• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

We have no serious problems.....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

CattleCo

Reaction score
Many of us walked out of our homes today, got in our pickups and still had dry boots! We are very lucky and blessed!
Pray for those in the Southeast!

Indeed, cattleco!!!! Read the paper and the death toll is already mid 50's and expected to climb!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: My prayers and condolences to those who had NOWHERE else to go and had no choice but stay and they lost everything!!! :(

Ranchwife,
The metro devastation is unreal and the agriculture situation will take years to recover. This deal is going to cause livestock and crop looses perhaps as far as Ohio and PA. It seems the news reports have the situation/flooding getting worse. I have not heard of one country offerring the USA assistance, but if this happens in other parts of the world they would have their hand out for the US dollar! :mad:

CattleCo said:
I have not heard of one country offerring the USA assistance, but if this happens in other parts of the world they would have their hand out for the US dollar! :mad:

Amen - CattleCo-And the next day these countries we send billions $ in assistance to are damning us in the UN and the survivors are threatening to cut off our heads as evil Americans :???: :cry: :mad: ..........

Oldtimer said:
CattleCo said:
I have not heard of one country offerring the USA assistance, but if this happens in other parts of the world they would have their hand out for the US dollar! :mad:

Amen - CattleCo-And the next day these countries we send billions $ in assistance to are damning us in the UN and the survivors are threatening to cut off our heads as evil Americans :???: :cry: :mad: ..........

Don't forget those in this country who believe and loudly proclaim that those people are absolutely correct in blaming us for the ills of the world! They also, for the major part, are blaming all that ill will against us onto the man who was so recently ELECTED president in 2000 and again in 2004 as somehow being responsible for all that ill will, never mind that it has been simmering for at least 60 years through mostly liberal administrations.

MRJ

I do really feel sorry for those people and saddened by the destruction, but I have some questions maybe some of you can clear up for me.
Why in the heck would you build your home and job at a place that is 9 feet below sea level? Don't you think that your luck would run out one of these days?
Next, Why doesn't the state buy out all the homes and buisnesses and have them rebuild on higher land?? There going to have to rebuild anyway. I know the french quarters are historical.
And why was there not manditory evacuation. I know when we have bad weather we do everything possible to cover our assets.
And the pictures of all the looting??? Did you see any white people??? Was that just the media????

And the pictures of all the looting??? Did you see any white people??? Was that just the media????

Let's not get racist here. People are dying both white and black. God does not carry a color chart!!

And here we are with another liberal administration.......
Sandy,
Calling this administratin liberal is like calling Heidi Fliess a NUN!!!

All of us and I mean ALL the people in this country are going to pay a price for this disaster. Black, White, Hispanic, ALL will pay a price.
Some will pay the ultimate, we need a keep ALL these folks in our prayers! This is not a political issue........I guarantee you the heroic rescuers are not asking their political affilitations, religious preference, or anything else when the rope is dropped!

I just joined ranchers.net and had to let people know that here in my part of Canada we are collecting relief donations and gathering volunters to aid in the disaster down south. We may differ on a few things but we are still neighbours.

Cattleco, I think Katrina meant where were all the white people when the looting was going on. All I seen were black people stealing from the freebie that nature handed them. This is wrong no matter what color you are, I am sure there was white people doing it too. I agree don't let them build back unless it is higher ground.

Angus327, thanks for the help with the donations, we would do the same for you and that is what counts. Just like fires around here, some people don't get along with others, but get a fire and they all show up to help.

They've already called up some high wire construction crews that work putting up the big power lines- One local kid I know that works for one was home on vacation and said that the hurricanes this last year have kept them working double shifts already--He was not looking forward to the job ahead of them, but didn't seem to be complaing about all the overtime pay he was dreaming about.......

MRJ said:
Oldtimer said:
CattleCo said:

Don't forget those in this country who believe and loudly proclaim that those people are absolutely correct in blaming us for the ills of the world! They also, for the major part, are blaming all that ill will against us onto the man who was so recently ELECTED president in 2000 and again in 2004 as somehow being responsible for all that ill will, never mind that it has been simmering for at least 60 years through mostly liberal administrations.

MRJ

Well, someone is starting the ball rolling.

B.C.

Statement by the Government of Canada in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina

August 30, 2005 -- The Government of Canada today issued the following statement in support of those who have endured the devastation wrought by Hurricane Katrina in the United States:

"On behalf of all Canadians, I wish to extend our heartfelt condolences to those who have lost loved ones as a result of Hurricane Katrina, as well as our sympathies to those who have suffered great losses and personal hardship," said Deputy Prime Minister Anne McLellan. "During this difficult time, we are offering our support to our friends and neighbours."

The Deputy Prime Minister added that she has contacted U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff and advised him that Canada stands ready to provide assistance if needed. In addition, the Minister of Health, Ujjal Dosanjh, has directed the Public Health Agency of Canada to contact the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and offer any assistance that may be helpful, such as emergency medical supplies contained in the National Emergency Stockpile System.

katrina said:
I didn't mean to be racist in anyway...I just wondered :shock: I didn't see any whites that's all...

Katrina, Very few whites live in downtown New Orleans, except for a few immediately in the Bourbon Street area. Whites mostly live in the surrounding areas, Kenner, Metairie, and other "suburbs". It is that way in most every southern city, other big cities too!

That's why you haven't seen many whites on the TV segments.

Even though the "integration" proponents have gotten laws passed prohibiting "segregation", people will naturally seek there own kind to live amongst. It's a social thing that will never be legislated away.

I heard on an American radio program, last night, that the Bush administration pulled its funding for the upkeep and repair of the existing water burms in New Orleans. That they said the state had the cash to do the job and the Federal Government was not going to provide assistance anymore in their repair and maintenance.

If this is true, I have a few questions.

1. Did failure of these earthened burms cause flooding? Or would, the flooding have occurred anyways - as the water levels were just too high?

2. If the poor maintenance of the burms contributed to the flooding, how much cash from the state or the feds would have been required to properly fix them? Wouldn't that have been cheaper than the costs now faced?

3. I have also heard that New Orleans has been sinking over the last 50 years. What is the story on that?

Yeah I heard something about point three as well. Maybe should ask the Tragically Hip?? They released something on that a while back!! :)

Horseman,
I want to know how you really feel about the BusH Adminisration???? :lol:

Living amongst "our own kind" should not be considered racist. The area I live in is a rural mixed area, but the inner rcities of the south are mostly black, like it or not.

It could be socio-economic too, but still a fact. Here that is. Are you denying most of inner city New Orleans, Atlanta, Memphis, Little Rock, Montgomery, Charleston, and Birmingham are not black?

Course, "The times, they are a-changing". As Bob Dylan put it.

I was simply explaining to Katrina why she saw no whites on TV in the looting.

reader (the Second) said:
Mike said:
katrina said:
I didn't mean to be racist in anyway...I just wondered :shock: I didn't see any whites that's all...

Katrina, Very few whites live in downtown New Orleans, except for a few immediately in the Bourbon Street area. Whites mostly live in the surrounding areas, Kenner, Metairie, and other "suburbs". It is that way in most every southern city, other big cities too!

That's why you haven't seen many whites on the TV segments.

Even though the "integration" proponents have gotten laws passed prohibiting "segregation", people will naturally seek there own kind to live amongst. It's a social thing that will never be legislated away.

I don't think this is a correct analysis Mike. I have lived in places (California, Egypt) where race and ethnic background is mostly not paid any attention to. In Alexandria, VA where I live today, students black and white and Latino "hang" together at the local high school, the split being mostly along socio-economic lines. My son's group of friends was integrated, to the extent that diverse ethnic groups were represented in AP classes and theater and music -- the world he lived in during high school. His high school was heavily black and immigrant, "white" students were ~ 30%. I think that in the middle class, diverse ethnic groups do mingle in the U.S. where there is no implicit racism. That's my experience anyway in California, Texas, and here in the Washington D.C. are.

Our county is totally integrated-- Two black families in the entire county and they live 20 miles apart :wink: ....

Latest posts