• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

US Government "food pyramid" further debunked

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Traveler

Reaction score
Atkins vindicated again.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/11/the_case_for_the_government_food_pyramid_takes_another_blow.html

That food pyramid was foolish from the get-go. It totally turned upside down what we had been taught for years.
Meat used to be the basic food on the bottom, not grain foods, grain foods were on the peak. Food pyramid had grain as the most
desirable on the bottom tier and meat at the very top.
The old Basic 4 food groups was much better, and is what I grew up with. I never did believe in the food pyramid. Thanks for posting, Traveler.
NO Thanks again, government.

Faster horses said:
That food pyramid was foolish from the get-go. It totally turned upside down what we had been taught for years.
Meat used to be the basic food on the bottom, not grain foods, grain foods were on the peak. Food pyramid had grain as the most
desirable on the bottom tier and meat at the very top.
The old Basic 4 food groups was much better, and is what I grew up with. I never did believe in the food pyramid. Thanks for posting, Traveler.
NO Thanks again, government.
Thanks for commenting. It's suspicious, imo, when cheeseburgers are the first thing to be demonized.......pizza, not so much.

Seems like 'govt' may be using the hallowed food pyramid to get rid some of the surpluses they keep encouraging farmers to produce more of......grains/bread. Ranchers have had to work pretty hard to get beef recognized as what it is...….a top-notch food for humans!

mrj

It does seem odd that grains have long been touted by govt agencies as 'healthful', while beef has to have someone either write a book detailing their own diet successes from eating a high meat diet, or do our own research and point out that beef is one of very few foods people choose on their own to eat at, or below the recommended amounts, while those govt agencies and 'health guru's' seem to claims tha't too many people over eat beef.

mrj

Latest posts