• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Vermeer Rancher balers

Help Support Ranchers.net:

eatbeef

Reaction score
Anybody have or know of anybody that has a Vermeer 665 Rancher or the new 6650 Rancher balers.
Looking at one and just wanting anybody's opinion. Right now I have a Hesston 565A. Really don't want to up grade but would like to have net wrap.

We are very happy with the N as well, if the Rancher is anywhere close to the baler the N is you would be very happy. I don't know what the story on the Rancher is though, are they a light duty version?

Yes lighter duty, but still use many of same parts as bigger baler. Make a 5 x 5.5 instead of 5x6. Only require 70 hp. Weighs 2500 less than the 605N. Don't have wide pickup or big tires.

We sure like our super m's. And a couple guys have the N series and are getting along with them. But how is the resale value on the rancher or would it be better to get an M or N and not make the bales so big.

Bought one last year, easy to use and easy to maintain. Built to last IMO

Is your main issue lack of horse power? I don't know many people that have the rancher type. Id guess you go to maybe Missouri or somewhere there might be. One thing I do like about them is they have the old style design of bale chamber. The M's and newer are a verticle chamber, just like JD or NH/Case IH. I thought the "true bottom design" was a better idea. Basicly a "rancher" baler is an old school Vermeer. I ran my Super J with 85 hp.

As said above, from what Ive heard from useres/dealers the M's are a heck of a baler. Super M or N could be even better. From what Ive been told the only real major change on the N is the ISO monitor & several sprocket & chain set ups. I have an "L". I've demoed a Case IH with wide pickup. Id never use one without it.

Guess not sure what your thinking. You can repair an old baler and make it new. Personally other than less hp needed, I don't see any advantage to a "rebel" type baler. If you got a good used M or Super M, make smaller bales. When you get a bigger tractor, you have a baler that can do more. Im sure they work just fine, just new paint is new paint! There is a 605K at Atkinson Ne with net warp on it. Looks decent, and Id bet its priced right.

Latest posts