• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Van Dyke invite

Help Support Ranchers.net:

mwj

Reaction score
Who in the world asked the guy to come hear and post his story thinking he would have a cakewalk? :shock: If he came on his own did he not take the time to read even one days worth of posts? In my view it is kind of like setting down in a tavern and being offended because people were drinking beer! If I were very thin skined I believe I would have posted in the section labeled Ranch Talk.

mwj said:
Who in the world asked the guy to come hear and post his story thinking he would have a cakewalk? :shock: If he came on his own did he not take the time to read even one days worth of posts? In my view it is kind of like setting down in a tavern and being offended because people were drinking beer! If I were very thin skined I believe I would have posted in the section labeled Ranch Talk.

I agree what did he think "A no-holds-barred discussion of NCBA, R-CALF, COOL, USDA and the things that affect cattle prices" Meant? :roll:

I still want to know WHY Senator John Thune wasn't interested enough to call the Van Dykes back? :?

Tam said:
mwj said:

I agree what did he think "A no-holds-barred discussion of NCBA, R-CALF, COOL, USDA and the things that affect cattle prices" Meant? :roll:

I still want to know WHY Senator John Thune wasn't interested enough to call the Van Dykes back? :?

Maybe, we could have all found more answers, if some of the posters on here, with a Roman Empire mentality, had not thrown darts at him.

Amen, and keep those cash donations coming!

Ben no disrespect intended but do you not think it should have went to Ranch Talk if the person would flinch at a dart or barb?

Ben Roberts said:
Tam said:
mwj said:

Maybe, we could have all found more answers, if some of the posters on here, with a Roman Empire mentality, had not thrown darts at him.

Amen, and keep those cash donations coming!
I agree with Ben. I was looking forward to the discussion.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Sandhusker said:
Why does it HAVE to be a fight anywhere? Why does it HAVE to be confrontational?

Because looking at your avatar just bugs the heck out of everybody. :cowboy:

Hey Baby, I'm with it, I'm hip, I'm shagadelic! Oh yeah, Baby, yeah!

Sandhusker said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Sandhusker said:
Why does it HAVE to be a fight anywhere? Why does it HAVE to be confrontational?

Because looking at your avatar just bugs the heck out of everybody. :cowboy:

Hey Baby, I'm with it, I'm hip, I'm shagadelic! Oh yeah, Baby, yeah!

You are also Canadian Sandhusker. :wink:

Sandhusker said:

This coming from the guy that has started threads looking for a fight!!!! :roll:

Sandhusker said:
Tam said:
Sandhusker said:

This coming from the guy that has started threads looking for a fight!!!! :roll:

Only with your brother.

So confrontation is only fair game when it is you that does it. :roll: This guy came here trying to convince us of a story that had nothing backing it but some R-CALFers looking to destroy Rule Two. Did he really think it was going to be childs play.

BTW since you seem to be the only one that can get any answers from him , did you ask him why John Thune, a Senator that has been looking for a way to stop Rule Two, wasn't interested enough in his story to call him back?

Just because this board has a reputation of being brutal doesn't mean you treat new people, guests, and reasonable people with disrespect. Especially when they have firsthand information. Just because you don't like the information is no reason to be ugly.

You might not like the information or disagree with it, but you don't have to be ugly.

Econ101 said:
Just because this board has a reputation of being brutal doesn't mean you treat new people, guests, and reasonable people with disrespect. Especially when they have firsthand information. Just because you don't like the information is no reason to be ugly.

You might not like the information or disagree with it, but you don't have to be ugly.
I thought the motto of Bull was "If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen"

mwj said:
Ben no disrespect intended but do you not think it should have went to Ranch Talk if the person would flinch at a dart or barb?

mwj, No disrespect taken, Ranch Talk, maybe? Mr. Van Dyke found this board, read a few post on Bull Session Forum, and found the subject matter that he thought pertained to his families issues. Thinking this would be where cattle producers would like to have some questions answered.

I don't believe, he thought that he had entered a place, where he would be ask for his ID and that closing time was 2:00 am.

Amen, and keep those cash donations coming.

Tam said:
Sandhusker said:
Tam said:

Only with your brother.

So confrontation is only fair game when it is you that does it. :roll: This guy came here trying to convince us of a story that had nothing backing it but some R-CALFers looking to destroy Rule Two. Did he really think it was going to be childs play.

BTW since you seem to be the only one that can get any answers from him , did you ask him why John Thune, a Senator that has been looking for a way to stop Rule Two, wasn't interested enough in his story to call him back?

He came in here and said ask away. He wasn't pushing any agenda. He said he wasn't a R-CALF or SDSGA member.

If you have a question about Thune, ask him. Hopefully you've learned what kind of answers a snotty question garners.

You think the USDA taking 47 days to discover that a packer can't follow current regulations bodes well for Rule Two? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ben Roberts said:
mwj said:

mwj, No disrespect taken, Ranch Talk, maybe? Mr. Van Dyke found this board, read a few post on Bull Session Forum, and found the subject matter that he thought pertained to his families issues. Thinking this would be where cattle producers would like to have some questions answered.

I don't believe, he thought that he had entered a place, where he would be ask for his ID and that closing time was 2:00 am.

Amen, and keep those cash donations coming.

Maybe if a few of the "oh so innocent posters" like Sandhusker, ocm and Oldtimer, wouldn't have had been stirring the pot for weeks with their unsupported speculations and out and out crap about these cattle Mr ? Van Dyke wouldn't have gotten such a reception. :roll:
We have been defending our industry for weeks, so if you are going to step in, in the middle of the fight, you better be armed with thick skin and the right answers, or you are going to be treated just like the rest that bring nothing to support the story. From what I saw he wasn't armed with anything that he could back up with solid proof. A document signed by his Dad just doesn't have the same weight as Export papers signed by several vets and backed by not just one federal government but TWO. And witnessed by a State vet that has critized the USDA's handling of other issues. Maybe he should have read a few more post to see what he was stepping into before he took the leap and said let the questions fly. :wink:

Sandhusker said:
Tam said:
Sandhusker said:
Only with your brother.

He came in here and said ask away. He wasn't pushing any agenda. He said he wasn't a R-CALF or SDSGA member.

If you have a question about Thune, ask him. Hopefully you've learned what kind of answers a snotty question garners.

You think the USDA taking 47 days to discover that a packer can't follow current regulations bodes well for Rule Two? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I Did ask Mr. ? Van Dyke and he didn't answer the question. Just like he didn't answer other questions that were asked of him. And if you meant ask Thune Why should I, Mr ? Van Dykes was the one that claimed Thune wasn't interested enough to call back. I just want to know why he thought that of a man that is and has been looking for reasons to stop Rule Two?

I asked about the fact the press releases claimed it was 7 head and $11,000 so why did he come on here in his first post claiming it was 43 head and $50,000, But no answer. :(

I also asked if he had pictures of the cattle in question on his place as the thumbnail black and white photos of cattle ears from Swift didn't prove these animals were at his dads place. Have you seen any pictures Sandhusker? :?

I read lots of other questions from others wanting proof of his story but nothing was offered to provide proof these cattle were the cattle on the Van Dyke land.

And please don't speak about snotty questions as you are the KING OF SNOT YOU LOW RENT SCHMUCK. If you ocm Haymaker and Oldtimer hadn't have been posting your endless line of crap about these cattle Mr ? Van Dyke might not have had a target on his forehead when he dared to stick his head into the middle of a fight you started. So the treatment he got was thanks to your and your buddies. :wink: :x

And please don't speak about snotty questions as you are the KING OF SNOT YOU LOW RENT SCHMUCK. If you ocm Haymaker and Oldtimer hadn't have been posting your endless line of crap about these cattle Mr ? Van Dyke might not have had a target on his forehead when he dared to stick his head into the middle of a fight you started. So the treatment he got was thanks to your and your buddies.

When I read something like this, I get down on my knees and pray "THANK YOU LORD, FOR MAKING THIS PERSON GET MARRIED TO SOMEONE ELSE." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts