• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Values

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Red Robin said:
It's not a wicca thread girls.
Does no one have a definition of right and wrong that isn't something like "to each his own"? How can a society regulate through laws what is right and wrong if we can't define it?

You know really the more I think about this the more aware I am about how important scripture is.Because if we don't go by Gods laws.If we cant even prove with our own minds the excistance of either good or evil?Well how can we make our own laws?How do we truly know whats right or whats wrong?

This great nation was founded on Christian principles, and has prospered under the same. If we turn our backs on Jesus Christ, He will turn His back on us. The rule book should be the Holy Bible, God's Own Word, with no additions or subtractions.

Soapweed said:
This great nation was founded on Christian principles, and has prospered under the same. If we turn our backs on Jesus Christ, He will turn His back on us. The rule book should be the Holy Bible, God's Own Word, with no additions or subtractions.
It's the only way. Without a Bible that's true in every way, there is no right and wrong .
Judges [6b]...... but every man did that which was right in his own eyes.

Soapweed said:

Yes, and there is a pentalty for those who add or subtract.

Ok...I'll make it REAL simple.

1st...forget the word Wiccan was ever mentioned by whomever did

2nd. Example #1....you give to charity for yrs...when you get old it comes back to you 3x's when you need it.

3rd....Example #2 You're the biggest SOB in town and have always been....THEN you need help. 3x's the people reufse to help you .

That's my point .

kolanuraven said:
Ok...I'll make it REAL simple.

1st...forget the word Wiccan was ever mentioned by whomever did

2nd. Example #1....you give to charity for yrs...when you get old it comes back to you 3x's when you need it.

3rd....Example #2 You're the biggest SOB in town and have always been....THEN you need help. 3x's the people reufse to help you .

That's my point .

Karma and the 3fold is crap in my oppinion.
Im not going to make this thread about me personaly but im 37 YO. In my lifetime I have seen in the vast majority of cases nothing but evil assholes getting rewarded with everything under the sun.
On the otherhand I know of plenty of darn good people who have been made to suffer worse than I care to go into.
What has a child done to deserve cancer? to be molested?
Let me tell you something, in Canada thanks to 30 years of liberalism if you start with nothing your basically going to end up with nothing.
The ones that do get a head for the most part in this country did not get a head by being nice.
The Devil helps his own.
BTW Kolanuraven and The hired Mans Wife
Im sorry if my posts sound like im attacking you personally. Really I dont mean to. Its liberalism that im attacking, not you.
The Federal politics of Canada is a very frustrating thing for me to think about.

Sorry to hear Roper that you've seen nothing but bad in your 37 yrs.

I'm 45 and I've seen good people get rewards and I've seen the b@$tards get theirs also.

I hope things start looking up for you in your life.

kolanuraven said:
Sorry to hear Roper that you've seen nothing but bad in your 37 yrs.

I'm 45 and I've seen good people get rewards and I've seen the b@$tards get theirs also.

I hope things start looking up for you in your life.

I edited my last post while you where posting your last one. Not sure if you read my BTW at the bottom :)

We truly did " pass each other" in the posting hither and yon!!

I wasn't getting into a " match" with you, never crossed my mind.

US politics and Canadian politcs are still just that POLITICS.
'Tis a beeeeeautiful day here in the South ( Georgia) and I hope it's the same for you in the North Country. I've a lot of friends scattered thru out your wonderful country.

reader (the Second) said:
As my husband's Argentinian cousin said : if only the politics were good in Argentina, it would be a great country...

I can relate to RoperAB's position since in my company in the old days good was rewarded and bad was punished (or rather lackadaisical was penalized). What you find in governments and in companies is that as they get bigger and more bureaucratic and less entrepreneurial, hungry, and meritocracy-based people pay less attention to excellence and lots of good people suffer and not so good people can prosper by flying under the radar until they really screw up. Just checking the box, treating work as if each activity is a drill to placate the boss versus something that matters.

I work nowadays with ex government employees and you see this personality that is trained into some of them -- smart people who don't pay attention to doing the "right" thing, just what they need to do to get by.

Theodore Roosefelt wrote a book about his exploration of South America. This was roughly almost a 100 years ago. Anyway he sure wrote about the potential of Argentina. He sure thought it was a wonderful place with lots of potential. Not just the land but the people as well. He invisioned it as being an economic power house in the near future.
LOLs kind of reminds me of Canada and what could have been.
If I remember right because its been some years since I have read the book, it was called Trip through The Brazilian Rain Forest.
PS America was a very unique, social experiment in freedom and liberty that the world has never seen before. I hope you guys dont pi$$ it away.

Latest posts