• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Vaccine inquiry

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Aaron

Reaction score
Is there a modified-live VL5 vaccine available? I was looking at VibroShield + L5, but it's killed. I just need the VL5. Already have the modified-live 5 way respiratory with Arsenal 4.1

I don't think there's a live one because vibrio and lepto are both bacteria instead of viruses. I use Bovishield Gold FP5+VL5 for cows/heifers. The VL5 part is VibrioLeptoferm and I think they recommend you booster that part 3-4 weeks later. I just hit 'em twice with the complete vaccine because I feel like I pick up some of the ones that might have missed getting immunity the first round.

One of the things I really like about Pfizer products is the support they offer. I can pick up the phone and call an 800 number and talk to one of their research vets. I bet they could answer a lot of your questions and they are NOT salesmen - they shoot straight with you and tell you about their findings related to vaccines. Not sure if it will work from Canada, but here's the number I've used:

(800) 366-5288

Here's a link to the veterinary compendium. Everything you ever wanted to know about anything in the animal health product world.

http://bovinemeds.naccvp.com/view_skin.php?file=index2.html

When I worked at the vet clinic the compendium was the number one reference material we used. And we used it pretty much every day. It's got every drug, every vaccine, and what it's for, withdrawal times, dosages, and anything else you'd want to know.

Latest posts