• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

We don't deserve Canada's Oil

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
I don't blame them one bit for finding a route other than through the USA.
So for us, we can keep paying for oil to those who hate us. What leadership we have.........Currently 97% of Canada's oil exports go to the USA. So now, will the oil we get go from Canada go to China instead......if this Nothern Gateway pipeline is built? Thanks, Obama for helping China, again at the expense of the American citizen.

http://www.seano.org/2014/06/19/idiot-idiot-idiot-idiot-idiot-idiot-keystone-now-cya/

As oil prices surge due to ISIS taking over a major oil field in Iraq, a devastating development has emerged in the Keystone oil controversy here at home.

The proposed pipeline, which had been cleared by the State Department, EPA and is even supported by Unions and most Democrats, may have just died.

The Canadian government has just approved Enbridge's Northern Gateway Pipeline. To the pacific coast.

Oil, now seemingly bound for China.

The Obama administration, with no objections left but from themselves, had dragged their feet from the beginning. Operating on an 'election oriented' doctrine, it found a way to wait out the American people while scandal after scandal hit the news headlines.

And pushed Keystone under.

From ABC News:

Conservative Prime Minister Stephen Harper has said Canada's national interest makes the pipelines essential.

He was "profoundly disappointed" that U.S. President Barack Obama has delayed a decision on the Texas Keystone XL option, and spoke of the need to diversify Canada's oil industry

Ninety-seven percent of Canadian oil exports now go to the U.S.

And China is just waiting in the wings.

Meanwhile, China's growing economy is hungry for Canadian oil. Chinese state-owned companies have invested more than $40 billion in Canadian energy in the past few years.

"They are watching this very, very closely," said Wenran Jiang, an energy expert and special adviser to Alberta's Department of Energy.

If Al Gore is right, it was DOA anyway.

"[Obama] has signaled that he is likely to reject the absurdly reckless Keystone XL-pipeline proposal for the transport of oil from carbon-intensive tar sands to be taken to market through the United States on its way to China, thus effectively limiting their exploitation," Gore wrote in a Rolling Stone story about climate change that was published online Wednesday.

This president is an idiot.

~~Seano

The US is simply being a bad faith trading partner, and Canada deserves better. For many reasons Canada's best export route is the Keystone route. The opposers to Keystone want to limit market clearing of fossil fuels - make them more restricted by expense or availability.

As I understand Tar Sands oil, I think they make superior plastic, and need too much refinement to be used as fuel. Also both tar sands and sweet can offer complimentary benefits.

If it makes you feel any better, the Keystone still has a better chance of being built than the Gateway. Internally we can be every bit as dysfunctional as our southern friends.

Silver said:
If it makes you feel any better, the Keystone still has a better chance of being built than the Gateway. Internally we can be every bit as dysfunctional as our southern friends.

Many of the groups bringing lawsuits etc. are American

hypocritexposer said:
Silver said:

Many of the groups bringing lawsuits etc. are American

Many aren't. Natives are up in arms, as are local special interest groups. The town of Kitimat had a plebiscite and voted against it.... Enbridge has 209 hurdles they need to jump. I hope it goes but doubt it like hell

Some of the American groups buying support from environmentalists and native indians

The Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation, a California-based organization founded by the co-founder of Intel Corporation that focuses on conservation, scientific research and patient health.
The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, a California-based social and environmental charity founded by Hewlett-Packard co-founder William R. Hewlett.
The Rockefeller Foundation, a philanthropic venture of John D. Rockefeller Sr., the American industrialist who founded the Standard Oil Company.
Tides Canada, a Vancouver-based organization that distributes donations to initiatives on climate change, wilderness protection , marine conservation, aboriginal issues, poverty, and international development.
The Bullitt Foundation, a fund for environmental, children's and peace initiatives founded by Seattle philanthropist Dorothy Bullitt, founder of KING Broadcasting Co.

The Bullitt Foundation has awarded almost $1-million over the past 16 years to the David Suzuki Foundation and $735,000 over 13 years to the environmental law group EcoJustice.

Other foundation funding directed toward British Columbia includes: the Vancouver Aquarium Marine Science Centre (one grant worth $20,000), Tides Foundation (20 grants totalling $564,000), and the Sierra Club (nine grants worth $210,000).

Several First Nations groups will also receive funds, including the First Nations Fisheries Council ($262,000), the Hartley Bay Village Council ($324,000), Coastal First Nations Turning Point Initiative Society ($314,000), and the Kitasoo-XaiXais ($266,000).

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/enbridge-questions-northern-gateway-pipeline-critics-over-foreign-funding/article4597466/

hypocritexposer said:
no doubt, we have our share of radical liberal greenie weenies too

Yup, especially in BC other than the Mighty Peace Country. We are too busy feeding the masses and supplying their energy so as to facilitate their "holier than thou" ways. :?

Silver said:
hypocritexposer said:
no doubt, we have our share of radical liberal greenie weenies too

Yup, especially in BC other than the Mighty Peace Country. We are too busy feeding the masses and supplying their energy so as to facilitate their "holier than thou" ways. :?

Must be the Alberta Peace Country influence :wink:

Try a natural gas pipeline on for size. We live sixteen miles from the Trans Canada pipeline, and when it blew up a few years ago it shook the house. We could see the flames from here, and everyone hit the road thinking their neighbours yards were on fire. At the time we had no idea just what a huge explosion it had been and how far away it was.

Now that's scarey. Especially since its the second time it did it locally. First time was farther west, more like thirty miles away, and we heard that too.

Kato said:
Try a natural gas pipeline on for size. We live sixteen miles from the Trans Canada pipeline, and when it blew up a few years ago it shook the house. We could see the flames from here, and everyone hit the road thinking their neighbours yards were on fire. At the time we had no idea just what a huge explosion it had been and how far away it was.

Now that's scarey. Especially since its the second time it did it locally. First time was farther west, more like thirty miles away, and we heard that too.

I agree, I think more old people should freeze in the winter and have heat strokes in the summer.

I think all the people in the city should starve due to food rotting in the fields, or really, fields not even being cultivated.

Energy sucks!

Ofcourse there are anecdotes, good and bad about any conveyance method of any fuel. By a vast margin, pipelines are safest, cleanest and cheapest/most fuel efficient. We had a propane pipeline erupt on my dad's place back in the 80s, but that's much less common than truck and train wrecks. Simply put, people that oppose pipelines don't value safe, clean, and cheap conveyance of fuel.

Brad S said:
Ofcourse there are anecdotes, good and bad about any conveyance method of any fuel. By a vast margin, pipelines are safest, cleanest and cheapest/most fuel efficient. We had a propane pipeline erupt on my dad's place back in the 80s, but that's much less common than truck and train wrecks. Simply put, people that oppose pipelines don't value safe, clean, and cheap conveyance of fuel.

I don't understand the 'chatter' that puts the safety of RR transport of oil ahead of pipelines. If you read anything on facebook about this, there is a multitude of very vocal and uninformed people out there. I think they just don't want to know what is true. Perception is everything and they perceive pipelines to be more dangerous to the environment than transporting oil by rail. I've taken them to task on it coming from personal experience as we have both pipelines and a train track through our place, but they have their head in the sand. We had a bad train derailment a few years ago several miles from here and we have NEVER had a problem with the many pipelines that run through our place.

Liberal Progressive Democrats are constantly perpetuating lies and myths about many subjects. It's what they do.

If Conservatives had come out against pipelines, the Liberals would have been for them...................... They know pipelines are safer and less intrusive. It's just that they're not content unless they divide the masses against each other for power.

Faster horses said:
So for us, we can keep paying for oil to those who hate us. What leadership we have.........Currently 97% of Canada's oil exports go to the USA. So now, will the oil we get go from Canada go to China instead......if this Nothern Gateway pipeline is built? Thanks, Obama for helping China, again at the expense of the American citizen.

http://www.seano.org/2014/06/19/idiot-idiot-idiot-idiot-idiot-idiot-keystone-now-cya/

As oil prices surge due to ISIS taking over a major oil field in Iraq, a devastating development has emerged in the Keystone oil controversy here at home.

The proposed pipeline, which had been cleared by the State Department, EPA and is even supported by Unions and most Democrats, may have just died.

The Canadian government has just approved Enbridge's Northern Gateway Pipeline. To the pacific coast.

The Obama administration, with no objections left but from themselves, had dragged their feet from the beginning. Operating on an 'election oriented' doctrine, it found a way to wait out the American people while scandal after scandal hit the news headlines.

From ABC News:

Conservative Prime Minister Stephen Harper has said Canada's national interest makes the pipelines essential.

He was "profoundly disappointed" that U.S. President Barack Obama has delayed a decision on the Texas Keystone XL option, and spoke of the need to diversify Canada's oil industry

Meanwhile, China's growing economy is hungry for Canadian oil. Chinese state-owned companies have invested more than $40 billion in Canadian energy in the past few years.

"They are watching this very, very closely," said Wenran Jiang, an energy expert and special adviser to Alberta's Department of Energy.

"[Obama] has signaled that he is likely to reject the absurdly reckless Keystone XL-pipeline proposal for the transport of oil from carbon-intensive tar sands to be taken to market through the United States on its way to China, thus effectively limiting their exploitation," Gore wrote in a Rolling Stone story about climate change that was published online Wednesday.

~~Seano

"
"Deserve it?"

Interesting concept.

Suggest you reread your first sentence. "I don't blame them one bit for finding a route other than through the USA"

"Through" It ain't exactly dead ending in the heartland, is it?

I suggest the ones who 'deserve' it are the ones who'll pay the most. It's called capitalism.

littlejoe said:
Faster horses said:

From ABC News:

~~Seano

"
"Deserve it?"

Interesting concept.

Suggest you reread your first sentence. "I don't blame them one bit for finding a route other than through the USA"

"Through" It ain't exactly dead ending in the heartland, is it?

I suggest the ones who 'deserve' it are the ones who'll pay the most. It's called capitalism.

Not when Obama is involved. Unless the money comes back to him in some fashion, which apparently it has--nd not in the best interest of America.

And we don't deserve to get Canada's oil (all 97% of what they export--want that to go to China?) when we treat them the way we do. Obama would rather buy oil from the Muslim countries; you know, our allies in the desert. :roll:

Faster I got in oil patch in the 70's, last 15 yrs or so my interests have been primarily Canadian, including some Canadian co's operating offshore--i.e. Tunisia, argentina, Columbia, Hungary,etc.

I passed on tar sands maybe 10 yrs ago--expensive, nasty and an enviro disaster. And everybody knew it and nobody really gave a damn. I am heavily into some shallow Canadian coal, as I think coal will be here for quite a while and u.s. will screw their market/delivery up.

Canadians aren't really bothered by pipeline not being done here---as they told me "how can we be mad at your govt when we can't even got one thru our own country?!

And when a country wants a pipeline that comes in one side of another country---and goes all the way across the other country to blue water ports---is there not perhaps an inkling that country A is not going to sell their oil to country B?

And aren't we wanting to burn Iraq oil anyhow? Isn't that the war that was gonna pay for itself? Ask that dufus painter......or the guy you don't wanna hunt birds with.........5,000 u.s. deaths. One Trillion dollars new dept. And don't believe it's obamas fault---it's bushes war. (with assorted other cowards, profiteers and draft dodgers)

liljoe.oldtimer always have done something that EXCEEDS what anyone else has ever done,, bragging rights you know!!!!

Of course PROOF is in the end result...we all know it has to be true because lil/joe oldtimer said so.... lives up there on the slope of MT with no address :roll: :roll: :roll:

Latest posts