• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

War protesting

Help Support Ranchers.net:

mp.freelance said:
The public's lost confidence in how the war has been handled doesn't equate with them "turning against" the war.

OK, you set the standard. What will prove to you that the American public is "turning against" the Iraqi war?

For your information on Vietnam, the public lost confidence in our ability to win the war, confusion about why we were involved there anyway, the deaths of young men from every region of the country, plus disgust with actions of some of our military being shown on TV, the millions of dollars being given away and unaccounted for, lies from politicians, embarrasment at how our country was being jerked around by a small insurgent group, are all reasons we lost the Vietnam war. And much of that is happening today with the Iraqi war. There's very little difference between Vietnam and Iraq.

The American Soldiers won every major Battle in Nam, You anti-war anti-military types lost it at home,,,,,and don't seem to mind if you lose this one to,,,,which is sad, Because soldiers are Dieing to win, not lose.........

By learning a lesson from history and Nam, I will support our troops with my every thought, word, and deed,,,,,,,,I will not turn against them as they fight on the battlefield, they deserve and will get no less then my 100% support......

Every news report or government report I read tells me

must be the same inaccurate news reports and government reports that "news media coverage bordered on the hysterical" and reported the "Mass Murders" in the superdome.....

Steve said:
For your information on Vietnam, the public lost confidence in our ability to win the war, confusion about why we were involved there anyway, the deaths of young men from every region of the country, plus disgust with actions of some of our military being shown on TV, the millions of dollars being given away and unaccounted for, lies from politicians, embarrasment at how our country was being jerked around by a small insurgent group, are all reasons we lost the Vietnam war. And much of that is happening today with the Iraqi war. There's very little difference between Vietnam and Iraq.

The American Soldiers won every major Battle in Nam, You anti-war anti-military types lost it at home,,,,,and don't seem to mind if you lose this one to,,,,which is sad, Because soldiers are Dieing to win, not lose.........

They won every major battle in 'Nam, but they could not win the war, just like we've won every battle in Iraq. Yet our Generals, on the ground, say they can't defeat the insurgents. All the North Vietnamese had to do was not lose and they were well able to do that. As Americans saw our soldiers burning homes of Vietnamese, children running down the road, body aflame with napalm, Vietnamese Generals shooting bound prisoners in the head, thousands of Americans dead, they turned their back on the war. I'm sorry to say that they also turned their back on the Army. It's taken thirty years for the US Army to again gain the trust of the public. Bush is undermining that trust and he's destroying the Army by sending them into an unnecessary war zone.

By learning a lesson from history and Nam, I will support our troops with my every thought, word, and deed,,,,,,,,I will not turn against them as they fight on the battlefield, they deserve and will get no less then my 100% support......

No. You don't support the troops if you totally ignore how they've been treated by this Administration. They're still having to buy their body armor. The Bush Bunch chose to go in light and left most of their armored vehicles behind. They've lied to the solders about the length of their deployment time and again. They didn't plan for wounded and the Dept of Defense had to ask for supplemental funding to pay for medical care of the wounded. You don't support the troops. You support George W. Bush and there's a difference.

must be the same inaccurate news reports and government reports that "news media coverage bordered on the hysterical" and reported the "Mass Murders" in the superdome.....

I didn't see a government report about "mass murders" in the superdome. In fact, I didn't see any news story about "mass murders" in the superdome. Maybe you can link to one? Or maybe you're just blowing hot air again?

Steve said:

I supported the Vietnam war. I believed our politicans when they said it was necessary. That's one reason I am so against this one. They were wrong then and Bush is wrong now. Actually, Bush is worse. I think politicians actually believed Communism was a threat to our way of life when they went into Vietnam. Bush is just a spoiled brat who wants to prove how tough he is by doing something his daddy wasn't able to do: overthrow Saddam. And get the oil for his oil buddies. They won every major battle in 'Nam, but they could not win the war, just like we've won every battle in Iraq. Yet our Generals, on the ground, say they can't defeat the insurgents. All the North Vietnamese had to do was not lose and they were well able to do that. As Americans saw our soldiers burning homes of Vietnamese, children running down the road, body aflame with napalm, Vietnamese Generals shooting bound prisoners in the head, thousands of Americans dead, they turned their back on the war. I'm sorry to say that they also turned their back on the Army. It's taken thirty years for the US Army to again gain the trust of the public. Bush is undermining that trust and he's destroying the Army by sending them into an unnecessary war zone.

No. You don't support the troops if you totally ignore how they've been treated by this Administration. They're still having to buy their body armor. The Bush Bunch chose to go in light and left most of their armored vehicles behind. They've lied to the solders about the length of their deployment time and again. They didn't plan for wounded and the Dept of Defense had to ask for supplemental funding to pay for medical care of the wounded. You don't support the troops. You support George W. Bush and there's a difference.

I didn't see a government report about "mass murders" in the superdome. In fact, I didn't see any news story about "mass murders" in the superdome. Maybe you can link to one? Or maybe you're just blowing hot air again?

Latest posts