• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Up coming Nashville vacation.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

alabama

Reaction score
We are taking a vacation to Nashville mid September from Saturday through Thursday. The kids are watching the farm and promise to tag calves and watch the calving. I cannot believe I agreed to vacation during calving. But the reason we are going is that we have been invited to watch a country music CD being made. They are going to record on Wednesday and mix on Thursday. The producer is a friend of ours and was Marty Robbins steel player for many years. Also in the band will be Elvis's drummer along with several other artists from famous old country bands. So that is why I am taking off during calving. I must be crazy. :???:
This will be my first vacation I can ever remember that was not a working trip.
So Saturday Night at 9:00 is the grand old opry front row seats right in the middle. Y'all look for me on TV 8) .They have not booked the acts but I am confident it should be good.
Sunday night is the dinner theater.
I am looking for other activates to plan.
What are some must do things in Nashville?

alabama said:
We are taking a vacation to Nashville mid September from Saturday through Thursday. The kids are watching the farm and promise to tag calves and watch the calving. I cannot believe I agreed to vacation during calving. But the reason we are going is that we have been invited to watch a country music CD being made. They are going to record on Wednesday and mix on Thursday. The producer is a friend of ours and was Marty Robbins steel player for many years. Also in the band will be Elvis's drummer along with several other artists from famous old country bands. So that is why I am taking off during calving. I must be crazy. :???:
So Saturday Night at 9:00 is the grand old opry front row seats right in the middle. Y'all look for me on TV 8) .They have not booked the acts but I am confident it should be good.

I used to be in the music business in Nashville.

I'd rather spend time watching paint dry than to do what you will be doing...........................

Mike said:
alabama said:

I'd rather spend time watching paint dry than to do what you will be doing...........................

Good thing you're NOT taking Mikey along................ :roll: :roll:

wild horse saloon was kinda cool,Terri Clark came in there at midnight one night i was there and pulled up a stool and started playing,the CMT buiding was cool also,then there is the Ryman Auditorium,Opryland Hotel also,Are you staying there?? it has if i remember right 9 acres of gardens under the roof

And there is the Nashville Symphony.........don't know what they may be doing at that time, if anything, but you might be surprised at how good that is to see and hear.......even for an old cowboy and his wife who are not easily impressed with 'highbrow' stuff!

Granted, it was their Valentine concert we attended, and the symphony was paired with a great Blue Grass band in 2007.........but there were people dressed in everything from lumberjack clothes to silks and diamonds........and that was the guys!!!!

Seriously, it was all wonderful, with the time divided between light music by the symphony.........and my cousin had a clarinet solo which was flawless, IMO, and half of it was symphony paired with the Blue Grass band which was great fun and wonderful music.

The new symphony hall is awsome, too. There just has to be lots of other great things to see and do there. We have never had enough time there to do much as we would have liked.

mrj

Mike said:
[

what a ray of sunshine !!

Sunday night is the Nashville nightlife dinner theater. we are also lined up to visit the hall of fame.

alabama said:
Sunday night is the Nashville nightlife dinner theater. we are also lined up to visit the hall of fame.

Don't forget to go and eat a steak at the "Stockyard".

Mike said:
alabama said:

I sure will. Can you tell me where it is?

alabama said:
Mike said:
alabama said:

I sure will. Can you tell me where it is?

http://stock-yardrestaurant.com/

2nd Ave.

Be sure and make it into the lounge after dinner. No telling who might be there.

I used to go dancing there regularly, until one night I stepped on my hand. :lol:

It sounds like an interesting event to me watching the recording and mixer process. The last time I went to Nashville was to a nursing conference which kept me stuck in classes and they WERE a bore!
We stayed in the Opryland Hotel and only on the last day was I sort of able to find my way around that huge hotel- a most confusingly warren of wings and hallways.
Have a great trip! Now what happens when you return home and find you weren't needed?? :wink:

After the opry Saturday night we are going to E T Troub Theatre next to his record shop. It is supose to be free but a don't miss place to be.
And diner one night at the Longhorn.

Latest posts