• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Updated our site...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

RSL

Reaction score
Finally updated the genetics page on our site.
http://roundrock.ranchingsystems.com/
click on the "Our Genetics" tab at the top. These are most of the bulls we have used over the last several years.

Great looking site Sean, hadn't seen it in awhile. THe old Dodge D600 looks pretty interesting........ :wink:

I may have to come for a visit one of these days and get a first hand look at your water systems. We're getting ready to drill that well and set up a system with solar/wind, and I'd like to look at some of yours first.

Never used creep feed ever if that is what you mean. We haven't even fed grain in the last 3 or 4 years, even to our backgrounding calves.

I am aware of their programs and practices, and also their professionalism and how their cattle work for us. We don't pay much attention to actual performance on a given ranch because most are pretty different from how we run (and probably have to be in order to sell bulls).
We look for AN bulls that have a BWT EPD under 2.5, WW of around 35, 40 pounds of PWG, and milk in the teens. We look for a good functional mom, specific bloodlines, structure and control of frame size and we don't buy bulls that don't have carcass information behind them. On the SM side, we can handle more BWT and look for more growth, frame and carcass yield.
Most importantly in our experience, the operations we deal with have treated us well, and I think vice versa.
I wouldn't mind seeing what you do CA, as you can't be too far from my part of the world.

Latest posts