• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Vaccinating cows, February 8th.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Cowseatingandcowswaitingtobefed.jpg

Cows eating and cows waiting to be fed
Theoldredbarnwasoncered.jpg

The old red barn was once red.
Cattleonthemove.jpg

Cattle on the move
GooseLake.jpg

Goose Lake
GeeseonGooseLake.jpg

Geese on Goose Lake
Workingcattle.jpg

Working cattle
Puttingthecowsintothenextcorral.jpg

Putting the cows into the next corral
Gettingreadytovaccinateagain.jpg

Getting ready to vaccinate again
Agoodcrewatwork.jpg

A good crew at work
ThesecorralsareaboutasoldasIam.jpg

These corrals are about as old as I am, but they work good.
Saddletrampkeepsthecattleflowing.jpg

Saddletramp keeps the cattle flowing.
MydadsGreenValleyRanch.jpg

My dad's ranch buildings
Mydadsplaceatsundown.jpg

My dad's place at sundown. Saddltramp's house is on the right.
Thedayendsinablazeofglory.jpg

The day ends in a blaze of glory.
Sunsetoverthetrees.jpg

Sunset over the trees
Thedayisaboutgone.jpg

The day is about gone.

Very nice pictures your corrals look to have seen some resent repairs..I am in the process of building new one's.All the ties were set before the ground froze now I am logging out some hardwood then I will have to fire up my sawmill.I took it in on a trade a few years ago might just as well learn how to run it.

I notice you have no snow now that's something I could get used to...cold I don't mind but I hate snow.It covers up all my tools I did'nt put away.

LOL when we started here, on Mr Lilly's grandads place after he sold out, there was a set of wooden corrals, (I posted pics of the old ones comin down and the new one's we built last year) I think they were, FORD corrals....."fix or repair daily" never failed that if we wanted to put somethin in the corrals, we had to spend half a day puttin up new boards to replace the one's that had rotted. Down here, with all the rain (we normally get) and all the bugs that like to eat wood, Wooden corrals just aren't the way to go. Our new pipe and sucker rod corrals will be there for a long long time without repairs needed hopefully.

Nice set up there soapweed.

Nice picture's & a beautiful sunset after a hard days work on the ranch,"it dont get no better than that" I get tired of patchin pens too,got a set of pipe pens here in the Hill country,and even those need a lil welding ocassionally..................good luck

We finished vaccinating today, and just in time. The first two calves came on this cold windy day. They were out of first calf heifers, which weren't supposed to calve for another couple weeks. The heifers were a mile from home and not in a very good spot with the wind blowing like it was. Both calves were hauled into the barn and given powdered colostrum. Later today, we sorted out twenty of the "heaviest" heifers and brought them and the two new mothers to the barn. Both babies are up and happy to be with their mommies.

Welcometothecoldhardworldofreality.jpg

Welcome to the cold hard world
Bright-eyedandwarmernow.jpg

The other calf, bright-eyed and warmer now

Latest posts