• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

We are in the wrong business

Help Support Ranchers.net:

webfoot

Reaction score
Yesterday I decided to the sale. I didn't realize that La Grande doesn't have AC. I also didn't realize they had a lamb special sale. So I got to sit through 600 lambs. Lambs weighing 90-110 brought $2.55 to $2.72. They say 5 ewe run on the same ground as one cow. Well 5 lambs fresh off the ewe are bringing a whole lot more than one calf. Trouble is where I live the coyotes and cats would put me out of business before I could cash in those high dollar lambs.

I just watch a few of low dollar cattle sell before the heat got to me. The truck has AC. I cranked it on high when I left.

One time I was at a Stockgrowers directors meeting at the same time The Royal Red Arabian show was on. I looked out of the second story window of the Meeting room over a parking lot full of fancy trucks pulling shiny Air Conditioned horse trailers and just had to laugh, It would have been a lot different if us Ranchers had brought our trailers to town.

Latest posts