• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Wanted....MAID

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Heel Fly

Reaction score
I don't know how some people can do it, their house is so clean and mine looks like Katrina came thru. How do you guys do it?? Any secrets you can share? Today I did chores super early and I'm staying home from the neighbors just to get a handle on it what I would give for a maid. :roll:

A maid is the only way to go. Just make sure that she is trustworthy, or it can get ugly.

with 3 kids and a cowboy in the house, my house is in a constant state of "chaos"......I, too, could use a maid, but I guess that would be ME!!! After working the hours I do, though, house keeping is the last thing on my mind at 8 at night!!! The daughter now has a full-time job and is looking for a second one, so she cannot help as much as I would like and the cowboy has a tendency to "forget" where the dishwasher and the dirty clothes baskets are located!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

I have a lady come in once a month and catch me up. If I didn't spend
so much time here, I could probably do it myself. :wink:

That once a month cleaning is mentally a life-saver for me.
I can keep up for awhile, then it seems to overcome me.
With my job in town, the mineral business, the ranch, the
books, cooking, and my age; I just can't do it all anymore.

Or maybe I don't want to...whatever it is...this is what works for me.

Let me tell you, it sure feels good to walk into a clean
house that you didn't have to clean yourself!

Peace of mind is worth a lot!!! And once a month cleaning
doesn't cost very much but very well worth every penny.

Best way is have a fire and burn ALL the "STUFF" it won't be in your way any more.

We cleaned our house and basement a week ago the pile of "STUFF" was about 10' tall an hour after I lit it was all cleaned up except the ashes.Fire what a wonderful thing.

There's only 2 things that clean up a farm.
1. an Auction

2 a Fire

Faster horses said:
I've never had that experience FH...but my hubby has. :roll:

ranchwife said:
the cowboy has a tendency to "forget" where the dishwasher and the dirty clothes baskets are located!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

:lol: :lol: I should introduce you to my wife. You two could commiserate and say bad things about us. :lol: :lol:

I don't want a maid.......I want them people from TLC to come to my house......Mission Organization......yeap that's what I want....but I want Mr Lilly to be AWAY when they come so he can't "save" things.........I thought I was bad about keepin lil things, but he is the worlds worst. Keeps things that no on else has any idea what it is or what it's used for. And usually lands somewhere on my kitchen table too.
I can see it now, instead of only havin a "keep" "toss" and "sell" pile......I'd have one huge tarp with the words "Leave it at the shop" on it

yes..a maid, in one of those short little french outfits, with a bit of an accent and no tan lines.......yea bend over and pick up that stuff off the floor.......

man I gotta get me one of those!

Jigs: I got a home for your French maid after your wife kicks her out on her butt.........................and NO you can't come with her!!!!!! :lol: :wink:

jigs said:
yes..a maid, in one of those short little french outfits, with a bit of an accent and no tan lines.......yea bend over and pick up that stuff off the floor.......

You scare me jigs,I honestly thought there was only one of Greg in this world but alot of your posts remind me of him...he always says we need a maid in french outfit....... :?

Heel Fly said:
I don't know how some people can do it, their house is so clean and mine looks like Katrina came thru. How do you guys do it?? Any secrets you can share? Today I did chores super early and I'm staying home from the neighbors just to get a handle on it what I would give for a maid. :roll:
Heel Fly - - Help me out here. . . . . .do you mean . . MAID . . or. . .MADE????!!

DOC HARRIS

cert said:
Faster horses said:
I've never had that experience FH...but my hubby has. :roll:

And THAT my dear lady is why you women are such a valued commodity on any operation!

I better not let my wife read this one. :D

B.C.

Mrs.Greg said:
jigs said:

You scare me jigs,I honestly thought there was only one of Greg in this world but alot of your posts remind me of him...he always says we need a maid in french outfit....... :?

well, I would never stray from my wife, but it really bothers me sometimes, just knowing there are all those women out there that I could be disappointing.......

DiamondSCattleCo said:
ranchwife said:
the cowboy has a tendency to "forget" where the dishwasher and the dirty clothes baskets are located!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

:lol: :lol: I should introduce you to my wife. You two could commiserate and say bad things about us. :lol: :lol:

it would be my pleasure to meet another wife who has so much in common....and NO..we would not tell "stories"...simply swap truths!!!
:lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink:

If I didn't spend so much time here, I could probably do it myself.

Now you sound like the Hubby......... :roll: about me and our casa....... :roll: :lol: :lol:

A maid would be great, or two less people to have to pick up after.......you should see Hubby's "pile".........right by his end of the couch.........I put stuff up, and soon, he's got his nest back again........books, magazines, catalogs, a dictionary (yep, a dictionary! :roll: ), snacks, half full bottles of Gatorade, empty Gatorade bottles, a fly swatter, a flashlight......and I guarantee, I could put everything where it goes today, and by tomorrow night, it would be right back where he's got it now......... :roll: Thank God Al isn't as bad.......he keeps most of his stuff in his room, and even cleans that fairly regularly. I'm trying to raise that boy right, anyway. Who knows if, by the time he's the old man's age, he won't be as bad, or worse, though........ :?

I'd probably be like some wife on one of those sit-coms, though, and work myself to death, cleaning, before the cleaning lady arrived.......I'd hate for her to see what a mess this place is! :twisted:

well, I think this is the model I want

frenchmaid.jpg

I put stuff up, and soon, he's got his nest back again........books, magazines, catalogs, a dictionary (yep, a dictionary! ), snacks, half full bottles of Gatorade, empty Gatorade bottles, a fly swatter, a flashlight......and I guarantee, I could put everything where it goes today, and by tomorrow night, it would be right back where he's got it now......... Thank God Al isn't as bad.......he keeps most of his stuff in his room, and even cleans that fairly regularly. I'm trying to raise that boy right, anyway. Who knows if, by the time he's the old man's age, he won't be as bad, or worse, though........
Ranchy - Here are a few "Positive" thoughts to consider: .......books (he is educating himself)........magazines (he is educating himself).......catalogs(he is educating himself).......a dictionary(he is CERTAINLY educating himself!)......snacks(he is maintaining his strength to continue educating himself)......Gatorade(maintaining his strength to continue educating himself)......a fly swatter(helping you keep the house clean and immaculate).......a flashlight(to use in an electrical 'black-out' so that he can continue educating himself during any emergency).....You are fortunate to have a husband who is so dedicated to educating himself for YOUR future welfare - - even if he IS a couch potato!

DOC HARRIS

Latest posts