaska and Canadian oil patchs for years...

Or you can be like Sage said to do- stay in Texas, whine and draw retraining money and unemployment from the taxpayers... (I can't believe our government is spending $ retraining 70 year olds?)...

You really are a fool Oldtimer if you think hundreds of lonely men living in man camps, vehicles and tents is a good way to keep a family strong and a community safe.. :roll:

Tam- you selectively left this part of my post out :

Thing is- you don't have to live in the middle of the patch...I know many that live in Glasgow-- even some that live in Miles City, Havre, and Chinook- work 4 12's- then come home for 3 days...Live in company provided mancamps when working- and don't pay for a thing unless they buy a 6 pack in the evening...

And hundreds of the jobs open- are in towns all over the state to replace all the locals that did take jobs in the patch... Mechanic jobs everywhere...Some Ag and vehicle shops are even offering training.. Even many of the patch support jobs- aren't right in the middle of it...One firm is trucking fracing sand from Wolf Point where its unloaded- to the old Base where its being stored....
Several new rail ports and sidings being put in- 100+ miles from Williston...

DAMN! Old Slimer, I bet this has BOTH of your legs tingling! Just think of all the man sex to be had at these locations! Right up your alley! :wink:

So your taking advantage of this 10K to 12K a month aren't you? If not why not? You living off the tax payers dime in retirement? Or is your current situation not worth leaving for the big money? If they are starving for help, surely they wouldn't overlook you.

It is a pity that we just don't open up drilling throughout the US so that people could have jobs close to where their families are.

Many have moved, otherwise how can you explain the lack of housing you keep talking about. Some people may have dependents.

I would like to live anywhere but where I do. I moved back here to an area that was extremely limited on opportunity for me. But I will stay right where I am so that my oldest daughter has her dad like she should. Ever think about these things? How much of America is divorced with children split custody?

Or people that have parents that need assistance? Met several of those over the years.

It is great the economy is good there. Now ask yourself why? Then ask why your god has hindered that opportunity for the rest of the country. And you act like you don't like corruption. Punks like you thrive on it. You get to scream for more policing. How about take the control away from the idiot and the problem will fix itself. You can then go see what's happening in your own bedroom and report that to Andy.

okfarmer said:
It is a pity that we just don't open up drilling throughout the US so that people could have jobs close to where their families are.
It is great the economy is good there. Now ask yourself why? Then ask why your god has hindered that opportunity for the rest of the country.

oldtimer are you saying drill baby drill? why isn't this happening all over America?

Tam said:
Oldtimer said:
Tam said:
You really are a fool Oldtimer if you think hundreds of lonely men living in man camps, vehicles and tents is a good way to keep a family strong and a community safe.. :roll:

Thing is- you don't have to live in the middle of the patch...I know many that live in Glasgow-- even some that live in Miles City, Havre, and Chinook- work 4 12's- then come home for 3 days...Live in company provided mancamps when working- and don't pay for a thing unless they buy a 6 pack in the evening...

And hundreds of the jobs open- are in towns all over the state to replace all the locals that did take jobs in the patch... Mechanic jobs everywhere...Some Ag and vehicle shops are even offering training.. Even many of the patch support jobs- aren't right in the middle of it...One firm is trucking fracing sand from Wolf Point where its unloaded- to the old Base where its being stored....

You were talking about man camps and I responded to your comment about guys living in Man Camps and somehow I SELECTIVELY left out the part I commented about. :roll:

Do yourself a favor look at the crime rates in Williston with the increase of man camps. Rape has gone up in Williston so don't try tell us the guys are having their six packs and falling fast asleep like good little boys. I have also heard about the horrible drug problems in the camps so not all of the guys are buying six packs Oldtimer. :roll: The more people that move in the more small towns will be effected by the lonely men with a pocket full of money.

BTW What do you think the divorce rate is in the oil patch Oldtimer? In Canada, Alberta had the highest divorce rate a few years ago and why do you think that was Oldtimer? I guessing drunk and drugged up men living in man camps doing whatever they have to to get through the long lonely nights while their wives are living alone raising the family.

So your good conservative answer is we should quit drilling for oil- and everyone without a job should stop looking and stay on unemployment until the job finds them :???:

Here I thought the conservative platform was for folks to get off their dead arse and go out and find a job and not lay around on the taxpayers dime like you propose :???: ....

If you remember back when Hoover let the bankers bankrupt the country before and we got the Great Depression- there was a large migration of folks from the areas of no work to those where there was....

Hundreds of thousands of folks migrated to this part of the country- and lived in shantytowns (Park Grove, New Deal, Wheeler, Square Deal, Galpin, McCone City, etc. ,etc) to work for a few bucks a day (lots less in comparison to patch wages) building Fort Peck Dam...And there was more crime-and drugs & booze- and prostitution-- but even local folks were happy to have a job- and a lot of business's were built from those days by anyone with a little ambition and are still in operation today...In fact one just burned down the other day- the Gateway Bar & Cafe (the Best Dam Bar by a Damsite :wink: )....

If I was young just starting out with a family- the last thing I would do is sit in an area where there were no jobs- or outlook for jobs- and live off the taxpayer (I've never drawn unemployment)-- I'd move lock stock and barrel to somewhere where there is a very good prospect of jobs for the next 10-20 years - and opportunity for advancement is unlimited (a young fellow that started with the oil business working rigs 20 years ago- and worked his way up is now building a Million + $ log house on Duck Creek bay)...

Like I said- you don't have to live in or even work in the patch-- the employment office is advertising hundreds of jobs a day to replace the local people that went for the gold in the oil fields...And the oil folks say they need 50,000+ more workers building the infrastructure to go with the years of production ...One of the reason housing is so short in ND is they don't have enough workers to put up the houses- but its coming about slowly... We shouldn't have that problem here as the patch keeps moving west as there are probably close to a 1000 housing units sitting empty at St. Marie (former Air Force Base) about 250 are now occupied... Last I saw they were selling for about $20,000 a unit....

Or like your proposal Tam- you can lay around- let the government pay your way- and wait for a job to find you-... :roll:

ot I am NOT from Texas so dont put my Dad here. I guess since he paid unemployment for 50 years he cant get some back after he lost over 1/4 of his retirement when obama came into office.
Unlike you who live on the reservation, who gets more funding from the government than my dad did and I know he paid more into it than you ever could.

Also after working at white collar jobs to raise his family with a couple moves by IBM. He now wants to work and is not too pridefull to take the jobs no one wants. And yes as a 70 year old he had to do retraining since he is not able to do heavy lifting but wants to keep working ....too bad we cant bottle his work ethic and give it to you and those like you.

MsSage said:
Unlike you who live on the reservation, who gets more funding from the government than my dad did and I know he paid more into it than you ever could.

WRONG Sage-- I do not live on the reservation-- and even if I did, I'm not a tribal member so would not get any government funding... Unless Prussian German becomes recognized as a new tribe.... :lol:

Lonecowboy said:
okfarmer said:
It is great the economy is good there. Now ask yourself why? Then ask why your god has hindered that opportunity for the rest of the country.

oldtimer are you saying drill baby drill? why isn't this happening all over America?

Ohhhh Ohhhh let me answer this one, please, let me!!!!!!

THERE ISN'T OIL ALL OVER AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Idiot!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tam said:
Oldtimer said:
Tam said:

You were talking about man camps and I responded to your comment about guys living in Man Camps and somehow I SELECTIVELY left out the part I commented about. :roll:

Do yourself a favor look at the crime rates in Williston with the increase of man camps. Rape has gone up in Williston so don't try tell us the guys are having their six packs and falling fast asleep like good little boys. I have also heard about the horrible drug problems in the camps so not all of the guys are buying six packs Oldtimer. :roll: The more people that move in the more small towns will be effected by the lonely men with a pocket full of money.

BTW What do you think the divorce rate is in the oil patch Oldtimer? In Canada, Alberta had the highest divorce rate a few years ago and why do you think that was Oldtimer? I guessing drunk and drugged up men living in man camps doing whatever they have to to get through the long lonely nights while their wives are living alone raising the family.

something tells me that you, Tam, are safe from rape!!!! REALLY SAFE!!

jingo2 said:
Lonecowboy said:
okfarmer said:

Ohhhh Ohhhh let me answer this one, please, let me!!!!!!

THERE ISN'T OIL ALL OVER AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Idiot!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Exactly, that is what I was telling ot. I said he couldn't claim the economy had rebounded by increased drilling in MT. It will take a heck of a lot more than a few drilling rigs to crank up to bring the unemployment down.

Oldtimer said:
If I was young just starting out with a family- the last thing I would do is sit in an area where there were no jobs- or outlook for jobs- and live off the taxpayer (I've never drawn unemployment)-- I'd move lock stock and barrel to somewhere where there is a very good prospect of jobs for the next 10-20 years - and opportunity for advancement is unlimited (a young fellow that started with the oil business working rigs 20 years ago- and worked his way up is now building a Million + $ log house on Duck Creek bay)...

So it is still possible for a young guy just starting out to work hard and become "rich"....is that what you are saying?

Doesn't sound like the "Bush Bust" is treating people too bad, or at least as not as bad as the OWS protesters are making it out to sound.

Corporations and oil companies don't seem to be taking as much of an advantage of folks/employees as you have contended in the past, eh?

jingo2 said:
Tam said:
Oldtimer said:

Damn Jingo-- I just lost half a good hot toddy spit all over the monitor on that one... :lol:

But it is comical how the same person that screamed about anyone even talking about rape and pillage- is the first to bring it up and whine when they actually awaken and see the real world.......

Oldtimer said:
jingo2 said:
Tam said:

Damn Jingo-- I just lost half a good hot toddy spit all over the monitor on that one... :lol:

But it is comical how the same person that screamed about anyone even talking about rape and pillage- is the first to bring it up and whine when they actually awaken and see the real world.......

I must have missed where Tam brought it up, she did mention men living away from home and the affect it might have on families.

Oldtimer said:
jingo2 said:
Tam said:

Besides being a Hypocrit rather than an exposer- you don't read or comprehend good either...But whats new? :wink: :lol:

Tam
Do yourself a favor look at the crime rates in Williston with the increase of man camps. Rape has gone up in Williston so don't try tell us the guys are having their six packs and falling fast asleep like good little boys. I have also heard about the horrible drug problems in the camps so not all of the guys are buying six packs Oldtimer. The more people that move in the more small towns will be effected by the lonely men with a pocket full of money.

OT, you are really a piece of ****. seriously, and absolute waste of sperm. you blow about being a good man, and doing the right thing, then get on here and make a jackass out of yourself.... if I were Tams father / husband / brother / son I would hunt you down and beat the holy dog snot out of you.... you don't treat women like this. you are a real dick. rot in hell ass wipe.

but first, appologize.

My gosh if there are any millionaires up there they are probably serial rapists, imagine how many pockets full of money they have.

Oldtimer said:
Oldtimer said:
jingo2 said:

Besides being a Hypocrit rather than an exposer- you don't read or comprehend good either...But whats new? :wink: :lol:

Tam
Do yourself a favor look at the crime rates in Williston with the increase of man camps. Rape has gone up in Williston so don't try tell us the guys are having their six packs and falling fast asleep like good little boys. I have also heard about the horrible drug problems in the camps so not all of the guys are buying six packs Oldtimer. The more people that move in the more small towns will be effected by the lonely men with a pocket full of money.

"unless I missed it", which appears to be the case.....

.....how does that make me a "hypocrite"?

I clearly outlined that I might have missed it.........

You are so easy to make a fool out of OT......

Oldtimer said:
who's only idea of discussion is to make false personal attacks and call the messenger names .... :(

How's that for "hypocritexposing", but I can't take credit for that, you make it too easy and expose yourself, quite frequently.....

hypocritexposer said:
TSR said:
My gosh if there are any millionaires up there they are probably serial rapists, imagine how many pockets full of money they have.

Is that supposed to be a funny.......?

Take it any way you want but the phrase "(e)ffected by lonely men with pockets full of money" seems to imply that if you have a lot of money and are lonely then you are subject to being a rapist.

TSR said:
hypocritexposer said:
TSR said:

Is that supposed to be a funny.......?

Take it any way you want but the phrase "(e)ffected by lonely men with pockets full of money" seems to imply that if you have a lot of money and are lonely then you are subject to being a rapist.

so do all the "rich" rape.......

once again, you will need to define "rich" to answer this question......is it your neighbour that owns 1000 acres, or the one on the other side that owns 3000.

which one are you referring to?

Maybe some laws should be passed, so we could look at who has more debt and who is truly "rich", so we can profile them properly.......

Latest posts