• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Vitamin K

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Buckerette

Reaction score
A friend told us to give our bulls a shot of Vitamin K twice a year to build up the muscle.

Any thoughts?

We'd want it to improve strength for bucking and conformation would be a plus.

Thanks

Vitamin K? The only use I've seen it being used for is to treat bleeding troubles. It causes blood to clot. At the vet clinic I worked for, we used it on dogs who'd gotten into rat poison.

I don't think I'd just give it without talking to a vet first. Just my opinion.

They usta use it for people that got bloody noses real often. It's been taken off the shelf. Now is only available with a RX. I'd think you'd hafta get it from a vet. And if not I dern sure consult one first before I gave anything a shot.

Yeah I don't think I would-your bulls are good enough they don't need any help from the needle. I saw a guy in South Dakota giving broncs B12 before the Deadwood sale a few years back.

I'll difinetly talk to the vet before doing anything.

My hoof trimmer was telling us about it, said a lot of the show guys do it for conformation.

I would never give anything that wasn't natural or safe.

B12 is common, northern rancher, we don't give it. All we give is good hay, minerals, high protien grain and just started with the 2bulls supplement (added protein).

Thanks for the comments!!

Latest posts