• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Valentines day cities

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jigs

Reaction score
Good Morning America had several cities listed in honor of Valentines day. of course Valentine Nebr. was on there and there was a love, a Honey, a sweet, and a Chocolate ( I forgot the states on those)

but I was sad they left out the Kansas town that had a bit of a tie-in to Valentines day..... Climax Kansas !

"but I was sad they left out the Kansas town that had a bit of a tie-in to Valentines day..... Climax Kansas !"

Oh, Jigs, that's, ummm, whaddya say, ummm, naughty! :wink: 8)

Sooooo, Jigs, ummm ahhh ahem, just how do you get to this town? :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

it really is a town ! population of 65, and there is basically one church and two bars.....

way down in south east kansas,

I got looking in NC and found Love Valley & Love Field and OMGAWD yes we have Climax NC

Was neat to see all the states that do have a Valentine
SC~NJ~LA~AZ~IN~AR~MT~NE~TX

I like to pick out oddly named towns as we trael, even though we don't get to do it often, but the oddest town name I can think of at the moment is Ong, Nebraska. don't know the story behind the name, but it is odd.

when the town could not decide on a name for the city, this town council decided that the next word spoken would be the name....all agreed....someone says "why not.."

and that is how you got Wynot Nebraska.

Everytime I see the Freeway sign for Wyeth in Oregon, I instinctively think "Becauseth."

PPRM

jigs said:
Good Morning America had several cities listed in honor of Valentines day. of course Valentine Nebr. was on there and there was a love, a Honey, a sweet, and a Chocolate ( I forgot the states on those)

but I was sad they left out the Kansas town that had a bit of a tie-in to Valentines day..... Climax Kansas !

We have a town named Love, and one called Climax also.

Climax is between Love and Big Beaver in Saskatchewan. I saw a Hooker county in Nebraska but no red lights. It's pretty funny when I buy travel insurance to go to the states-they can't get over Ten Sleep,Wyoming-in fact one lady said can you spell that for me-T E N S L E E P.

Northern Rancher said:
Climax is between Love and Big Beaver in Saskatchewan. I saw a Hooker county in Nebraska but no red lights. It's pretty funny when I buy travel insurance to go to the states-they can't get over Ten Sleep,Wyoming-in fact one lady said can you spell that for me-T E N S L E E P.

I could make a comment here, but I won't. :wink: :lol:

Intercourse, Alabama

Intercourse, Alabama, is a crossroads in Alabama, and hence the name. It is one of a number of locations known best for their suggestive names.

This entry is from Wikipedia, the leading user-contributed encyclopedia.

jigs said:
I like to pick out oddly named towns as we trael, even though we don't get to do it often, but the oddest town name I can think of at the moment is Ong, Nebraska. don't know the story behind the name, but it is odd.

Sometimes me and some buddies would go out on a cruise and somehow end up in Ong and we would paint a D on the sign. :D :D :D :D

We have a Fertile MN and a Climax about 25 years ago there was a car wreck and the newspaper headline read.

FERTILE WOMAN DIES IN CLIMAX no fooling my highschool ag teacher had the clipping in a frame.He was kinda morbid.

Latest posts