• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Washington Whispers

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ben Carson on Gun Control

No limits to gun ownership, except in cases of insanity

Q: In one article in Breitbart, you indicated that there shouldn't be a line about what types of weapons citizens can buy. At the same time, you have said in places where there are a lot of crowds, referring you don't want a crazy person ending up with the wrong type of weapon. So you seem to be open to limiting that. What is your stand on this?
CARSON: Well, my point being we should never compromise the Second Amendment. Of course, we should be thinking about what we can do to keep dangerous weapons out of the hands of mentally unstable people. The two things are not incompatible.
Q: So you're not saying there should be a limitation on what type of weapon a sane person should be able to buy?
CARSON: Of course not. You know, when we put this amendment in place, you know, state-of-the-art weapon was what? A musket? But the principle was that the citizenry should have access to whatever they needed in order to protect themselves from an overly aggressive government.
Source: Meet the Press 2015 interview moderated by Chuck Todd , Oct 25, 2015
2nd amendment critical in guarding against tyranny

Q: In your book, there's a passage in which you say confiscating the guns of American citizens would violate the Constitution. But who wants to confiscate all the guns of the American citizens?
CARSON: Well, what I'm talking about is the reason that we have a Second Amendment in there. It's there for the reasons that I stated in the book, specifically, in case of an invasion by a foreign power, the people will be able to aid the military, and also, if we have a time when we have the wrong people in office and they want to dominate the people, the people will be able to defend themselves.
Q: In the book, it suggests, though, that there is a present threat that guns would be confiscated from American citizens?
CARSON: No. Many of the things that are in the Constitution are to help to prevent horrible things from happening. So they're in place to make sure that the people maintain their liberties, and that the government remains constrained.

You read your hotair article again, 2.0. Sure looks to me like he wants to put the 2nd on the table for discussion/negotiation.

He's become a lackey for a reality show con artist who financially supported plenty of your fellow lib politicians and causes, including the Butcher of Benghazi and the Clinton Crime Family Foundation.

Stay downwind, 2.0. It still smells like Cactus Feeders around you.

Must be hell getting caught in an outright lie just like your brother OT. :roll:

"Carson doesn't think we need the 2nd amendment"..................How in the hell did you get that out of what he said?

If your boy thinks the 2nd needs to be "put on the table"...it sure looks to me that he's of a mind that it needs to be kept as written.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED doesn't translate to "put on the table".

Keep staying downwind, 2.0. Your aroma is growing with the temperature.

There you go, lying again. You said, "Carson doesn't think we need the 2nd Amendment". He didn't say that at all.

He said debate the 2nd Amendment with the liberals to get the point across to them what the 2nd was for. It's for a tyrannical gov't.

I know that and you know that but the Left doesn't understand it. And probably never will but civil debate will show the public that the left is wrong.

The more you lie, the more you sound like your brother. :roll:

How's this PROOF working out for ya?
but proof of the collaboration is coming to light

Mike said:
How's this PROOF working out for ya?

but proof of the collaboration is coming to light

so far nothing,.. but watching Donald make a publicity tour of his flagship properties is getting a bit old...

it is starting to look like one HUGE commercial and a free one at that...

Face it, 2.0...you voted for one phony fraud, and now you're supporting another....con artist, actor, liberal narcissist. It's pretty clear to those without New York values that your boy never supported the 2nd Amendment. Flip flopper, just like your boy Drumpf.

As far as my daughter goes, she only told me what she heard. If there's proof, it'll come to light. I don't think her pay grade puts her in the inner circle of those with the inside information. But you keep those Drumpf kneepads strapped up tight.

You voted for one in the primary, and now support another. Some conservative you are. Who'd a thunk you & 1.0 having the same New York values & sharing kneepads.

Stay downwind.

Latest posts